Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jaguars hire Todd Wash as Defensive Line Coach

less than two weeks after seattle seahawks defensive line coach, todd wash, was considered to be "in strong consideration" for the jaguars defensive coordinator job, ryan o'halloran of the florida times-union reports that he will join the team as the new defensive line coach.

As it is a lateral move for wash, the hiring had to first be approved by seahawks head coach pete carroll, who did okay the move, according to o'halloran.

Wash, 44, played and coached with jaguars head coach gus bradley at north dakota state. A former outside linebacker with the bison, wash joined the tampa bay buccaneers as a defensive quality control coach after some time coaching at the collegiate level. Bradley was the linebackers coach for the buccaneers at the time.

He was promoted to defensive line coach and held the position for three seasons, two of which were without bradley on the coaching staff, before he joined bradley's defensive staff as the defensive line coach for the seahawks in 2011.

The seahawks finished 2012 with the fewest points allowed in the nfl, despite finishing just below the league average in sacks with 36. They finished no. 10 in fewest rushing yards allowed.
    -bcc

vCash
    I like the this hire. Now we move onto roster evaluation. Should be an interesting off-season.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Yup, count me in as excited. This is the guy I wanted to come here. I wonder if we end up getting Alan Branch now that we have brought in his former DC and D-Line coach.

vCash
    Nothing not to like about that
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    he looks so much like bradley its freaky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Yup, count me in as excited. This is the guy I wanted to come here. I wonder if we end up getting Alan Branch now that we have brought in his former DC and D-Line coach.
    id bring in Jason jones Instead. im sure Mosley = Branch or close enough to it. Jason jones is twice the interior Pass rusher than alualu

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Good hire, fellas. I was disappointed when the Buccaneers let him go.

Fire the cannons.

vCash
    I like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    I hope we can get him, that would one less thing to worry about.
    Nothing to see here, move along.