• have kids, want douchebag/criminal team that wins

3 8.82%
  • dont have kids, want douchbag criminal team that wins

16 47.06%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Moral question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It sounds like you're having a conflict of conscience.

Clearly, when people look to NFL players they want someone that has ethical packaging, but morally ambiguous content. A true saint doesn't have the fire to want to harm someone else for pure sport. Not only would a true saint not want to do it, but a true saint wouldn't want to watch such activity, either.
    I agree; however, there are no real true saints. Nothing wrong with liking FootBall because players come together with contact/hard hits and Etc. (sorry best wording I can think of, now). When it is legal hits that is; but a lot wrong with liking or seeing no wrong in practices & hard hits that do server damage and are not good technique and un-necessary, Performance Enhancing Drugs & Etc.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 01-31-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: moved real
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Idc if there filled with physcos who have a 3skmd with their grandparents gimmi a.dam title

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    One of my biggest football idols when I was growing up was Randy Moss. Little kid me got an autograph from him with my dad, and it was one the best moments of my young life. Does that mean I grew up running around "straight cash homie"? No, I'm calm/well mannered...I look up to my parents for moral/personality, not some superstar football player. And I'm a hardcore fan, been for many years, I doubt some random kid who doesn't pay attention as much will be more effected. If you do want to act like them then it comes down to poor parenting, or maybe I just grew up in a different environment then the rest of you.

Give me the team that wins and is douchbags, anytime anywhere. Why would I want to watch a losing team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    One of my biggest football idols when I was growing up was Randy Moss. Little kid me got an autograph from him with my dad, and it was one the best moments of my young life. Does that mean I grew up running around "straight cash homie"? No, I'm calm/well mannered...I look up to my parents for moral/personality, not some superstar football player. And I'm a hardcore fan, been for many years, I doubt some random kid who doesn't pay attention as much will be more effected. If you do want to act like them then it comes down to poor parenting, or maybe I just grew up in a different environment then the rest of you.

Give me the team that wins and is douchbags, anytime anywhere. Why would I want to watch a losing team?
    My issue with Moss is that he had so much talent and didn't fully utilize it. Then we watch guys like Welker who get every single ounce of ability out of their bodies but they are scrubs because they weren't 6 foot 4 and ran 4.3 40s. Etc.

Just bugs the **** out of me as someone who had to bust his ****ing *** to be a college athlete and I was still terrible. I'd die for that ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    I feel like Alec Baldwin sums up my feelings about this issue nicely in Glengarry Glenn Ross:

Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father? **** you! Go home and play with your kids. If you want to work here, close.

vCash
    I'd want professionals.

You can be a douchebag of a person, but if you act as a professional when employed (and in public), I don't much care.

I think that's why I've always been averse to Ray Lewis and TO but don't mind Brandon Marshall (and yes, this opinion was held before he was a Bear).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    My issue with Moss is that he had so much talent and didn't fully utilize it. Then we watch guys like Welker who get every single ounce of ability out of their bodies but they are scrubs because they weren't 6 foot 4 and ran 4.3 40s. Etc.

Just bugs the **** out of me as someone who had to bust his ****ing *** to be a college athlete and I was still terrible. I'd die for that ability.
    Oh ya, my biggest pet peeve with him. If I had his skillset I would probably wouldn't be on this forum right now, I'd be practicing for my next college basketball game ha. People would do nasty sh$# to have Moss's skillset..

But as the thread is trying to say..I still Moss over a Welker on my team. And just because I idolize him as an athlete or w/e doesn't mean my personality in any way reflect from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I feel like Alec Baldwin sums up my feelings about this issue nicely in Glengarry Glenn Ross:
    I want to watch that movie right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash

vCash
    It sounds like you're having a conflict of conscience.

Clearly, when people look to NFL players they want someone that has ethical packaging, but morally ambiguous content. A true saint doesn't have the fire to want to harm someone else for pure sport. Not only would a true saint not want to do it, but a true saint wouldn't want to watch such activity, either.
    Correction, after a decent night's sleep, I change my agreement (from last night's post) with
    but morally ambiguous content.
    to disagreement. There is a set of foundational morality that shared by all sane and Etc. people. To believe not allows people with more resources, not sane and Etc. to treat the truly moral people as horrible as possible- which eventually comes back to make the allowed people sick in many ways (thanks to the book 'The Spirit Level' written from research in resources levels of inequality & equality scientist <from England> did in as many countries that would let them to do their research).

Give me some examples of true saints? The closest to true saints people (I can think of) have at least one major flaw (example of morality is not flexible, depending upon context, beliefs and Etc.); when I bring it to them they get really mad and claim I do not understand.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 01-31-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: morality to moral people
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    JetsForever,

I love your signature, gets to my point about their cheating and to one example of my point of what type of teams, programs & franchises I roote for.

vCash
    This isn't an easy question to answer for me. I remember when I was younger my dad and I would talk about sports and he would always bring up Tiger Woods and his work ethic. When I got a bit older we were both really bothered by the news of his infidelity because it made me realize how I viewed him was completely wrong. I think it's dangerous to make any athlete a role model unless you know them and their character personally. I'd say the best advice I could give to parents is to look for role models that you know personally, or be a good role model yourself. Athletes just aren't good role models anymore.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Having kids has nothing to do with your pro sports team.

You root for team on the field, what they do off the field is their issue. My son knows this, only a parent who doesn't want to take responsibilities for there own child doesn't.

Nothing my son does had anything to do with an athlete, or a video game.
    I'm his parent I teach him right and wrong.

I root for who I like on the field not off.

vCash
    No matter how some like to deify the sports figures/players, in the end, they are just men and woman similar to us. The sports figures in most cases are subject to all the pulls and pushes a life with new found wealth gives them. Some will handle that new found wealth well, others will not. Some are good people, others are not. Some are criminals and some are not, That will never change.

But, in the end, no matter how anyone wants to parse it, watching sports and rooting for a team is little more than watching gladiators in the ring. You root for the gladiator, or you root for the lion, the choice is yours.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    BINGO! I could not agree more; I really do not have any role models and I take and piece together good things what people are and do, critically examine and philosophy about them and piece them together and form what I am.

Money, attention, fame or whatever else should never make someone a role model.

I never want any of The Teams, Programs & Franchises, I roote for, to have any bad behavior, not focused on education First (for below Professionals), Performance Enhancing of any kind, Drugs & cheaters people involved (from water boys to owners/presidents/principles)! I am serious, I would rather see The Teams, Programs & Franchises, I roote for, lose every game, than the opposite of the first-sentence and winning Championships, every season.
    While I posted this earlier it and believe it, I also believe in Rehabilitation, over everything else, with matrixes of limits to other chances to meet The Foundational Morality of People and Etc. (listed above). So, I am NOT completely against my Teams, Programs & Franchises, I root for, hiring participants (Owners/Presidents/Principals through Water Boys) that have NOT already reached 3 or whatever apply to the matrixes-chances to meet The Foundational Morality of People and Etc. (listed above) and failed. So, I am NOT completely against my Teams, Programs & Franchises I root for keeping participants (Owners/Presidents/Principals through Water Boys) that have NOT already reached 3 or whatever apply to the matrixes-chances to meet The Foundational Morality of People and Etc. (listed above) and failed.

While Dan ‘Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall’ Marino has a kid* and had sex outside of his marriage** does not rate as the worse that is done by sports figures, he still is human and at fault. Not all humans have the lack of morality, lack of raising and lack of environments*** that I believe players and maybe, Dan ‘Greatest QB To Ever Touch A FootBall’ Marino had and has.

*- At least, I think he has, it has NOT been genetically proven- NO EXCUSE MAKING
    **- Without it being a marriage that allows for it at least I believe that
    ***- Both as growing up and stardom

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast