Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    The Spurs did...
    what are you drunk....the spurs were 20-62 before they drafted duncan.....btw...this forum is starting to become joke, first the celtics are back, then the lakers are back, and okc already champions....and now this....are you kidding me?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,695
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    what are you drunk....the spurs were 20-62 before they drafted duncan.....btw...this forum is starting to become joke, first the celtics are back, then the lakers are back, and okc already champions....and now this....are you kidding me?
    nope, not drunk. Same team that was competing for a ring the year prior, and held a healthy D-Rob out the last 35+ games of the season to tank.

    If you feel like I am not correct, by all means, I will educate you.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,038
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    Here is a question:

    What legacy is better? Lebron now with 1 ring and absolutely gaudy stats (and a title as the number 1 guy)
    OR Lebron with "Grant Hill in his prime" like stats but with 4 rings? On a team with 3 other Hofs
    Couldn't have put it better myself
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    I would say if you are on a contending team within 3 years, you're very fortunate...
    Didnt Lebron have a decent playoff run his 3rd year and make the finals his 4th?


    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    what are you drunk....the spurs were 20-62 before they drafted duncan.....btw...this forum is starting to become joke, first the celtics are back, then the lakers are back, and okc already champions....and now this....are you kidding me?
    Yes, they were. But they had a poor record because their franchise player was down for the season. They were a contender with a healthy roster.

    The Lakers got the number one pick and were a playoff team when they drafted Magic.

    and the Celtics had just won the championship when they drafted Len Bias at number two.

    And the Pistons (though they wasted the pick) had the number two pick when they were contenders).

    The Bulls may very well find themselves with the number one pick in a couple seasons should the Bobcats continue to suck.

    It does happen from time to time.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring The Heat View Post
    in 2006 would've destroyed Miami in finals lol.... You do realize the Spurs lost to Dallas in 7 games and the Heat beat them in 5... Keep dreaming buddy
    Yeah.... the Spurs lost to the MAvs in 7 games WITHOUT LeBron James. The hypothetical scenario here presumes that LBJ would have been on the team. I hardly think Dallas would have lasted 7 games again the Spurs had they had LBJ, and the Heat would have had a lot of trouble trying to guard LBJ, Duncan, Manu and Parker.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    166
    vCash
    1500
    Stern wont hate the spurs anymore. Lebron will have a better legacy as a winner from his rookie year til he retires. At least 6 titles.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    50
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring The Heat View Post
    in 2006 would've destroyed Miami in finals lol.... You do realize the Spurs lost to Dallas in 7 games and the Heat beat them in 5... Keep dreaming buddy
    6 games, not 5.

    Dallas had built their team literally as a counter to the Spurs (which ultimately worked). And lets be real, Spurs were NOT losing to the Heat in 06 lol.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaddicted View Post
    6 games, not 5.

    Dallas had built their team literally as a counter to the Spurs (which ultimately worked). And lets be real, Spurs were NOT losing to the Heat in 06 lol.

    Nobody was stopping Wade in '06.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    12,000
    vCash
    1623
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    Nobody was stopping Wade in '06.
    He was certainly special that year. But the Spurs at least had a guy like Bowen who would've pestered him a lot more than anyone on the Mavs did.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,647
    vCash
    1500
    He'd have more rings but he wouldn't be as highly regarded on an all-time players list as he is now.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Yes, they were. But they had a poor record because their franchise player was down for the season. They were a contender with a healthy roster.

    The Lakers got the number one pick and were a playoff team when they drafted Magic.

    and the Celtics had just won the championship when they drafted Len Bias at number two.

    And the Pistons (though they wasted the pick) had the number two pick when they were contenders).

    The Bulls may very well find themselves with the number one pick in a couple seasons should the Bobcats continue to suck.

    It does happen from time to time.
    Didn't the Lakers have the number one pick when they drafted James Worthy fresh off a championship? That was when the NBA changed that rule if I'm not mistaken.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    nope, not drunk. Same team that was competing for a ring the year prior, and held a healthy D-Rob out the last 35+ games of the season to tank.

    If you feel like I am not correct, by all means, I will educate you.
    well that never happened....thats why u can't educate me.......and just to let u know....he only played 6 games that year.....let me give u an example....what about the chicago bulls....they don't have derrick rose and they are still getting the job done....thats why the nba is a team game....

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,742
    vCash
    2970
    what if he went to the lakers, clippers, bucks, bobcats, wolves, warriors, magic, celtics..........

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 4 Yards: 97 TD: 1

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    well that never happened....thats why u can't educate me.......and just to let u know....he only played 6 games that year.....let me give u an example....what about the chicago bulls....they don't have derrick rose and they are still getting the job done....thats why the nba is a team game....
    r u like 10 years old?

    Spurs in 95 - 62 wins, lost to HOU in conference finals 4-2
    Spurs in 96 - 59 wins, lost to JAZZ in second round 4-2
    Spurs in 97 - 20 wins, DAVID ROBINSON PLAYED 6 GAMES (draft Duncan number 1)
    Spurs in 98 - 56 wins, lost to JAZZ in second round 4-1 (JAZZ made the finals and lost to Bulls)
    Spurs in 99 - NBA Champs

    How can you say a contender didn't draft Duncan?


    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •