Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 280
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Exceptions, not the rule...

    Where's your evidence against Ray? There is none, it's just a bunch of hearsay.

    There's actually some compelling evidence out there that says OJ's son was actually the killer and it makes a lot more sense than what is generally assumed.
    I'm making the point that just because your found not guilty doesn't mean it's true...as someone stated before there a lot of court room precudures that certain evidence is not permitted...Just to quote a recent cae in the Clemens trial..Andy Pettite's testimony was not able to be used and if it was then Clemen's would have been convicted of perjury no questions asked

    And if you truely believe O.J. Simpson wasn't 100% guilty your blind

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    So let's summarize PSD's case against Ray. He's a murderer because:

    1. An alleged bloody suit was never obtained.
    2. His two "accomplices" were only found "not guilty" rather than "innocent"

    Some potent ****, guys.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/

    "My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget this."

    Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

    Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

    "I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.





    Yea... only in America this Piece of GARBAGE can not only get away with murder, but he could be glorified as a hero at the same time.

    L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    Agreed, except just because he wasn't the one who actually murdered doesn't make him innocent...actually according to the law he would have been charged with murder had he not decided to testify against his friends who actually committed the act

    The fact is that someone was killed and he was involved in it, tried to cover it up, and didn't do anything to try to stop it
    Meanwhile, Sweeting was being hit by two men, Lewis said. "He was fighting back, he was throwing punches in the chest area," he testified.

    'Let's go, let's go

    "All of this took less than a minute. It was like there was a big brawl. I was yelling the whole time, `Let's go, let's go,' and nobody was leaving so I ran back to my limo and said, `I'm out of here,'" he said.

    Lewis said the others soon joined him. As the vehicle left the curb, it was struck by several bullets. A member of the Akron group has admitted to shooting at the limousine, in an effort to get it to stop. The occupants hit the floor and stayed there until they pulled into a hotel a mile away to fix a tire flattened by the gunfire.
    Good thing the articles from the trial are archived.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'd like to know how blood on a suit would somehow prove that the two men weren't killed in self defense...
    I don't know one way or another. The point of my post was to say that none of us knows one way or another. It may have been self-defense, it may not have been.

    That being said, a bloody suit actually could go a long way to indicate whether or not it was self defense. Blood spatter patterns as well as other DNA and rips/tears/etc can indicate alot.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYNJ30 View Post
    I don't know one way or another. The point of my post was to say that none of us knows one way or another. It may have been self-defense, it may not have been.

    That being said, a bloody suit actually could go a long way to indicate whether or not it was self defense. Blood spatter patterns as well as other DNA and rips/tears/etc can indicate alot.
    this.

    L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Good thing the articles from the trial are archived.
    A quote from Ray Lewis on how Ray Lewis is innocent.....

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/

    "My nephew was brutally beaten and murdered and nobody is paying for it," Baker's uncle, Greg Wilson, told USA TODAY Sports. "Everything is so fresh in our mind, it's just like it happened yesterday. We'll never forget this."

    Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

    Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

    "I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.





    Yea... only in America this Piece of GARBAGE can not only get away with murder, AND be glorified as a hero at the same time.
    Lewis said he got his group into the limousine and was standing outside with Sweeting when the other group - men with roots in Akron, Ohio - passed by on the sidewalk. Then they turned and began heading back to the limousine, he said.


    'Everybody was just fighting'

    Then, for reasons Lewis said he doesn't know, Oakley hopped out and headed toward the Akron group. One man, later identified as Baker, hit Oakley on the side of the head with a full bottle of Moet champagne, opening a cut behind Oakley's ear but not breaking the bottle.
    So where at any point did Lewis hop out with 2 different pairs of knives and begin stabbing 2 men to death in front of dozens of witnesses? Cold blooded murderer? Exaggerate much? The 2 men with Lewis admitted they used their knives to protect themselves and a jury agreed with them. There was no celebrity factor in this case because Lewis had already pleaded to obstruction and was on the prosecutor's side against these 2 nobody's and a jury found their actions to have been in self defense. So where does Ray Lewis murder someone?

    Lewis had a huge entourage just like other young athletes who stumble into millions.

    This whole situation is why he matured quickly and got rid of all of his old friends because of what almost happened to him and even his career.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    100
    vCash
    1500
    Ray Lewis did not kill anybody. But there is no disputing that he was closely involved with the murders of two men.

    If Ray didn't kill those two guys, it means that his friends did. I find it hard to believe that Ray wasn't ok with his friends killing those two guys. If he was against it, then someone with Lewis's charisma and leadership abilities would have been able to prevent his friends from doing something so reckless.

    The thing that drives me crazy about Lewis is that he was close to the murders, but he still constantly walks around and thumps his bible and talks about how his belief in God has made him a great man. Your not a great man, Ray.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    927
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    So where at any point did Lewis hop out with 2 different pairs of knives and begin stabbing 2 men to death in front of dozens of witnesses? Cold blooded murderer? Exaggerate much? The 2 men with Lewis admitted they used their knives to protect themselves and a jury agreed with them. There was no celebrity factor in this case because Lewis had already pleaded to obstruction and was on the prosecutor's side against these 2 nobody's and a jury found their actions to have been in self defense. So where does Ray Lewis murder someone?

    Lewis had a huge entourage just like other young athletes who stumble into millions.

    This whole situation is why he matured quickly and got rid of all of his old friends because of what almost happened to him and even his career.
    This all coming from RAY LEWIS! LOL

    "your honor, he said he didn't do it. So he didn't"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    A quote from Ray Lewis on how Ray Lewis is innocent.....
    Another Atlanta defense attorney, Mark Spix, said Lewis' testimony helped the prosecution, not because it was so damaging to Oakley and Sweeting, but because the state's case was in so much trouble.

    "You're talking about a dike with thousands of holes and Ray Lewis plugged up 800 of them," Spix said. But Lewis also helped the defense by giving Sweeting and Oakley a plausible reason for being in a fight, and describing Sweeting being attacked by two men, he said.

    No attack on credibility

    While some legal analysts predicted that defense attorneys would attack Lewis' credibility, they didn't. Harvey even opened on a folksy note, asking the player permission to call him Ray because he was used to having him seated next to him.

    Spix said the lawyers were smart not to attack Lewis, largely because his statement wasn't all that damaging to their clients.

    "If I were a prosecutor I'd think he'd helped the defense a little too much," he said.

    Howard said Lewis' testimony makes a self-defense theory implausible: "If what they were doing was self-defense, why would Lewis say he got disgusted by their actions and tell them to remain quiet about it?"

    Attorneys for Oakley and Sweeting said Lewis didn't hurt their clients and helped portray the victims as aggressors.

    "There is nothing that Ray Lewis testified to that is inconsistent with the innocence of Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting," said Bruce Harvey, Oakley's lawyer.

    Anything else?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Regardless, I love Ray the football player.

    I can't stand Ray the person/character.
    Nailed it.
    We're better than you
    And we know it


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Anything else?
    You should have copied and pasted this part I mean it was all in the same article. I will take the several eyewitness's over Ray Lewis.

    Later, in his hotel room, Lewis asked Oakley what had happened. Oakley said he "was just beating him," Lewis testified. "I said this is all on me. My career is over because you guys tripping."

    Lewis admitted lying to police when they came to interview him later that day. He said he doesn't know what became of the cream-colored suit he had on that night. He left his clothes with a friend because he had to go to Hawaii to play in the Pro Bowl. Prosecutors contend the clothes and other evidence was dumped in a fast-food restaurant's trash container.

    Though several witnesses had testified that Lewis was involved in the fight, the player said yesterday: "It's something I don't do. I don't fight, period."


    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...akley-cognac/2
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    This all coming from RAY LEWIS! LOL

    "your honor, he said he didn't do it. So he didn't"
    Wrong.

    There are a mix of quotes from Ray in these archived 2000 articles from the Baltimore Sun and a description of what happened that evening during the trial. The article writer was right that many people have such foggy memories or dont have any memory of it at all and put Ray stabbing 2 people on the doorstep of a home in Hollywood.

    The 2 men who were initially charged with Ray went to court arguing their innocence with self defense.

    Big difference between saying "I stabbed someone but it was in self defense" and "I didn't stab anyone and wasn't involved in the ordeal"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Port of Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,399
    vCash
    1500
    Stop snitching ray.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    You should have copied and pasted this part I mean it was all in the same article

    Later, in his hotel room, Lewis asked Oakley what had happened. Oakley said he "was just beating him," Lewis testified. "I said this is all on me. My career is over because you guys tripping."

    Lewis admitted lying to police when they came to interview him later that day. He said he doesn't know what became of the cream-colored suit he had on that night. He left his clothes with a friend because he had to go to Hawaii to play in the Pro Bowl. Prosecutors contend the clothes and other evidence was dumped in a fast-food restaurant's trash container.

    Though several witnesses had testified that Lewis was involved in the fight, the player said yesterday: "It's something I don't do. I don't fight, period."


    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...akley-cognac/2
    I assumed everyone knows of the missing suit.

    He most likely had blood on his suit, but with his 2 former friends arguing they acted in self-defense I am not sure whether or not Ray bear hugged both men on the ground or he got the blood of the victims on his suit while hustling his friends into the limo to get away.

    Its up to our imaginations.
    Last edited by Fresno; 01-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •