Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    MacGritz?

vCash
    There's a lot of banned responses in this thread.
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Meh people might have known after his playing days but I doubt anyone did in the locker room during his career. That would have been a huge story
    Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. It would have been big news if it happened when he was playing and/or his teammates knew.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Only in SF hahaha.
    quoted for truth
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. It would have been big news if it happened when he was playing and/or his teammates knew.
    I figured that's what you meant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Only in SF hahaha.
    But it didn't happen in San Francisco....

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Lol sucks for him since I don't think he ever came out. Wow so that's 1 confirmed gay player who was in the nfl.
    I'm pretty sure there's been another that came out. Not during, but after his career was over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Lol sucks for him since I don't think he ever came out. Wow so that's 1 confirmed gay player who was in the nfl.
    Personally, I never quite grasped the concept of "coming out." Pointless. Be who you are.

The only reason why it has taken this long for social acceptance is because so many gays chose to hide. Women suffragists couldn't hide. African-Americans couldn't hide. Japanese interned during World War II couldn't hide. If you want equality, stand up and be acknowledged as human beings insistent upon your inalienable rights. No, it won't be easy. In America someone always has to take the first salvo of bullets. (Right, Crispus Attucks?) But eventually, inevitably, the country gets around to doing the right thing by its people, for its people.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Who hasn't depantsed another man for wearing their underwear?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    But it didn't happen in San Francisco....
    Aw c'mon, Man!

According to the article, the incident occured in Menlo Park. You and I both know that is only a 20-30 minute drive from downtown SF. Now I realize for most East Coasters a 20-30 minute drive can put you in another state. But here in Cali, that is "local" by our standards. Hell, Menlo Park is just a stone's throw from where the Niners will be building their new sports facility in Santa Clara. Seriously, don't be afraid to claim your area. I mean it's not like you're the Oakland Raiders trying to claim LA as ours, now is it? Ha ha ha!
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 01-28-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Personally, I never quite grasped the concept of "coming out." Pointless. Be who you are.

The only reason why it has taken this long for social acceptance is because so many gays chose to hide. Women suffragists couldn't hide. African-Americans couldn't hide. Japanese interned during World War II couldn't hide. If you want equality, stand up and be acknowledged as human beings insistent upon your inalienable rights. No, it won't be easy. In America someone always has to take the first salvo of bullets. (Right, Crispus Attucks?) But eventually, inevitably, the country gets around to doing the right thing by its people, for its people.
    It's not a matter of "hiding." It's a matter of it being an issue at all.

There are plenty of people who are vocal. But asking everyone to be (or alluding to) is silly. There's a certain level of privacy I'd want if I were gay (and there's a certain level of privacy I want as a straight man). I'd imagine that to some people trumps activism.

vCash
    Didn't Benson beat his BF up too

vCash
    The exploding amount of immaturity on PSD is remarkably pathetic. It's hard to believe there are so many adults with 4th grade humor out there in 2013.

vCash
    Whats kinda sad about the story is it is a huge black eye for the gay community. Hurts the chances of current or more former players coming out if this is the example set forth.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Whats kinda sad about the story is it is a huge black eye for the gay community. Hurts the chances of current or more former players coming out if this is the example set forth.
    Why would that hurt the chances? I think it would be the exact opposite. People coming out and saying hey we don't all beat up our bfs

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast