Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you think Kobe will keep his play up...

As long as it means the lakers keep winning? Or will he care to much about scoring and change his play again!

The last two games he's averaged I believe 19-14-9 68% shooting, now I'm not saying he'll keep averaging those assist or rebounds but can he possibly play that role for the rest of the year and average something like 24-10-7 53% the rest of the way?
    If he does the lakers will be so hard to beat!

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    I don't think it will be his needs to score points to achieve personal accolades that is going to cause him to stop... It will be interesting to see when his players go through slumps and they start to lose by 10-14 points if he can stick to the game plan, or try to play hero ball.

vCash
    Well, he usually has spurts of games like this before and then reverts back to his old "scorer" self.

But there's a first time for everything, so hopefully he keeps up this kind of play. It rubs off on everyone and helps the team tremendously.

vCash
    Lol Kobe is not gonna average 10 assists.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiandudePH View Post
    Well, he usually has spurts of games like this before and then reverts back to his old "scorer" self.

But there's a first time for everything, so hopefully he keeps up this kind of play. It rubs off on everyone and helps the team tremendously.
    Yeah I'm thinking this Kobe will stay a little longer then all the others especially when all his teammates came out and have said how great he's been playing!

Nash and others have even called him Kobe Johnson in terms oh him playing like magic the last 2 games...

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking this Kobe will stay a little longer then all the others especially when all his teammates came out and have said how great he's been playing!

Nash and others have even called him Kobe Johnson in terms oh him playing like magic the last 2 games...
    True! I certainly hope that he'll keep the opponents guessing whether he'll shoot or pass. That dynamic alone changes the whole efficiency of the offense.

vCash

Do you think Kobe will keep his play up...

As long as it means the lakers keep winning? Or will he care to much about scoring and change his play again!

The last two games he's averaged I believe 19-14-9 68% shooting, now I'm not saying he'll keep averaging those assist or rebounds but can he possibly play that role for the rest of the year and average something like 24-10-7 53% the rest of the way?
    If he does the lakers will be so hard to beat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsiandudePH View Post
    True! I certainly hope that he'll keep the opponents guessing whether he'll shoot or pass. That dynamic alone changes the whole efficiency of the offense.
    This! And it makes it so much easier for him as well his efficiency goes through the roof when he gets everyone involved!

vCash
    yea but i think 8 assists a game is more reasonable.

vCash
    Yes, if kobe maintains the right mindset. with the change of Nash being a spot up shooter, the lakers have a better personnel to match the kobe playmaking offense.

Remember that kobe has done this earlier in the year. Actually at the beginning things were working quite well until teams figured out that morris wasnt much of a shooter, or scorer, or basketball player. With nash replacing him this hole is patched up and the offense flows much smoothly.

Also, the rest of the team has to buy into it too. Howard was struggling yesterday, but nash wasnt hesitant to take the shot and gasol played an active role, and the offense wasnt half bad.

vCash
    aren't you in the thread making mood today.

vCash
    You really think he's going to average those numbers for the rest of the season? LeBron or Durant could do it... Kobe on the other hand can't.

vCash
    There's no way bryant cant be that unselfish for the duration of the rest of the season.

Bryant can try all he wants to be as unselfish as players like Lebron and Magic, but history tells us it simply won't happen. Bryant has had stretches like this before....and they always end up lasting just a few games. Then he reverts back to his old ways of taking most of the shots and not getting his teammates involved as much as he did during the short stretch.

vCash
    I set the over under at number of games the rest of the year Kobe has more assists than shot attempts at 10.5

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I set the over under at number of games the rest of the year Kobe has more assists than shot attempts at 10.5
    Under, I doubt Kobe is going to have more assists than shot attempts in 25% of the remaining games this season.. seems unlikely, that's 1 in every four games... I think somewhere around 5.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast