Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Guys, he's elite.
    not yet. he hans't won sunday yet
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    ummm...wait...what?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I'd give Rodgers 22-26 mil a year, he's that good

I'd give flacco 13 mil a year, look at the defenses he faced in the playoffs:

Colts: pretty bad

Denver: bailey had a horrible game and their safety play sucks

Patriots: with Talib in the game flacco struggled and when he went out the pats pass d took a huge hit

Niners: finally facing a great defense, but CBS are their weak spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    I'd give Rodgers 22-26 mil a year, he's that good

I'd give flacco 13 mil a year, look at the defenses he faced in the playoffs:

Colts: pretty bad

Denver: bailey had a horrible game and their safety play sucks

Patriots: with Talib in the game flacco struggled and when he went out the pats pass d took a huge hit

Niners: finally facing a great defense, but CBS are their weak spot.
    Flacco has played well, regardless of what defense it is. In the NFL, throwing 8TDs to 0 INTs in the playoffs is impressive. That being said, you can't just make excuses for the Broncos being man-handled. They were a good defense, but the Baltimore offense was better.

vCash
    If I were arguing for Flacco, I would point to these numbers for the upcoming year:

Michael Vick-- 15.5 million
    Mark Sanchez-- 12.5 million
    Tony Romo-- 11.5 million
    Philip Rivers-- 12 million
    Carson Palmer-- 13 million
    Matthew Stafford-- 12.5 million.

IF you believe that Joe Flacco is better than these 6 guys, and I believe Flacco's body of work during the regular season and playoffs warrant a yes, while I don't see him getting 20 million a year, I can easily see 16-18 million per year average without much difficulty over the next 5-7 years.

On a personal level, I still believe the Ravens offense still goes through Ray Rice and to tie up nearly 20% of my cap on one player is probably not the best thing to do. If I were the GM, which I am not, and I know I will get laughed at for this, I would trade a draft choice to San Francisco for Alex Smith (who has proven in the last couple years he is capable of being a solid starter), sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal at 7-9 million annually, Franchise Tag my pass rusher Paul Kruger and let Flacco walk. You would then have an Alex Smith/Paul Kruger trade off to Joe Flacco and your team I think is still very effective!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    If the Ravens are giving this type of money out for Joe Flacco and I am Ray Rice I stick my hand out as well.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    If the Ravens are giving this type of money out for Joe Flacco and I am Ray Rice I stick my hand out as well.
    He got paid last offseason.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Honestly if I worked for Baltimore, I let him walk. Sign or trade for Alex Smith. Trade your 1st and third round pick for Revis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_witter2003 View Post
    Honestly if I worked for Baltimore, I let him walk. Sign or trade for Alex Smith. Trade your 1st and third round pick for Revis.
    why the hell would the do that with webb coming back next year?

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post

Michael Vick-- 15.5 million
    Mark Sanchez-- 12.5 million
    Tony Romo-- 11.5 million
    Philip Rivers-- 12 million
    Carson Palmer-- 13 million
    Matthew Stafford-- 12.5 million.
    the fatc that sanchez makes more than romo and rivers is frightening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Guys, he's elite.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I would give him 12-13 a year max...Rodgers isnt even gonna get 20...Rodgers will get like 19 and is currently on an 11 mill per year contract.
    The Franchise Tag is gong to be worth something like $14.8. You mean to tell me Joe Flacco isn't worth the Franchise Tag? Look, the guy isn't great, but he's proven he can play at an above-average to good level and he turns the ball over less than anyone in the game not named Brady or Rodgers. He's worth $15-16 in the current market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post

The guy goes into the playoffs as a top 10-15 quarterback and has a couple good games and now is all of the sudden worth $20 million a year? Please....
    Just to be clear, it hasn't just been "a couple good games." Over the past 2 years Flacco has been flawless. 101.8 QB rating with a 12-1 TD:INT ratio. Yea... he's only thrown one interception in the last 2 years of playoffs. Brady has thrown more than that in each of his AFC Championship games.

I'm not saying the guy is great by any means. But he has been fantastic over the past two years and he's throwing the ball 31x a game, so it isn't like he's game-managing. It hasn't just been a couple of good games.

Not to mention, Flacco did everything necessary to take them to the SB last year. If Evans catches that ball, it's back-to-back SB appearances for Joe. Even though Evans dropped it, his kicker just had to make a chip shot.

vCash
    Wow, that is crazy.

vCash
    Flacco will get $15+ million per year at least. Even if he approaches $20 million per year in average salary, there are easy ways to structure it to make it not so demanding. We'll go with easy numbers, 6 years/$120 million:

$50 million guaranteed, including $18 million signing bonus.

(In millions)
    Year 1: $7 salary/$3 SB/$6 roster bonus/$16 cap hit *Fully guarantee salary and RB
    Year 2: $9 salary/$3 SB/$6 roster bonus/$18 cap hit *Fully guarantee salary and RB
    Year 3: $14 salary/$3 SB/$17 cap hit *Guarantee $4 of salary
    Year 4: $17 salary/$3 SB/$20 cap hit
    Year 5: $21 salary/$3 SB/$24 cap hit
    Year 6: $22 salary/$3 SB/$25 cap hit *Year voids if Flacco plays in 35% of Ravens offensive snaps in any season

There you go. A $20 million per season contract that exceeds Brees' contract and isn't horribly prohibitive for Baltimore.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast