Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    Agree with most of everything you said. That is a lot of money for Soler, but I'm ok with throwing a lot of money at a legit prospect especially where our system was at the time. You were right about 3b, however if Garza doesn't get hurt right before the deadline we probably have Olt from Texas as our 3b. Obviously we could have filled it by now, but there weren't many good alternatives out there. Our chances might be better seeing if Stewart doesn't really suck and that his wrist was the problem and/or hoping Vitters puts it together. I guess there is still the possibility of trading Soriano for Chisenhall.
    Ian Stewart will shock the world.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I think he might surprise if hes healthy. I don't think he will be an allstar, but if he plays defense the way hes capable and can hit something like .250 with a .330 obp and 15-20 hrs that would be good enough and I think those numbers are at least possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Ian Stewart will shock the world.
    Or Jackson or Vitters. I think one of them will cement themselves as a regular positional player by the end of the year. That will be an important aspect to our building going forward.

vCash
    I think he might surprise if hes healthy. I don't think he will be an allstar, but if he plays defense the way hes capable and can hit something like .250 with a .330 obp and 15-20 hrs that would be good enough and I think those numbers are at least possible.
    All reports have him as 100% and I think if he is healthy 15-20 homers are his floor if he plays most every day.

Phillies sign Joe Mather.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I have a better feeling about Jackson working out just because he can bring speed and defense at least if he doesn't hit well. Vitters has power, but that's about it at this point. I would be ok with both playing in Iowa until June/July to work on their skills. By then we should have a better idea if there is hope for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    All reports have him as 100% and I think if he is healthy 15-20 homers are his floor if he plays most every day.

Phillies sign Joe Mather.
    I think those numbers are realistic, I said I hope he can hit at least .250 that might be the tough part. I think Vitters could get close to 20 hrs if he played everyday and hit for a similar average, it just that Stewart is far ahead of him defensively.

vCash
    He's still coming off wrist surgery. Guys coming off that are never good power bets.

vCash
    Great read ABE, thx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    He's still coming off wrist surgery. Guys coming off that are never good power bets.
    You remember our convo from a month or so ago...or was that you. His issues were mostly nerve related and he is currently crushing the ball. Even though it's not live action he feels no pain at all which is like taking an ingrwon hair out of your face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dyceman View Post
    Great read ABE, thx
    Did you change your name??? No Prob!

vCash
    He's promised he felt no pain before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    He's promised he felt no pain before.
    True...but he was not here when he did than nor did he hit the ball like he has been prior. I think he might be fixed...I hope he is fixed and we got the early version of him pre-injury.

vCash
    I'm very cautiously optimistic on Stewart... in part because I want Kyle to be wrong and in part because having something that isn't a black hole at 3B would be huge for this team's hopes to surprise contend.

With his fielding, he doesn't need to do THAT much at the plate to be worthwhile at that position. Just need him to be competent.

vCash
    I have a better feeling about Jackson working out just because he can bring speed and defense at least if he doesn't hit well. Vitters has power, but that's about it at this point. I would be ok with both playing in Iowa until June/July to work on their skills. By then we should have a better idea if there is hope for them.
    Vitters also has a good hit tool. Vitters should hit for a good average with some power, if he can adjust to MLB pitching. Best case scenario, is that Jackson, Vitters and Stewart all play well and that certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. I am worried the most about Jackson, because the K rate has been an issue even in AAA. Anything that Stewart gives is a bonus at this point. If he plays like he did in 2010, then all the better.

It pisses me off that Vitters did well in AAA as one of the youngest players and he falls down to 25. It doesn't make any sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Emanski View Post
    Vitters also has a good hit tool. Vitters should hit for a good average with some power, if he can adjust to MLB pitching. Best case scenario, is that Jackson, Vitters and Stewart all play well and that certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. I am worried the most about Jackson, because the K rate has been an issue even in AAA. Anything that Stewart gives is a bonus at this point. If he plays like he did in 2010, then all the better.

It pisses me off that Vitters did well in AAA as one of the youngest players and he falls down to 25. It doesn't make any sense.
    Vitters' hit tool has also been his enemy. He's so good at putting the bat on the ball he has been able to swing freely without racking up a BJax-like K rate. If he can learn to be more selective, I think he has a chance to be a solid offensive MLB player. His defense is pretty bad, though.

Jackson's K rate was an issue well before AAA, it just got worse with each promotion until it reached epic levels in 2012. Word of his swing adjustments has me cautiously optimistic, but I think I would put the probability of him becoming an above average player below Stewart and Vitters.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast