1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Poll added

and minus Nazr for Asik, I take this version easily.
    Agree.

vCash
    Really, the only significant downgrade was Asik to Nazr. Everyone else has been better than who they replaced and there's more depth on the wings now with the way Jimmy's played and when everyone's healthy, the backcourt will have more depth as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Really, the only significant downgrade was Asik to Nazr. Everyone else has been better than who they replaced and there's more depth on the wings now with the way Jimmy's played and when everyone's healthy, the backcourt will have more depth as well.
    While I don't disagree with you per say, I think "better" is extremely relative considering the first mob "supported" Derrick and the current mob IS the team. I think the mentality of the units changes tremendously and the objectives also change without Rose's production with the first unit carrying the team. It's certainly very obvious in the player's demeanor and interviews after games.

The only fair comparison to make at this point is during the stretches when Rose was missing out and the team was on a slightly more level playing field (minus CRAZY efficient Boozer, MIP Noah, etc.).

vCash
    The 1st Bench Mob, the only weakness was the scoring.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    ^which is a ****ing huge weakness

vCash
    I said 2.0 from the start and they haven't proven me wrong yet. I would love an improvement backing up Joakim at center, hopefully they can add someone via trade/waiver wire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    ^which is a ****ing huge weakness
    Nah, I think the role for them was to play solid defense and keep the score difference or lead while the starters got rest. If that was true, then I remember them doing their job well. I bet Thibs would choose 1.0 over 2.0, for the time being anyway. You can't really judge yet imo until Rose gets back and Kirk leads the bench...

vCash
    Doesn't change the fact that their lack of offense was a huge weakness. With Asik gone, we lose alot of defense in our second unit, but nobody else replaced is any worse defensively. On the other hand, they are much better offensively. Which I think is more important for the Bulls anyway since defense will always be there under Thibs.

vCash
    True, I don't really recall the bench losing games for us defensively although I don't always pay much attention to it.. I'm sure if they have then those games could be counted on 1 hand.

The bench really isn't as complete as it was the past two years though, Noah & Deng spend a lot of time playing with those guys while Kirk hasn't yet, so I don't think this question can be answered yet. I suspect Kirk will be fine, Deng can be spelled although I doubt it for the time being, and I don't see Thibs trusting Vlad\Nazr anytime soon... So right now, it is Bench Mob 1.0 vs. incomplete B.M 2.0..

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    sickkkkkkk
    The charting is useful, but the analysis is lacking. They really should sample games, calculate and apply a test statistic to the players, treat them as nodes in a network, run studies based on throttling nodes, and then take a look at the results. While such work could be beneficial in ripping apart a defensive scheme like Thib's or attacking an offensive system, I think too much of success is predicated on individual talent in the NBA for it to be truly beneficial.

vCash
    moreso sick in the sense that it makes complete and utter sense, and the percentages support what is widely accepted: threes are more efficient than damn near anything. But the sample size isn't included, although I'm assuming since it's 82games.com that it's for this season thus far only. Still though, I feel it's indicative of what transpires on the court year in and year out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Poll added

and minus Nazr for Asik, I take this version easily.
    I agree, but you can't just leave that out. Asik>>>>>>>>>>>>Nazr

vCash
    Every other spot has been an upgrade though. Asik to Nazr isn't a big enough downgrade to sway the rest of the changes for me.

Just give me a Trogdor signing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast