Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    That's why it really is so subjective depending on the publication and the author.

I think it's more likely the Mets are a top 15 (to give some leeway to Sickel's 12th ranking) than they are 26th.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2013 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Yup

John Sickels
    12) New York Mets (15): Strengths: strong at the top with trade acquisitions Zack Wheeler, Travis D'arnaud, and Noah Syndergaard all ranking as Grade A- prospects. Pitching in general is a strength, with large amount of depth behind the top group. Weaknesses: impact hitting behind D'Arnaud and Wilmer Flores.
    ...as mention a kagillion times, BA has severely under valued the Mets system for years now, hence why I could care less about the rankings anymore, but is still something to talk about.

12 is pretty accurate for me I would not make them a top 10 system, but with 3 type A guys and all that pitching depth they deserve to be top 15 even if their hitting prospects are not great, but they do have one of the best top 2 catching prospects in baseball and that always will elevate a farm system.

I will say this though next year it could take a step back if d'A and Wheeler graduate, hopefully some of those pitching prospects explode and show more potential, but at the same time I expect some of the hitting prospects to make their mark as well and show they are better.

vCash
    The thing that Met fans should be happy about is that the Phils, Braves and Nats system have a lot less that they had the last couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The thing that Met fans should be happy about is that the Phils, Braves and Nats system have a lot less that they had the last couple of years.
    Agreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12