Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2010 vs. 2013

vCash

2010 vs. 2013

Which team do you think is more complete and better skilled, and why?

While were off to a better start this year, look like were moving the puck even better, I still take the 2010 team before this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Which team do you think is more complete and better skilled, and why?

While were off to a better start this year, look like were moving the puck even better, I still take the 2010 team before this one.
    2010 takes it. Just a much deeper team. That third line of Ladd/Bolland/Versteeg just will not be repeated. In the cap era, it might have been the best third line of all time (and could hold up for quite a while). Toss in just a very solid fourth line of Eager/Fraser (or madden)/Burish. Also, Campbell on defense was a big help.

Gotta give it to the 2010 team. Love the start but damn was that 2010 team just absolutely loaded due to young guys peeking before their big pay days. Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, Niemi and others all got well deserved raises (for the most part) shortly after that 2010 season. Was just some great timing.

vCash
    The last time in Chicago sports when fans and media compared a team to the last championship roster was heavily this year with the Bears comparing them to the 85 team. Similar situation too, starting off really hot in the season. Superstition wins in this case with the Hawks for me haha

Either way though, the 2010 team was just too deep.

Kopecky / Toews / Hossa
    Ladd / Sharp / Kane
    Buff / Bolland / Steeg
    Eager / Madden / Brouwer

Keith / Seabrook
    Campbell / Hammer
    Boynton / SOPES

With Niemi in net, a guy who had probably one of the best goaltending runs of the playoffs. He was standing on his head to win games single handedly. He was on another level throughout that cup run.

I hope the 2013 team proves me wrong.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    You will NEVER see as deep a team, as the 2010 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. Never. Ever.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    I guess you can say Toews, Kane, Sharp(playing LW), Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Bolland are better than they were due to physical maturation and experience.

Keith was a monster that year and I dont see him ever having a season like that again.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    You will NEVER see as deep a team, as the 2010 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks. Never. Ever.
    Nope, that team was so stacked it was almost laughable...You will never see a blackhawk team that deep again unless the teams drafting is lights out for a 5-6 year period.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    I disagree... the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks team was not the best NHL team of all time and there have been deeper teams than them and there will be deeper teams in the future. Did they have depth? Yes they did but most of the players were on the verge of a breakout and broke out that year or the year after they were all together, hence some of the monster contracts.

An interesting stat for someone to research is the size of upcoming contracts regardless of where they are playing following a Cup.

vCash
    ^^^^And I know contract size doesnt mean anything but it would still be interesting imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    I disagree... the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks team was not the best NHL team of all time and there have been deeper teams than them and there will be deeper teams in the future. Did they have depth? Yes they did but most of the players were on the verge of a breakout and broke out that year or the year after they were all together, hence some of the monster contracts.

An interesting stat for someone to research is the size of upcoming contracts regardless of where they are playing following a Cup.
    I don't think anyone is that big of a homer to say that the 2010 team was the best NHL team of all time. But they were arguably the BEST HAWK team of all time...
    Mike P. ~~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    I don't think anyone is that big of a homer to say that the 2010 team was the best NHL team of all time. But they were arguably the BEST HAWK team of all time...
    Agreed, and I think people that level of depth won't be seen again (or very rarely) in the salary cap era. There were certainly better teams in the past, but with the cap, that kind of depth is hard to come by.

vCash
    Should we reconsider this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Should we reconsider this?
    Regular season championships don't mean anything bro... the Canucks have been the best the past couple years and fail in the playoffs. Heck, the #8 seed won the Cup last year.
    Mike P. ~~

vCash
    Yea, I'll reconsider once the end of June comes up.

Gotta love the way they are playing though, real exciting.