Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rudy Gay and Darrell Arthur for Calderon and Ed Davis rumor heating up

Ed Davis has been great this year, risky trade
    The Memphis Grizzlies continue to field calls from teams interested in Rudy Gay and are engaged in active trade discussions with the Toronto Raptors, sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com.

Although the framework of a workable trade has not yet been established, sources told ESPN.com that Toronto -- known to be perhaps Gay's most determined suitor -- has continued to make a hard push for the swingman.

The Grizzlies, though, maintain that last week's luxury-tax-slashing trade with Cleveland means they no longer feel the same pressure to move Gay or another high-priced player before the NBA's Feb. 21 trade deadline.

New Grizzlies CEO Jason Levien told local reporters late last week that "we really like our team" and that it is "more likely than not that we do nothing" in terms of breaking up Memphis' marquee foursome of Gay, point guard Mike Conley, forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol.

But sources say that the Raptors, undaunted by that stance, continue to pursue Gay and also covet Grizzlies forward Darrell Arthur. Toronto, sources said, has made veteran point guard Jose Calderon and blossoming young forward Ed Davis available as the two cornerstones of its offer.

Other teams remain engaged with the Grizzlies as well, as Memphis officials continue to weigh whether it is best to trade Gay or keep together the core of a team that has ranked among the top four in the Western Conference.

If talks with the Raptors do progress, according to sources, it's possible that a trade with Memphis could expand to include other teams and players. NBA front-office sources have maintained for weeks that Calderon (who has an expiring contract), fellow Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry (only $1 million in guaranteed salary next season) and former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani all are available.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...zzlies-sources

vCash
    honestly, i'd rather keep davis.. he's a great young player and i've heard far too many issues with Gay being too much of an ISO player and is only effective with the ball. His defense is probably overrated due to the elite backcourt of Conley and Allen.

On the other hand, maybe Rudy's production isn't as great because of the offensive firepower Memphis has in Gasol, Randolph, and conley..? I mean look at OJ mayo.. he's been beasting it ever since he left.

vCash
    If Colangelo does this I will take a **** on his front porch.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    raptors should pounce on this immediately and move Derozan for a PF.

lowry
    ross
    gay
    pf
    valanciunas

that's a pretty solid squad right there...
    WE BUILDIN

vCash
    I don't wanna move davis. Ross and Jonas better not be part of that or else we're gonna riot.

vCash
    **** no give them derozan or something we don't want gays overrated *** for a young cheap promising big man.

vCash
    davis,ross,val <--- untouchable in trades including gay. which hopefully means this won't go down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    raptors should pounce on this immediately and move Derozan for a PF.

lowry
    ross
    gay
    pf
    valanciunas

that's a pretty solid squad right there...
    completely wrong. Gay is overrated. Why do you think the Grizz want to dump him? He's overpaid for what he does. All he is , is an inefficient chucker.

Davis is showing he can be a 20/10 guy. This is the first year he gets minutes, and he is averaging 15/8 for the month. Plus, he plays great defense and is efficient. He should be untouchable along with Ross and Valanciunas. Raptors need to build thru draft NOT crappy trades.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    If Colangelo does this I will take a **** on his front porch.
    i'm with you. if i can't nail down his exact address i'll just look for a house that gives the appearance of quality from the outside but is actually **** when you get inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I hope it happens. No big trades so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    davis,ross,val <--- untouchable in trades including gay. which hopefully means this won't go down.
    youre the GM?
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    Really don't understand why the Raptors do this, they're not close to being a playoff team and Gay is not the difference between playoffs or not.

vCash
    Raptors fans hated the Ross pick. They hated the Davis pick too.

vCash
    I hate this trade
    NOT happening so calm down boyz
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Raptors fans hated the Ross pick. They hated the Davis pick too.
    I don't know about that. At first maybe but within the hour we were fine with those picks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast