Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Supa View Post
    Most people's expectations are unrealistic. No other player can change their games in an instant like Kobe did, but even Kobe cannot be expected to average double digits assists the rest of the way.

---
    I get what you are saying and you make a good point... but I don't know... we might be seeing something very special or very unusual right now... Kobe might be lighting a spark here that could really elevate his career another few notches, doing something that Jordan never did. It's very interesting.

I mean Kobe is still gonna create shots and still gonna score, but wow if he eventually makes it his top mission to be a great playmaker... wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    I get what you are saying and you make a good point... but I don't know... we might be seeing something very special or very unusual right now... Kobe might be lighting a spark here that could really elevate his career another few notches, doing something that Jordan never did. It's very interesting.

I mean Kobe is still gonna create shots and still gonna score, but wow if he eventually makes it his top mission to be a great playmaker... wow.
    Jordan once put up 32.5/8/8. This wouldn't be something Jordan never did.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    LOL What didn't MJ do now?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    being accused of rape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    being accused of rape.
    No. Jordan kept his hoes & booky in check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Jordan never averaged 10+ assists.

The most assists Jordan ever had in a single game was 17, in 1989 against Portland, which is more than Kobe's highest assist total to date, which is 15.

However Kobe did just get 14 assists back to back, which I'm pretty sure Jordan never did, and if Kobe keeps playing around like this, really, how long is it till he drops 20+ assists on some team? Or goes crazy for like 35 assists or something?

Again, Jordan is inviolate in his hermetically sealed bubble of awesomeness and eternal greatness, but I'm just saying. I will definitely be watching the rest of Kobe's games this season because he is playing uber fantastic. The footwork on that last dagger jumpshot against OKC was mindblowing.

Cheers!

vCash
    Jordan never averaged 10+ assists.

The most assists Jordan ever had in a single game was 17, in 1989 against Portland, which is more than Kobe's highest assist total to date, which is 15.

However Kobe did just get 14 assists back to back, which I'm pretty sure Jordan never did, and if Kobe keeps playing around like this, really, how long is it till he drops 20+ assists on some team? Or goes crazy for like 35 assists or something?

Again, Jordan is inviolate in his hermetically sealed bubble of awesomeness and eternal greatness, but I'm just saying. I will definitely be watching the rest of Kobe's games this season because he is playing uber fantastic. The footwork on that last dagger jumpshot against OKC was mindblowing.

Cheers!
    Jordan had 3 seasons with a higher assist rate than Kobe's career best, and even led the league in scoring while average 8 assists and 8 rebounds one season. Both were willing passers when needed, and both were good passers. But to think Kobe has all of a sudden morphed into a LeBron type willing passer is a bit much imo.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    5 rings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Jordan had 3 seasons with a higher assist rate than Kobe's career best, and even led the league in scoring while average 8 assists and 8 rebounds one season. Both were willing passers when needed, and both were good passers. But to think Kobe has all of a sudden morphed into a LeBron type willing passer is a bit much imo.
    Yeah... but Jordan has never averaged 10+ assists, so if Kobe does that it will be something he has on Jordan.

And as far as Lebron is concerned... we all know that Lebron is incredible on a physical level, but if we're honest about it we also know that Kobe is (at this point anyway) vastly more skilled than Lebron. So it's not at all farfetched that Kobe could be a better playmaker than Lebron; for one thing he has more of a perimeter game, which gives him an advantage in some sense. Lebron is stronger and taller, and can elevate more and power inside, which gives him a lot of advantages, but really, there's no reason to think that Kobe couldn't average more assists and be a better playmaker than Lebron if he put his mind to it.

Honestly, some of Lebron's playmaking is rather silly, such as him overpowering four defenders charging to the basket, elevating 2 feet from the rim, then coming down in traffic and handing it to Bosh right next to him or something. Lebron is a great player but he is nowhere near in the class of CP3 or Nash when it comes to playmaking. That should be fairly obvious if we're real about it.

vCash
    Lets be real, im one of the biggest colby homers on this site, but if theres one thing james has him beat, its playmaking. Theres no debate there. Brons court vision is off the charts. The size just enhances his game, in that department.

vCash
    5 ast for Kobe in the 1st quarter! On pace for 20 vs the pelicans!

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    My god.

People are saying "Kobe could be a better play-maker than LeBron if he wanted to".

FOH.

2 games clouding your judgement this much?!? LeBron's been an amazing passer his entire career. Kobe has been an amazing passer for 2 games.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Yeah... but Jordan has never averaged 10+ assists, so if Kobe does that it will be something he has on Jordan.

And as far as Lebron is concerned... we all know that Lebron is incredible on a physical level, but if we're honest about it we also know that Kobe is (at this point anyway) vastly more skilled than Lebron. So it's not at all farfetched that Kobe could be a better playmaker than Lebron; for one thing he has more of a perimeter game, which gives him an advantage in some sense. Lebron is stronger and taller, and can elevate more and power inside, which gives him a lot of advantages, but really, there's no reason to think that Kobe couldn't average more assists and be a better playmaker than Lebron if he put his mind to it.

Honestly, some of Lebron's playmaking is rather silly, such as him overpowering four defenders charging to the basket, elevating 2 feet from the rim, then coming down in traffic and handing it to Bosh right next to him or something. Lebron is a great player but he is nowhere near in the class of CP3 or Nash when it comes to playmaking. That should be fairly obvious if we're real about it.
    kobe willl never average 10 assists
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    My god.

People are saying "Kobe could be a better play-maker than LeBron if he wanted to".

FOH.

2 games clouding your judgement this much?!? LeBron's been an amazing passer his entire career. Kobe has been an amazing passer for 2 games.
    It's indisputable that Kobe is a more skilled player than Lebron. Lebron may emphasize passing and playmaking more but let's be real there's nothing he's ever done that Kobe can't also do, except for hall down monster rebounds in traffic, or lift 3 bodies into the air and dunking and stuff like that.

vCash

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast