Hey everyone. It's about that time to start up the Mock-Trade Deadline game. The game will proceed as follows:
1) Everyone signs up. Must have 30 users for each NBA team so we cannot start the game until those spots are filled.
2) After signups, each user is randomly assigned a current NBA team. With that team comes the current roster, salary/luxury tax implications, and any further restrictions.
3) The object of the game is to then improve your team by trades --- perhaps LOTS of them. You may end up completing two or three trades over the month-long game, or you may end up making a couple dozen. That's entirely up to you.
4) There will be a designated time-slot for trades to go down. Most likely around 14 days.
5) After the Trading Period ends, the Eastern Conference will vote on the Western Conference playoff rankings and vice versa. [Might be easier to just start team records at 0-0 for voting purposes, see post #17]
6) There is no reward for going for "Best Future" this time around. So even if you get stuck with the Bobcats or the Kings, it is your duty to try and propel them into the playoffs at all costs.