Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What if LeBron had been drafted by the Spurs

If Bron were given the gift many Superstars were afforded, the gift of being drafted to an instant contender, how differently would his career look to this point?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    I don't think his numbers would be nearly the same, I think he would of been instituted into a system. He would have more rings, but hard to believe he'd have as many MVP's or Historical statistical seasons.. Just my opinion, could be completely wrong.

vCash
    He would have a **** load of rings right now, the team would have been his after his first few years, maybe a couple of MVP's
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    I don't think his numbers would be nearly the same, I think he would of been instituted into a system. He would have more rings, but hard to believe he'd have as many MVP's or Historical statistical seasons.. Just my opinion, could be completely wrong.
    Any input on just how statistically different he would be?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Any input on just how statistically different he would be?
    Hard to say, but I doubt Pop would let him have as much free reign with the ball with Parker at PG...

I think Lebrons numbers might be, 20 points, 7 assists, 10 boards. and a lot of playing time at PF next to Duncan. with greater efficiency (hard to imagine since he's already extremely efficient), but I bet he'd be a better deep ball shooter, as Pop emphasizes corner 3's.. I think he'd be more of a Hybrid as a Spur playing half his time at PF and the other at SF.

What do you think?

vCash
    there is no chance in hell a contender team would get the #1 overall pick in the draft..

vCash
    he would be more of a scorer imo. he has never played with a good pg which is why he has the point forward mantra but imagine if it was just his job to score and defend as opposed to having to get his whole team going, he could have dropped 30+ most seasons. it would have been duncan, lebron, ginobili, parker which would have been rowdy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakaNashur View Post
    there is no chance in hell a contender team would get the #1 overall pick in the draft..
    if the raptors get the #1 overall then OKC a contender will have the #1 pick. understand the meaning of hypothetical questions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakaNashur View Post
    The Spurs did...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    He would play reduced minutes under Pop, his scoring would probably hover in the low 20's, same or higher efficiency, but his playmaking skills would have been legendary, along with his defensive accolades. He would have a nice start on being a top 2-3 player ever if drafted straight into a contender, like Duncan, Bird, Magic, or Kobe.

I would guess a 22-9-7 type line, with multiple championships, and a couple finals MVP's to date.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    if the raptors get the #1 overall then OKC a contender will have the #1 pick. understand the meaning of hypothetical questions.
    Nope. Raptors are top 3 protected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    If Bron were given the gift many Superstars were afforded, the gift of being drafted to an instant contender, how differently would his career look to this point?
    "Many superstars" were given the gift of being drafted to instant contenders? This is news to me. Your question should probably say.....

If Lebron were lucky enough to be one the very few players in the draft lottery era to be selected by a team devastated by an injury to their already in place superstar the previous season, how would his career have unfolded?

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    He would play reduced minutes under Pop, his scoring would probably hover in the low 20's, same or higher efficiency, but his playmaking skills would have been legendary, along with his defensive accolades. He would have a nice start on being a top 2-3 player ever if drafted straight into a contender, like Duncan, Bird, Magic, or Kobe.

I would guess a 22-9-7 type line, with multiple championships, and a couple finals MVP's to date.
    I had him at similar numbers, I don't know about legendary play making skills, I just don't know if Pop would play him that way.. I have him playing to much time at PF to have that many assists, I think his post game would be extremely improved and I see a lot of time at the high block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    I had him at similar numbers, I don't know about legendary play making skills, I just don't know if Pop would play him that way.. I have him playing to much time at PF to have that many assists, I think his post game would be extremely improved and I see a lot of time at the high block.
    A coach would adjust to a player who has his abilities, period. The only difference is he wouldn't need to score 30 a night, and his minutes would be reduced under Pop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pd7631 View Post
    "Many superstars" were given the gift of being drafted to instant contenders? This is news to me. Your question should probably say.....

If Lebron were lucky enough to be one the very few players in the draft lottery era to be selected by a team devastated by an injury to their already in place superstar the previous season, how would his career have unfolded?
    Kobe Bryant traded to LA, a contender.
    Blake Griffen drafted by the Clippers, 2nd season was put next to CP3, 3rd season on a contender
    Dwyane Wade, 3rd season on Miami was gifted with Shaq, not prime Shaq, but still a PER of 24.4 EFG% .600
    Rondo, 2nd season was placed next to KG, Pierce, Allen
    TIM Duncan, as already stated
    even MJ, had the pieces put together very quickly.. by what his 3rd 4th season? It happens pretty often.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast