Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Something we haven't talked about much... our own FA's

Here is a list of the restricted and unrestricted free agents for the Indianapolis Colts in 2013. Free agency begins March 12, 2013.

Pat McAfee, Punter, 4 years

Austin Collie, Wide Receiver, 4 Years

Dwight Freeney, Rush Linebacker, 11 years

Jerraud Powers, Cornerback, 4 years

Donnie Avery, Wide Receiver, 5 years

Darius Butler, Cornerback, 4 years

Moise Fokou, Inside Linebacker, 4 years

Winston Justice, Offensive Tackle, 7 years

A.J. Edds, Inside Linebacker, 3 years

Drew Stanton, Quarterback, 6 years

Jamaal Westerman, Defensive End, 4 years

Tony Hills, Offensive Tackle, 5 years

Fili Moala, Defensive End, 4 years

Mewelde Moore, Running back, 9 years

Antonio Johnson, Defensive Tackle, 6 years

Cassius Vaughn, Cornerback, 3 years *

Seth Olsen, Offensive Guard, 3 years *

Jeff Linkenbach, Offensive Tackle, 3 years *

* Restricted free agent
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/1/2...ts-free-agents

Who should we bring back and who should we let go? I think McAfee is a lock to return, but that's it.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Pat Mac is the only one we really need back. Freeney is gone because he was a poor fit in the 3-4. Hopefully he finds a good 4-3 team to rejuvenate his HOF career, maybe the Cowboys across from Ware, that would be unstoppable. Then we could get Spencer! I wouldn't mind having Johnson back for depth but not as our starting NT again. I think Fili can still develop into a good end but he is replaceable.. I did like Lawrence Guy down the stretch. Butler and Powers are about the same talent, nickel backs, so I guess whoever is cheaper. I honestly would care if we only bring back Mac lol

vCash
    Definitely Coming Back
    Pat Mac
    Cassius Vaughn

Good chance they return
    Darius Butler
    Moises Fokou
    Fili Moala
    Jeff Linkenbach - Grigson loves this guy and his ability to play multiple positions on the line, i just wish he could play them well.

It could go either way
    Jerraud Powers
    Winston Justice
    Drew Stanton
    Antonio Johnson

I doubt it
    Austin Collie
    Dwight Freeney
    Donnie Avery
    AJ Edds
    Jamaal Westerman
    Tony Hills
    Mewelde Moore
    Seth Olsen (I hope not)

#iubb

vCash
    Pat Mac is 100% back. Not only is he a great punter and KO guy but also in the community he is a great guy to have on the team.

I like Butler better than Vaughn so I'd like to see at least on jaque's list them switched....Vaughn getting torched by Bolden in the playoffs put Butler ahead of him IMO.

I don't think Powers is coming back at all....he has injury problems and doesn't fit this system, he may go with DFree to somewhere that runs a version of the Cover 2 and will excel as long as he is healthy.

Other than that I pretty much agree with Jaque.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/1/2...ts-free-agents

Who should we bring back and who should we let go? I think McAfee is a lock to return, but that's it.

Pat McAfee, Punter, 4 years Yes, a fine punter and KO man plus can kick FG's in a pinch.

Austin Collie, Wide Receiver, 4 Years No, he needs to retire and be around for his family.

Dwight Freeney, Rush Linebacker, 11 years No, grateful for the many fine years and memories but doesn't fit the scheme and injuries are starting to pop up.

Jerraud Powers, Cornerback, 4 years No, I would have liked to have seen them put him in the mix at Safety if he could stay healthy...but he can't. He is a Cover 2 CB so the move to Safety would make sense but like I said...IR every year he is played.

Donnie Avery, Wide Receiver, 5 years No, too many drops from a player who has been in the league so long plus an extensive injury history.

Darius Butler, Cornerback, 4 years Yes, has solid nickle back in this Defense written all over him and shouldn't be too expensive.

Moise Fokou, Inside Linebacker, 4 years Yes, a fine backup that shouldn't cost much.

Winston Justice, Offensive Tackle, 7 years No, has never lived up to his 2nd round draft status and was injured quite a bit this past year.

A.J. Edds, Inside Linebacker, 3 years Yes, if dirt cheap...brings size to LB position it sorely needs.

Drew Stanton, Quarterback, 6 years No, unless they feel Harnish(sp?) isn't ready and/if a cheaper, better QB is available to back up.

Jamaal Westerman, Defensive End, 4 years No, purely based on not seeing much of him.

Tony Hills, Offensive Tackle, 5 years No, the OLine needs to be upgraded in terms of starters and backups.

Fili Moala, Defensive End, 4 years Yes, one of the few true 3/4 DE's on the roster and seemed to play his best this past year. His ACL injury should make him a cheap re-sign.

Mewelde Moore, Running back, 9 years No, let Arians have him .

Antonio Johnson, Defensive Tackle, 6 years No, undersized 3/4 NT and not able to move to end. Between Mckinney and Chapman and possibly Tevaseau(sp?) there is no room for him.

Cassius Vaughn, Cornerback, 3 years * Despite having a few bad games, he is young and was Defensive Player of The Week...he won't cost much and has room to develop.

Seth Olsen, Offensive Guard, 3 years * No, see Tony Hills.

Jeff Linkenbach, Offensive Tackle, 3 years * Like JW? said, his versatility is great...just needs to become good at one of the positions to be a solid backup. He is young and like Vaughn has room to develop and shouldn't be too expensive.
    Last edited by Wyld1; 01-29-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I agree with all in McAfee, I just hope they don't overpay for a kicker. I like Butler over Vaughn and can see Linkenbach coming back as well as Foku.

I'm not emotionally connected to Stanton or Harnish, but it makes for an interesting conversation after the 2011 season. We certainly hope the future backup gets as much playing time as as those from the previous decade. What/who do the Colts need to backup Luck? Personally, I would like to see a veteran who can help him with perspective and experience in the sideline. Don't know who. Ant thought on the need?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    I agree with all in McAfee, I just hope they don't overpay for a kicker. I like Butler over Vaughn and can see Linkenbach coming back as well as Foku.

I'm not emotionally connected to Stanton or Harnish, but it makes for an interesting conversation after the 2011 season. We certainly hope the future backup gets as much playing time as as those from the previous decade. What/who do the Colts need to backup Luck? Personally, I would like to see a veteran who can help him with perspective and experience in the sideline. Don't know who. Ant thought on the need?
    Jim Sorgi.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I would also like to see us re-sign Moala. Im still really high on him and Nevis especially in 3-4.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post

Jim Sorgi.
    I liked Sorgi.

vCash
    Sorgi was a very good back up lol.

vCash
    I think that him spending all those years as Peyton's backup was beneficial and would make him at least somewhat serviceable. He might have retired though?

#3in5

<3

vCash
    I think Sorgi is out of football. I was trying to think of a guy but there are not a lot of vets out there. Someone like Matt Moore would be perfect but he is going to be kind of expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I think Sorgi is out of football. I was trying to think of a guy but there are not a lot of vets out there. Someone like Matt Moore would be perfect but he is going to be kind of expensive.
    Yes he is retired. He does local radio and TV as a Colts analyst. Maybe I'm romanticizing Sorgi a bit after what we saw from Painter in 2011. But it seems to me that Sorgi led the Colts to a few 2nd half wins at the end of seasons when Peyton was only playing the 1st half while the team got ready for the playoffs.

vCash
    ^I always thought Sorgi was going to head into coaching and surprised when he went into local broadcasting....

Maybe this is just me but it seemed that Peyton lost a little when Sorgi left for the NYG in 2010...I think he was one of those guys who saw the field like a great QB but just didn't have the skills to make the plays, and I think he might have had close to the amount of input as Tom Moore both on the halftime adjustments.

vCash
    There is not one guy on the list that's irreplaceable, although I would put Freeney in that category if the Colts still ran a 4-3 defense, as he's still an elite pass rushing DE. That being said, I would like to see them re-sign McAfee, if the price is reasonable. The rest are all backups at best, so they should only be signed if an upgrade is not available and if their price is reasonable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast