Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    I assumed everyone knows of the missing suit.
    Who cares about the suit, I am talking about the eyewitness's, you know the people there witnessing the incident?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Collings94 View Post
    Ray Lewis did not kill anybody. But there is no disputing that he was closely involved with the murders of two men.

If Ray didn't kill those two guys, it means that his friends did. I find it hard to believe that Ray wasn't ok with his friends killing those two guys. If he was against it, then someone with Lewis's charisma and leadership abilities would have been able to prevent his friends from doing something so reckless.

The thing that drives me crazy about Lewis is that he was close to the murders, but he still constantly walks around and thumps his bible and talks about how his belief in God has made him a great man. Your not a great man, Ray.
    Ray wouldn't be the first man to cloak himself in faith following a personal tribulation of dire consequence. That is what the prevalent world religions are all about: forgiveness, redemption, and rebirth despite our foibles and transgressions. I'm not saying that I believe it. I'm saying that clearly Ray Ray does. How do you know whether a man has changed? By his actions following the fall. As long as Ray carries himself in a "goodwill to all men" manner with the most devout of conviction, I can live with him preaching and proselytizing every now then. After all, it's not like I don't own the TV or the remote control that came with it.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Stop snitching ray.
    What Ray Lewis did is the definition of snitching.

The whole ordeal from what happened at the hotel to the trial was of a desperate man willing to do whatever it takes to save his football career, going from the stop snitching code by lying to police of what happened to going to trial and testifying against his friends.

Even did this:
    On a cloth manikin provided by prosecutors, Lewis demonstrated how he saw Oakley at one point standing behind Baker, punching down at him, landing blows to his chest as the man slumped to the ground.

Prosecutors allege that Oakley held a knife between his fingers while punching Baker, masking from observers what he was doing.

I can only imagine how this Oakley guy must feel right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Who cares about the suit, I am talking about the eyewitness's, you know the people there witnessing the incident?
    The eyewitnesses(& prosecutors) pin-pointed the 2 men charged with Ray as the ones who committed the stabbings during the brawl? Thats why they argued it was done in self defense.

Whether or not Ray Lewis was involved in the brawl would be irrelevant to the case as it would be for everyone else in his huge entourage who were brawling in the streets. Well, not for the other guy he implicated:

In a key point expected to help defense attorneys, Lewis testified that another member of his group, Carlos Stafford of Texas, joined in the fight against Baker, kicking him. Lewis said he later overheard Stafford say he picked up the unbroken bottle and smashed Baker with it.

Prosecutors have said they are considering charging another man - believed to be Stafford - based upon Lewis' testimony. Stafford's attorney has said his client committed no crimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    yeah, ray lewis is a saint
    Tell me about it.... Everyone is so blinded by this man, he is a great football one of the all time greats!!!! But he is an awful human being straight up!!! Everything he does is a show!!! And a ******** act!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Is there any other standard by which to declare innocence? Look, the court makes use of any number of terms to intimate either a judge's or a jury's rendering. Not Guilty is not one of those terms that you need not mince. It reads "innocent" of the charge. Period.
    No, it doesn't, and that's exactly why I posted that. "Not guilty" means that a court was unable to prove your guilt, it doesn't mean you were proven innocent. In this case, his friends were found not guilty of murder, but as was posted in the OP there's no doubt that they did in fact kill in self defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/

"My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget this."

Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

"I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.

Yea... only in America this Piece of GARBAGE can not only get away with murder, but he could be glorified as a hero at the same time.
    You realize this proves squat, right?

Continue to cling to beliefs, however wrong they might be.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Ray wouldn't be the first man to cloak himself in faith following a personal tribulation of dire consequence. That is what the prevalent world religions are all about: forgiveness, redemption, and rebirth despite our foibles and transgressions. I'm not saying that I believe it. I'm saying that clearly Ray Ray does. How do you know whether a man has changed? By his actions following the fall. As long as Ray carries himself in a "goodwill to all men" manner with the most devout of conviction, I can live with him preaching and proselytizing every now then. After all, it's not like I don't own the TV or the remote control that came with it.
    I agree for the most part.
    Ray was a different guy before that whole ordeal because people forget he came from a rough upbringing, he went to "Da U" which is historically known for producing guys who had issues, & he even found his best friend/college teammate beaten to death in their apartment while he was at Miami. He was living the same life the 22-24 year old players of today are living right now with a huge ego, a bunch of hangers-on from the old neighborhood or college, and mix it with alcohol, women & clubs and its always a recipe for trouble. Already had 3 kids during this time with 2 more different women pregnant at the same time. His oldest son will be in college next season.

Ray found his faith in doubt and transformed into a guy who may look like a religious character these last 13 years since that event. He's been under a huge microscope since then and hasn't made 1 even minor slip up as a celebrity/football player. So you could say there was a rebirth of who he was and who he should be at that moment. He's been a great embassador for the NFL taking up the mantle of a Jim Brown of trying to reach the kids/young adults on the road to making the same decisions he did. I would have Ray speak at the rookie symposium every year.

vCash
    Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynVikings View Post
    Tell me about it.... Everyone is so blinded by this man, he is a great football one of the all time greats!!!! But he is an awful human being straight up!!! Everything he does is a show!!! And a ******** act!
    What is Ray Lewis doing that you know of that makes him an awful human being?

As long as it doesn't involve boys & showers, I'd like to know these terrible secrets he is hiding behind the facemask of a highly religious(and sometimes fanatical) middle linebacker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...

Then its interpreted as if you are guilty in the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    No, it doesn't, and that's exactly why I posted that. "Not guilty" means that a court was unable to prove your guilt, it doesn't mean you were proven innocent. In this case, his friends were found not guilty of murder, but as was posted in the OP there's no doubt that they did in fact kill in self defense.
    I understand your point, I'm simply pointing out that in the eyes of the court, there is no distinction between not guilty and innocent. I fully realize that a court's decision doesn't necessarily embody all of the facts or the whole truth.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    qft
    Hahahaha.....thanks for the input.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    theres a huge difference between saint and murder, and thats where ray falls in the middle
    I know I throw my blood soaked clothes of murdered people in dumpsters from time to time. Nothing wrong with that.

vCash
    Were any weapons found on these guys? Self defense has to be equal I thought.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast