Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: pick on

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have kids, want moral ethical team that loses

    3 8.82%
  • dont have kids, want moral ethical team that loses

    12 35.29%
  • have kids, want douchebag/criminal team that wins

    3 8.82%
  • dont have kids, want douchbag criminal team that wins

    16 47.06%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: Moral question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,632
    vCash
    1500

    Moral question

    Would you rather your team be filled with jerks, drug addicts, rapist, murderers, always getting dui's, arrested, not really interact with fans, and be superbowl champions,

    or your team be filled with hard workers, classy guys, never get in trouble, interact with fans, moral, ethical people, and always have a losing record.

    I think people that have kids will vote alot diffrently..

    just curious.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,399
    vCash
    1500
    You tell us. Would you trade the 90's Cowboys or not?
    Done - thank goodness

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    winnign is all that matters to me as a fan. NFL players are football players not role models. if you make them out to be role models, thats on you not them
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Would you rather your team be filled with jerks, drug addicts, rapist, murderers, always getting dui's, arrested, not really interact with fans, and be superbowl champions,

    or your team be filled with hard workers, classy guys, never get in trouble, interact with fans, moral, ethical people, and always have a losing record.

    I think people that have kids will vote alot diffrently..

    just curious.
    I cheered for Burt Reynolds and the convicts in The Longest Yard. These movies really f... with a person's perspective, don't they?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    6,714
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly, I'd have a hard time rooting for people I don't like. The team loyalty would be there still though.

    Doesn't matter anyway. If there are rapists/murderers/drug addicts, they'll be suspended by Goodell most of the time anyway and there would be no Superbowl wins.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    No one cares. The best Giants player of all time was a drug addict, hired prostitutes on the regular, and raped a 17 year old for goodness sakes and I doubt Giants fans are mad or upset that he played for their team. In the end fans care about seeing their team be successful on the field.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    You tell us. Would you trade the 90's Cowboys or not?




    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    You tell us. Would you trade the 90's Cowboys or not?
    i think the media, the internet, changed the way things work now. im not sure that they could have that type of success now, and behave the way they did. camara phones, blogging, etc. not sure they could survive that scrutiny. back then, im not sure alot of people new what kind of team it was. they didnt see the behaviour that happened off the field. and they really didnt have the legal issues during there success, when the legal problems started, there success declined.

    if a team did what they did then, now, it be on espn, foxnews, etc, 24/7.. it wouldnt go has unnoticed has it did then.

    also
    having kids is a game changer, imo.
    Last edited by rawz; 01-28-2013 at 04:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    winnign is all that matters to me as a fan. NFL players are football players not role models. if you make them out to be role models, thats on you not them
    to make that much money, to have that much fame, ethical and moral responsibility should be apart of the deal.

    people say, they are just football players. well the nfl isnt just football. its a business, for entertainment, and because of the status, and fame it has, certain responsibilities should be required, not just hoped for.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Would you rather your team be filled with jerks, drug addicts, rapist, murderers, always getting dui's, arrested, not really interact with fans, and be superbowl champions,

    or your team be filled with hard workers, classy guys, never get in trouble, interact with fans, moral, ethical people, and always have a losing record.

    I think people that have kids will vote alot diffrently..

    just curious.

    It sounds like you're having a conflict of conscience.

    Clearly, when people look to NFL players they want someone that has ethical packaging, but morally ambiguous content. A true saint doesn't have the fire to want to harm someone else for pure sport. Not only would a true saint not want to do it, but a true saint wouldn't want to watch such activity, either.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It sounds like you're having a conflict of conscience.

    Clearly, when people look to NFL players they want someone that has ethical packaging, but morally ambiguous content. A true saint doesn't have the fire to want to harm someone else for pure sport. Not only would a true saint not want to do it, but a true saint wouldn't want to watch such activity, either.
    um, no? im just curious.

    i dont mean a bunch of choir boys..

    i mean, criminals, that get charged crimes, or a team that does not,

    a team that flips off fans, that doesnt sign autographs, or a team that signs autographs, trys to do there best.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,081
    vCash
    500
    It's all about the blingz, ringz, and thingz.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    i think the media, the internet, changed the way things work now. im not sure that they could have that type of success now, and behave the way they did. camara phones, blogging, etc. not sure they could survive that scrutiny. back then, im not sure alot of people new what kind of team it was. they didnt see the behaviour that happened off the field. and they really didnt have the legal issues during there success, when the legal problems started, there success declined.

    if a team did what they did then, now, it be on espn, foxnews, etc, 24/7.. it wouldnt go has unnoticed has it did then.

    also
    having kids is a game changer, imo.

    You make it sound like the Dark Ages, just because it happened the pre-Twitter and Facebook era. Don't believe it. The Cowboys' escapades were well-documented, covered by all media outlets, and a publicly acknowledged fact back then. Don't get me wrong: the players tried their best to keep their clandestine operations from the light of day, but they failed miserably at it.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    winnign is all that matters to me as a fan. NFL players are football players not role models. if you make them out to be role models, thats on you not them
    This. I like athletes because they are athletes not because they are role models.

    I love Tiger Woods. He's probably one of my favorite athletes. He respects the game and respects his own privacy (the media doesn't). Although he might be the biggest ******* ever, I don't care.

    Same with Vick, I could care less what these guys do on their own time. If everyone's personal life was subject to the harassment these players get, we'd all look like *******s. I think the media blows things out of proportion.

    In the end, I want my guys to win. All the other crap, I don't listen to

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    Hypocrisy at its finest



    Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •