26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bench Mob

10 38.46%
  • Bench Mob 2.0

16 61.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    And the season isn't even half way over. I think when its all over we will obviously have a better idea of real comparisons
    This for the most part. I think at this point of the season it's a tossup between 2.0 and 1.0 though. We've lost a couple games this year that I think our bench would've won last year (e.g. Charlotte, Milwaukee). Once Rose is back and Kirk resides on the bench, + hopefully an anticipated and expected trade for a backup center of some sorts, and this year's bench will easily be better.

I voted for this season's because I think they're better. I won't fault anyone for saying last year's team was better due to Asik, I just don't agree with it.

vCash
    I pick Bench Mob because of Asik.

This is basically between Asik and Kirk, as the Bulls can't get both on the team this season. Asik's salary would cost Kirk's MLE pay, because of the hard cap. Basically the Bulls chose Kirk, because of the D.Rose injury and payroll issues.

Overall I think Bench Mob is better than Bench Mob 2.0. Watson/Robinson offense and Asik's interior defense is better than Kirk's defense and Nazr's fouls. KK is also a more efficient scorer compared to Belinelli. Bulls would win more games with the old bench mob than the new. The trade off is they will have no flexibility in 2014 with the old bench mob.

vCash
    Tough for me because Asik was huge for us. He not only gave us an elite interior defender but also allowed Noah to rest and be fresh at the end of games. Noah's scoring efficiency has really suffered this year, most likely due to playing so many minutes.

But other than, that...Nate and KH are undoubtedly better than CJ Watson. Butler has been miles better than Brewer. And although I really miss Korver's shooting and spacing, Belinelli gives us a guy who can dribble the ball too, which is huge for our 2nd unit. So I went with this year's bench. The bigs will just have to pick up some extra minutes without Asik.

vCash
    With that said, I think KK is not comparable to Belinelli.

I really like Belinelli to stop shooting threes, because his not the "Hot Sauce." That said, he should try to fake and put the ball on the floor. He do have that ability. He should use his versatility to get points more efficiently. He does go to the hole and is in the free throw line for the most time in his career. The most he gets was two FTA playing almost 30 minutes per game. Half way to this season, his averaging 2.6 FTA playing close to 25 minutes per game.

Stop making threes MARCO! Take the more efficient shot.

vCash
    Marco is a near 40% 3-point shooter on his career. Removing that shot from his game would be absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    With that said, I think KK is not comparable to Belinelli.

I really like Belinelli to stop shooting threes, because his not the "Hot Sauce." That said, he should try to fake and put the ball on the floor. He do have that ability. He should use his versatility to get points more efficiently. He does go to the hole and is in the free throw line for the most time in his career. The most he gets was two FTA playing almost 30 minutes per game. Half way to this season, his averaging 2.6 FTA playing close to 25 minutes per game.

Stop making threes MARCO! Take the more efficient shot.
    He's the mild sauce compared to Korver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Marco is a near 40% 3-point shooter on his career. Removing that shot from his game would be absurd.
    38.1% actually.

Rip is shooting 38.9% and KK with 46.8% this season. Kirk is actually the one who is shooting 40%
    I think Marco should try to attack the basket more, where he can make plays. He can always fake the outside to get his defender off balance. But more effective attacking the basket, where he can get to the foul line and shoot free throws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    38.1% actually.

Rip is shooting 38.9% and KK with 46.8% this season. Kirk is actually the one who is shooting 40%
    I think Marco should try to attack the basket more, where he can make plays. He can always fake the outside to get his defender off balance. But more effective attacking the basket, where he can get to the foul line and shoot free throws.
    1. No, 39.1%

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    3. Marco's ability to attack the basket and create those opportunities becomes greatly reduced if he stops making the defense respect his 3-point shot. That's a main reason he's able to get the defenders in the air and beat people off the dribble, since they have to adhere to his ability to knock down the 3. If he quits taking 3's, the defense sags and there's no driving lane.

The team needs more floor spacing ability, not less, especially when Rose returns and needs the extra space to work with. Marco will add a nice dribbling/attacking dimension though when he gets his opportunities and picks his spots. I love that dimension about him, and the fact that he can help in more than one way. So I'm not sure why we'd want him to remove a key factor from his game.

vCash
    A 3 point shot is almost ALWAYS more efficient than a two point shot. Fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    What about dunks and layups?

vCash
    A 3 point shot is not more efficient than a dunk simply because 90% of dunk attempts are going to be uncontested and even for those contested attempts, the success rate for dunks is still around 90%. Layups is a different story. If a player shoots 40% from three, then you have to make 60% of the rest of your field goals to be just as efficient.

Marco's shooting 39.3% from three this year which means he has to make 59% of his layups/dunks to be just as efficient. On the year, Marco's only shooting 53.1% at the rim. Meaning he's more efficient beyond the arc. As is with most guards that are shooters.

vCash
    Player to player, 2.0>1.0. Losing Asik though was a huge loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    dat corner 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vnodnarb View Post
    What about dunks and layups?
    http://i.imgur.com/PJuT57d.png

http://www.82games.com/locations.htm

vCash
    I picked 2.0...i do miss asik for the obvious reasons of having a top notch defensive center coming off the bench, but he did have stone hands when we got the ball passed to him. I just cant get past the energy that nate brings off the bench. Also i like belli over korver and obviously butler over brewer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast