Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Improvement from 2012 to 2013

What starters are you looking to see improve the most from last year to this upcoming year?

and/or

Who do you expect to see the most improvement in?

and fyi I know every single player should improve im just asking for specifics so we can all get our minds off the draft/free agency

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I really wanna see improvement in

Mason Foster - He started off great, I think he regressed a little bit towards the end of the season. I wanna see him really take control of that MLB spot and elevate his game.

Mark Barron - He did a lot of things well and I am one of his biggest supporters. With a real secondary around him I wanna see him step it up and be the Mark Barron we all know he can be game in and game out

Greg Schiano - I know I said players, but there were a whole lot of coaching errors, in-game errors between him, Sullivan and Sheridan. He has a whole off season to look at those mistakes, figure out what went wrong and make sure they don't again. Coaching staff really needs to help this team not hinder it to get where it needs to go

Players I think we will see the most improvement from:

1. Lavonte David - He was great against the run and fantastic in open field. I think his coverage was adequate. I expect him to give it 120% this off season as he has every day since he became a Buccaneer. I have huge expectations for him this year and I think he will get it done. I think he will understand the defense inside and out and I expect the coverage to be his biggest improvement, wont hurt to have better corners out their either.

2. Josh Freeman - If they get a good young slot reciever and a real good TE through the draft or FA, this will be the scariest offense that the Buccaneers have ever trotted out. Second season in this offense, second season with the beasts that are Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin. I expect him to put all the doubters to rest this season and earn himself a big fat pay day.

3. Gerald McCoy - We have seen what he can do with one full season. It was remarkable. He did it without Adrian Clayborn. I feel like he and Michael Bennett carried this defensive line. I expect an upgrade next to him so he doesnt have to carry Roy Miller for another season. I think he will take it to that next level and get close to Geno Atkins numbers next season.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    -Mark Barron is at the top of my list of players that I expect to see improvemnt out of. I am actually not one of his biggest supporters. I see the potential, and I think he will thrive with a better supporting cast in the future, but I also think everyone gave him a big break because he was the first round pick. In my eyes he was the 3rd best rookie on the team. I think we will see better play out of him this season.

-Gerald Mccoy. I agree that he should only get better.

-L. Johnson. Even though we need to find an immediate upgrade, I still think he is an eventual starter. Should be by 2014.

-D. Martin. hard to improve from already being one of the best in the league, but the point I am trying to make is that I don't think it was a fluke by any means. I would say the same thing about L. David.

Im my eyes Josh Freeman is the guy that we need improvement from more then any other. I'm not predicting wheather it will or won't happen, but we will be in real good shape if he does.

vCash
    ^ Good list fellas, I hope for the same thing.

I also think that these guys will improve:

Demar Dotson - He was solid in pass protection and quietly improved his run blocking throughout the year. Another year under coach Bostad should do wonders for him. He needs to cut down on the penalties, though. He allowed way too many during the second half of last season.

Leonard Johnson - Johnson crumbled down the stretch last season, but I still think he has a bright future with the Bucs going forward. He should be able to continue to develop and eventually be a serviceable #3 cornerback for us, possibly even #2.

Who I hope will improve:

Arrelious Benn - This is Benn's last chance. His contract will be set to expire at the end of next year and needs to show something if he wants to have a future in Tampa.
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 01-28-2013 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    Josh freeman- has a high sealing and all the weapons he needs, but makes bonehead decisions. If he can improve his reads then we make playoffs (as long as injuries don't overwhelm)

O/D line- more like I hope they can improve there health and play a full season besides little injuries. Every season last few years we have had big hits...

DBs- everyone of them had great game experience to get better, now hopefully they do because there should be a few new faces and a lot of players are on chopping block.

Benn- he has all the tools as well to succeed but hasn't come close outside of a few games. Yes he hasn't had many games but he has had practice to see if he deserve to start and has moved down depth chart. No use besides on madden.

vCash
    Michael Bennett- He had a big year this year for pass rush, but id love to see his sacks go up just a little. He could be one of the best in the league when it comes to both stopping the run and getting sacks, even if he doesnt have the most sacks

Josh Freeman- For obvious reasons. A little better and maybe we would have made the playoffs.... we probably wouldnt have gotten far with our DB's but some improvement would be nice

DB's- Need i say more? KEEP FIGHTING RONDE!!!!!

Luke Stocker- He has great potential, with a year under clarks wing, he should improve alot this upcoming season.
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    This is a list of people I think will get better in 2013.

Michael Smith
    I think we have a potential great kick returner in Smith. He made some very flashy plays in pre season last year and I can only see him improving. We desperately need a playmaking returner and I think Smith will get the ball rolling for himself in 2013.

Luke Stocker
    Although hes somewhat slow, and inconsistent, hes still a 6'6 huge target for Freeman to use. I think that Freeman was unsure of the TE position after Winslow left, and I think that he will look to get that position more attention this year. When we used the TE's in the passing game; what little we did this last year it was successful.

Mike Williams
    Although Mike had a pretty good year as a number 2 I think there's still room for him to improve. Now that hes set in his role he should be even better this year.

Mark Barron
    He was on and off this year. I think when he was off he was more frustrated that his teammates in the secondary were just not clicking, and he was having to come in and asked to do a lot more then he was ready for. With some key parts added to the secondary this off season he should be more focused in his role and be more comfortable to make plays.

Adrian Clayborn
    I look for Claybron to have a comeback year. I think being sidelined most of last year with his injury he should be more fueled to prove hes a liable DE in this league. Can't wait to see our line go with full force all year.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Dubbz and Quick summed my list up for me. One other guy, is Eric Lorig. I was pleasently suprised by his blocking ability at the FB position as a converted DE. Now likely to be the guy back there with a single feature back, I think he will have the opportunity to flourish into every RB's best friend and possibly make the Pro Bowl granted there is one. The other 3 that popped in my mind immediately was Benn, Johnson and Stocker for reasons summed up above.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I'd like to see Josh Freeman improve. O and D lines (specifically pass rush and pass blocking) lastly and most important. Pass Defense (specifically the CB's and secondary) We fix the above and we will be playoff bound.

vCash
    Improvements: ticket sales lol
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Mark Barron- I know all the writers are saying he had a great year and you cant justify the things that he did. I would like to see him improve in coverage because a lot of times he was burned by WR's or he was dominated by TE's. If that wasnt the case then he was hit for PI for not turning around to the ball. Amazing tackler and against the run and cant ask much more from him in that respect. But we made him a top 10 safety pick for a reason and those are very rare so prove your worth. I think he will be great but he is the one i'm most excited to watch.

vCash
    I'd like everyone to improve!! That is what the offseason is for is to grow and continue to get better. Alot of film and learning from your mistakes. I want Bowers and Clayborn to get healthy and stay healthy with McCoy. When those 3 grow together were gonna have a nice front 7 for years to come. Everyone needs to improve though. David could get better in coverage and rushing the passer. We need to draft another LB to group with him and Foster. If foster steps up we could potentially have our Willis/Bowman 49ers duo. Thats who we need to mimic. We want our offense like the great Giants Super Bowl teams and 49ers Super Bowl Defense. Build your teams like theirs when they were successful. Draft all defense. CB,LB,S. Stock up.

vCash
    We have a good line like the 49ers. Two good LBs that are only gonna get better. We need our "Ahmad Brooks" and our "Deshon Goldson". If we were to draft offense it should only be best available player. We need a speed guy to line up in slot and stretch the D. We need our Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, Torrey Smith kind of guy. Draft best available or fastest available. lol. Thats all we really need other than maybe a couple late round picks on insurance for the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    Improvements: ticket sales lol
    LMAO Bingo!
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION