Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I think he meant just Metta was surprising. Kobe was always gonna be somewhat consistent.

Can't believe crooner gave him a C+ though
    yeah, I read it wrong.

Sorry sheppy

vCash
    Kobe B
    Nash C+
    Metta B
    Clark B
    Jamison C+
    Dwight C-
    Pauzer C
    Duhon C
    Blake N/A
    Meeks C
    Ebanks D
    Hill B (would be higher if he didn't get injured)
    Morris C
    Sacre C

D'antoni D

Mostly, I based my grades off of how well they exceeded my expectations this year. I was pleasantly surprised with the production of Kobe, MWP, and Earl Clark (they have been inconsistent at times tho,however more consistent then the other lakers) as well as Jordan Hill (the injury sucked balls).. Nash and Dwight have not even come close to my expectations,however I do think they give more then a lot of other teams starters at their positions. I was one of the few that supported MDA as the coaching hire mostly because I loved the thought of Steve Nash fitting his system so well (ultimately I wanted Jerry Sloan, PJ, Van gundy, and MDA in that order) I still was ok with the hire because i thought, being "an offensive genius" that he would be able to fit his system to the strengths of his players.. He has shown that he is not capable of doing that.. I would have given him an F if he didn't come mid season and if he had an offseason and preseason to work with..
    Last edited by jaydubb; 01-28-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    yeah, I read it wrong.

Sorry sheppy
    Nah, my bad J4, I wasn't clear. Yeah, I meant that Metta has been extremely surprising. Best season he's had in a while.

vCash
    Kobe B+
    Nash B-
    Metta B+
    Clark B+
    Jamison C
    Dwight C
    Pauzer C
    Duhon C-
    Blake
    Meeks C
    Ebanks D
    Hill A
    Morris C
    Sacre < he's good at this!

D'antoni D+

vCash
    Kobe- A-
    Nash B
    Metta B
    Clark A-(never thought he would see time let alone start)
    Jamison D(had higher hopes)
    Dwight C
    Pau C-( if he played like he is now all season id say B+)
    Duhon F
    Blake A(he hasnt hurt the team at all like i thought he would)
    Meeks C
    Ebanks F
    Hill C(because of injury)
    Morris C-
    Sacre C

D'antoni D

vCash
    Kobe B
    Nash C+
    Metta A+
    Clark A+
    Jamison D
    Dwight C-
    Pauzer C+
    Duhon C
    Blake Fuuuuuuu
    Meeks C
    Ebanks Fuuuuu
    Hill B+
    Morris C+
    Sacre C

D'antoni D-
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    i cant believe people is awarding more than c+ to anybody.

check the ****ing roster and check the ****ing record.

vCash
    Kobe - B+
    Nash - C
    Metta - B
    Clark - B
    Jamison - D+
    Dwight - C-
    Pau - C-
    Duhon - C
    Blake - I
    Meeks - D+
    Ebanks - F
    Hill - W
    Morris - D
    Sacre - C-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

Lol. F as a team
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Kobe = A-
    Nash = B-
    Metta = B
    Clark = B+
    Jamison = C
    Dwight = B-
    Pauzer = C
    Duhon =C-
    Blake = I
    Meeks = C
    Ebanks = D
    Hill = C+
    Morris = C
    Sacre C
    Fans F
    D'antoni = D
    Last edited by tippa irie; 01-29-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

I cant believe some have given D'antoni a passing grade (D)...... That would put their thought process along the same lines as Jim Buss
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Clark should have an A. Exceeded expectations and his helping us out big time with the loss of Hill. He is waaaay more than anyone thought he would amount to.

vCash
    F-

The lakers are below .500

vCash
    Kobe = A-
    Nash = C+
    Metta = B+
    Clark = B
    Jamison = C
    Dwight = C-
    Pauzer = C-
    Duhon = D+
    Blake = N/A
    Meeks = C-
    Ebanks = F
    Hill = A-
    Morris = C-
    Sacre = C

D'antoni = D+ (and that's pushing it...)

vCash
    Kobe Bryant= A-. Even at the age of 34 and despite playing 17 long seasons, Kobe Bryant is having one of his best individual years from a statistical standpoint. He's shooting .47 pct from the field and his efficiency rating is higher than it has been in a few yrs. The only reason I gave him a minus is because of his defensive woes this season, especially when playing off the ball.

Dwight Howard= C. He's clearly not healthy and you can see it on the court. Having said that, his effort has not been there every single night like it should due to his frustrations with Mike D'antoni and his system and with Kobe Bryant and others. Also, his free throw shooting has been attrocious and has cost the team a few games.

Steve Nash= B. He's been hurt most of the season and so it has taken him time to develop chemistry with his teammates. He earns the B+ because the team received a tremendous boost when he first came back and they went on their longest winning streak of the year. The team has since struggled after having that 5 game winning streak though and Nash's defense is a problem. He's one of the worst pick and roll defenders in the game. Despite that, he is still shooting over 50 pct from the field and avg 8 plus assists a night.

Metta World Peace= A-. He and Kobe have been our two most consistent players all year long. Metta has been a willing soldier and does whatever is asked of him. He guards the best perimeter players most nights, knocks down the open 3, guards low post players, etc... He does whatever the team needs.

Pau Gasol= C. I don't think he's been as bad as many people have made him out to be this year. I think he has struggled with injuries and a reduced role. Despite those things he is still a solid contributor to the team and his 6th man role has been beneficial as of late.

Earl Clark= B+. Considering he was thrust into the lineup due to major frontcourt injuries, Earl has done a great job of helping the team on both ends of the court. He's another guy like Hill and Sacre in terms of players that hustle every possession and their effort is never in question. His offensive abilities have been a pleasant surprise and his athleticism has helped the starters tremendously. The team was lacking athleticism in the starting lineup and he has more than made up for it.

Antawn Jamison- C. He's been solid pretty much all year long when asked to start and or come off of the bench. The only issue I have with him is his horrific defense. Despite not knowing if he is in the rotation every game, he's done a pretty good job of staying ready and contributing offensively.

Jodie Meeks- C. Streaky player/shooter. Hard to evaluate because D'antoni doesn't give him adequate mins all the time. One minute he's a key bench guy and then he's not.

Chris Duhon- C. He's done an ok job considering he was the 3rd string point guard.

Darius Morris- C. Good defender, needs to work on controlling the pace of the game and his overall court awareness.

Jordan Hill- A-. Great bench guy. He's a ferocious offensive rebounder, can knock down the open jumper occassionaly and is a good defender. Solid, solid bench guy.

Rob Sacre- C. Solid guy. Not very talented, but gets the most out of every min. spent on the floor. Plays hard every possession. You can never question he or Jordan Hill's effort.

Devin Ebanks- N/A. He hasn't played enough to earn a grade.

Steve Blake- N/A. Been hurt all year.

Mike D'antoni= D. The only reason he isn't getting an F is because he didn't have a training camp and didn't play any part in creating the team's roster and so he is forced to use guys that he normally wouldn't want to run his system. His grade is low because he's been too stubborn to change and it took guys like Kobe and Howard to finally put him on blast to finally simplify things and slow down the pace of the game to benefit the team's personnel.

Overall, as a team I would give the Lakers a D. To say this team has underachieved this year would be an understatement. You all know the team's issues and so there is no point in listing the myriad of problems this team has from ownership on down to the coaches and players.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 02-01-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast