Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Baseball America rated the Mets farm 26th prior to the Dickey trade.

In the Prospect Handbook, we ranked the Braves system as the 21st-best in baseball. That was based on transactions through Dec. 10, and we'll finalize those ratings in our Minor League Preview. None of the prospects Atlanta traded matter enough to affect its overall talent ranking, though it could drop a couple of spots behind two teams that have added significant prospects. The Indians (No. 24 in the Handbook) grabbed Bauer, while the Mets (No. 26) acquired catcher Travis d'Arnaud and righthander Noah Syndergaard.
    BA doesn't think much of this farm system.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I think we established that a month or so a go when I posted what Callis had said about the system after the Dickey trade.

vCash
    BA is all about upside, and the Mets system isn't loaded with high upside guys.

vCash
    I am sure they must have moved up in that ranking since the Dickey trade.

Has to have moved with the addition of D'Arnaud, Syndergaard, and Buscerra.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.

vCash
    Prior to the trade, I have a hard time thinking that with Wheeler, The staff in St. Lucie, Savannah and Brooklyn that this is only a 26th ranked farm system.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Fans often struggle with objectivity.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Fans often struggle with objectivity.

-Stork
    Except the opinions on the farm system is varied amongst the baseball publications. Ranging from mid teens to what BA said.

They probably see the best position player, Flores, as a tweener. Both Nimmo and Cecchini are still young, and scouts didn't see Nimmo as an athlete he was billed to be.

The best pitchers outside of Wheeler have only pitched in A ball or below.

vCash
    Teams looking to trade for prospects look at their own organizational reports and if they like a player they ask for him. They don't decide to trade for a guy because of where BA ranks him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am sure they must have moved up in that ranking since the Dickey trade.

Has to have moved with the addition of D'Arnaud, Syndergaard, and Buscerra.
    Who is he?

26th seems a bit low, we've got the best C prospect in the game, and perhaps the 2nd best pitching prospect in baseball, both almost ready. TDA should really be playing on opening day.

A lack of impact bats is killing us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Who is he?

26th seems a bit low, we've got the best C prospect in the game, and perhaps the 2nd best pitching prospect in baseball, both almost ready. TDA should really be playing on opening day.

A lack of impact bats is killing us.
    Was my mistake.

I was typing on my phone and i meant Becerra.

http://baseballprospectnation.com/20...-15-prospects/

10. Wuilmer Becerra – OF (NR)
    An additional piece to the RA Dickey trade, Becerra flies under the radar right now but could explode as a prospect in 2013. His 2012 season was cut short because of a pitch to the face but when he’s on the field he shows excellent size, plus raw power and some natural hitting ability. He stood out on the field during instructs and has serious potential.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2013 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Who cares?

They have players, especially pitchers, that are likely to contribute on the major league level - a few who are likely to be high impact players.

That's good enough for me so long as the farm system churns out talent that helps the major league team succeed in the near future.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Who cares?

They have players, especially pitchers, that are likely to contribute on the major league level - a few who are likely to be high impact players.

That's good enough for me so long as the farm system churns out talent that helps the major league team succeed in the near future.
    Yup pretty much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    If reviewed BBA's accuracy when grading systems over the past 30 years, you'd discover in retrospect that in many cases they were right, but in many cases they were wrong. Thus is the nature of prognosticating futures and potential.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    They're #12 on Sickels just released list:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...ystem-rankings
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If reviewed BBA's accuracy when grading systems over the past 30 years, you'd discover in retrospect that in many cases they were right, but in many cases they were wrong. Thus is the nature of prognosticating futures and potential.
    In other words, prospect development is a crapshoot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast