Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    The fact that anyone cites infowars as a source seriously terrifies me. The fact that the number of people that listen to Alex Jones actually listen to him is just scary ****.

2. 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM
    Reason
    quoting a bait and do not insult other posters. Calling people names isn't acceptable.

3. 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM
    Reason
    quoting a bait and do not insult other posters. Calling people names isn't acceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I think the biogger question is, would our government want to? If North Korea was rich in natural resources then you can bet we would have invaded already(or supported an international strategy similar to Libya). However, like genocide in Rwanda, our leaders do not care unless there is something to be gained.

I agree. In regards to Iran, they have signed the NNPT and are following all international law on their uranium enrichment. To date there is no evidence that they are even trying to develop a nuclear weapon. So yes the United States had no business interfering in that country.

Ironically, they also suffer sanctions that are hurting the innocent population.
    Does anybody really follow the nnpt?

It seems like a paper tiger to me.

5. 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
    Reason

6. 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
    Reason

7. 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Bear in mind that this figure was calculated by internation human rights groups as being directly due to the sanctions. She responded directly to the question that sanctions on Iraq resulted in the deaths on 500,000 children. She did not argue the figure in any way, but rather stated that it was all worth it.

and to answer your question...yes, I believe that the sanctions were responsible for those deaths.
    She also basically retracted the statement later on and said the deaths were result of Saddam.

Either way sanctions are the modern day siege.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Does anybody really follow the nnpt?

It seems like a paper tiger to me.
    Most countries do, but yes I would agree that it only goes so far. However, what we have is another country that refuses to sign the NNPT, let UN and IAEA inspectors in, plus has a long history of human rights abuses and aggression on its neighbors. Iran on the other hand has called for a nuclear weapons-free zone in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    She also basically retracted the statement later on and said the deaths were result of Saddam.

Either way sanctions are the modern day siege.
    I agree, and was not aware she ever retracted or explained her statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Well I personally don't think they would be living large, but none the less I think all countries that have sanctions imposed by the US usually are crippled by them. The fact no one has thrived under sanctions by the US and UN is pretty telling at how deadly those sanctions are. And they usually hurt those who have the least involvement in why the sanctions are here in the first place.
    I don't see how sanctions prevent people from growing and producing their own food.

Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Wouldn't that title be far more suitable for the General?

I would take any story like this from an organ known to many Brits as the Daily Nazi with a large sack of salt. Though certainly, from what little we know of N. Korea, the possibility exists.
    Reports of cannibalism in North Korea is hardly unheard of. That may be the least of the horrors that goes on over there. The stories you hear about what goes on in the prison camps are the things nightmares are made of.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234