Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You and I could have figured that one out.

    Could we have drafted Luck? Sure. Could we have churned over what? 30 players? And then won 8+ games. **** NO.

    Did Elway draft Rahim Moore? JW
    still dont get how drafting luck is a no brainer, but signing free agent peyton manning is som stroke of genius
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,033
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    still dont get how drafting luck is a no brainer, but signing free agent peyton manning is som stroke of genius
    It's just that same crap we always deal with. I'm a fan of this team so this is obvious better/best or you're a hater.

    I didn't even know Elway was in the discussion.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's just that same crap we always deal with. I'm a fan of this team so this is obvious better/best or you're a hater.

    I didn't even know Elway was in the discussion.
    hey, give him abreak. signing a 4 tikme MVP is one risky move that takes a hell of a lot of gut. nobody else possiblly could nhave come up with that idea...................



    seriosuly, there is almost no arguement for anyone but grigson. he completly rebuilt the worst team in the league into a playoff team in one offseason
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    500
    Manning had a list of like 3 teams, and he picked Denver. Elway beat out 2 other GM's because Manning was only interested in 3 teams. Elway beat out the Niners because the Niners were not interested in Manning being the OC and running the offense. Elway beat the Titans because everyone including Manning knew he wasn't going to the Titans.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,033
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    hey, give him abreak. signing a 4 tikme MVP is one risky move that takes a hell of a lot of gut. nobody else possiblly could nhave come up with that idea...................



    seriosuly, there is almost no arguement for anyone but grigson. he completly rebuilt the worst team in the league into a playoff team in one offseason
    It's amazing how people don't see it that way. In fact he seems to think it's LAUGHABLE that it wasn't Elway.

    It's stuff like this that just blows me away.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    18,380
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's just that same crap we always deal with. I'm a fan of this team so this is obvious better/best or you're a hater.

    I didn't even know Elway was in the discussion.
    He was second in voting some how.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    24,042
    vCash
    1500
    Grigson re-tooled an entire roster by signing unproven guys to essentially minimum contracts. This is with nearly 30M+ in dead cap space from making releases that didn't sit well with the public (Gary Brackett, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Dallas Clark, a few others).

    He re-assembled a new coaching staff.

    His team went 2-14 last year to 11-5 and a first round exit in the playoffs this year when, including Colts fans like myself, no one realistically expected us to win more than 6 games.

    If the Broncos would have been in the Super Bowl right now, I honestly do think Elway would have won considering the vote was 9-8 in Grigson's favor. But the fact is the Broncos lost in the same round as they did last year

    Props to Grigson. I'm excited for the Indy future

    #iubb

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Manning had a list of like 3 teams, and he picked Denver. Elway beat out 2 other GM's because Manning was only interested in 3 teams. Elway beat out the Niners because the Niners were not interested in Manning being the OC and running the offense. Elway beat the Titans because everyone including Manning knew he wasn't going to the Titans.
    i dont think san fran was ever really in the running. peyton seemed like he wanted to stay in the AFC
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Grigson re-tooled an entire roster by signing unproven guys to essentially minimum contracts. This is with nearly 30M+ in dead cap space from making releases that didn't sit well with the public (Gary Brackett, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Dallas Clark, a few others).

    He re-assembled a new coaching staff.

    His team went 2-14 last year to 11-5 and a first round exit in the playoffs this year when, including Colts fans like myself, no one realistically expected us to win more than 6 games.

    If the Broncos would have been in the Super Bowl right now, I honestly do think Elway would have won considering the vote was 9-8 in Grigson's favor. But the fact is the Broncos lost in the same round as they did last year

    Props to Grigson. I'm excited for the Indy future
    and lets not forget that team that beat them is in the superbowl so its not like they shate the bed like pittsbrugh did against denver last year
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,100
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i dont think san fran was ever really in the running. peyton seemed like he wanted to stay in the AFC
    That and Peyton may have struggled running the pistol.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    That and Peyton may have struggled running the pistol.
    did they run the pistol pre-kapernick?
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 01-30-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,100
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    did they run the pistol pre-kapernick?
    Not really. They did have some QB running plays with Smith, like the QB sweep. Harbaugh just loves athletic QBs. Can't see him ever really having a statuesque QB like Manning. The main thing is, the egos wouldn't have meshed. They have two completely different styles of offense

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Not really. They did have some QB running plays with Smith, like the QB sweep. Harbaugh just loves athletic QBs. Can't see him ever really having a statuesque QB like Manning. The main thing is, the egos wouldn't have meshed. They have two completely different styles of offense
    so maybe it wasn't manning turning the 49ers down then, maybe it was mutual. i know harbaugh was high on kapernick the whole time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    11,100
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    so maybe it wasn't manning turning the 49ers down then, maybe it was mutual. i know harbaugh was high on kapernick the whole time
    That's my thought as well. I think they mutually decided against it. Denver was the perfect fit. SF would have been a challenging one. He got to stay in the AFC, got to install his own offense and got seriously paid. Not all of those could've happened in SF. I know we couldn't have paid him like that.

    Apparently Kap had been ripping up our defense in practice all year. Once he did it in a real game, it was over. Kap was going to take over eventually, it just got pushed up a half season or so. I think Harbaugh was just chomping at the bit thinking of the possibilities with Kap in there. He can hurt you so many ways. All signs point to the kid having a good head on his shoulders, so he should only keep getting better.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    All Up In There!
    Posts
    3,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Elway already had a QB who brought them back from 1-4 to the division title and a win in their opening playoff game. He then traded him away and signed Choketon Manning who pissed his pants at the end of their first playoff game and threw an INT to seal a loss, like usual. Such a choker they wouldn't even let him try and throw a pass on third and medium towards the end of regulation because they knew he would choke like always hoping they could get lucky in OT on a defensive score or something.

    Elway didn't do jack **** other than sign Choker and Grigson basically retooled an ENTIRE roster. He went from worst team in the NFL to 10 wins? Elway went from playoff win to playoff loss and he added the supposed GOAT. Lol

    This is ultimate definition of homerism. Elway's not even #2 either. Probably not even #3.

    I'll take the guy that helped add 8 wins to his team. And if you think it was JUST LUCK, where the **** were you when I argued for ages that Luck should win ROY because he did more for his team? Oh yeah blowing RGIII and Russell Wilson because they had neat stats. All the sudden Luck was what made them so good and it wasn't all their sweet WRs and their defense stepping up.

    Lulz, you people are amazing.
    Ckoketon, lmao!!!! That's a new one for me...but true . Btw, I completely agree with your post and the majority on this thread.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •