Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    The Grauniad rarely, to my knowledge, publishes stories about cannibalism. Nor does the NYT or the Washington Post, for example. The subject of cannibalism is the metier of the National Enquirer.

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else, can know if this story is true. I bet the Mail didn't have 'their man' on the ground in NK either. Until such time as this is confirmed by a broader section of the responsible and respected international media, I choose to look at it with that large bag of salt, yes.
    I believe one of the other British papers reported on cannibalism during times of famine when Mao was in charge.

In the documentary I saw awhile back they said that the starvation there was so bad during their last drought that human meat was sold as other types of meat.

Nothing leads me to question the credibility of this report.

I'm actually going to try and find the documentary, I remember they had it on google video. They had a North Korean who would cross into North Korea to shoot video. So to me their is nothing to suggest they don't have a man there.

Again what you said was essentially you should take it with a large bag of because many British liberals call the paper the Daily Nazi.

vCash
    I think this is the documentary I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0i8eiyJmLI

vCash
    wow, that is so sad to hear. What extreme conditions a person must be in to do something like that. I wish we could at least play our role properly and not put sanctions on countries like this. Not saying that would solve the problem, but at the very least we shouldn't have a hand in things like this
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    wow, that is so sad to hear. What extreme conditions a person must be in to do something like that. I wish we could at least play our role properly and not put sanctions on countries like this. Not saying that would solve the problem, but at the very least we shouldn't have a hand in things like this
    Sanctions or no sanctions it wouldn't matter. They put all there money into their military and corruption normally takes care of the rest.

vCash

What would lifting sanctions here do exactly? Their government clearly doesn't give a **** which is why in the midst of this famine they are furthering their nuclear arms agenda. They have the FOURTH largest active military force. Us lifting sanctions might slightly help them in the short run, but definitely not in the long run. At some point the people have to get fed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Sanctions or no sanctions it wouldn't matter. They put all there money into their military and corruption normally takes care of the rest.
    Exactly. Nothing will help. And the real problem is that practically everyone alive in that country had been born during the Kim family regime.. They know nothing else. They all believe what they are told and few can even see the outside world. They believe they are the most modern country on the planet and everyone is their enemy.

The problem as it exists now is probably unsolvable. All we can really do is keep them at bay. When they finally attack the south, and they will, it will be a bloodbath,

Most have probably seen this before but it is one of the most telling images of the difference between the two Koreas. Scroll down to the map.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita.../dprk-dark.htm

vCash
    This is one of the few countries I might be okay with us interfering with. However, that's only if China promises not to get pissed if we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    This is one of the few countries I might be okay with us interfering with. However, that's only if China promises not to get pissed if we do.
    What are the others????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    What would lifting sanctions here do exactly? Their government clearly doesn't give a **** which is why in the midst of this famine they are furthering their nuclear arms agenda. They have the FOURTH largest active military force. Us lifting sanctions might slightly help them in the short run, but definitely not in the long run. At some point the people have to get fed up.
    bolded
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    theyve already proven to us that they will just use any type of fiscal assistance for their military. I read that we gave them food, they sold the food and used the $ to fund their military. Thats the North Korean govt in a nutshell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    What are the others????
    Canada

vCash
    bolded
    Do we have sanctions on food? I seriously doubt it but the country is poor outside of our sanctions. They isolated themselves by being a crappy neighbor and the way they get our help through food is by coming to the bargaining table and putting up the nuclear sites to the UN watch dog.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 01-29-2013 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    Therefore, the United States is in effect feeding parents their children for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    ...And they usually hurt those who have the least involvement in why the sanctions are here in the first place.

You made my point
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Sanctions overwhelming hurt the opporessed population, rather than the government doing the oppression in the first place.

For example sanctions on Iraq in the 90s killed over 500,000 children.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Sanctions overwhelming hurt the opporessed population, rather than the government doing the oppression in the first place.

For example sanctions on Iraq in the 90s killed over 500,000 children.
    Just curious what is the better option in handling places like Iran?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast