Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Detroit Pistons might use Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond together more often

By Brendan Savage | bsavage@mlive.com
    on January 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM

It appears as if many Detroit Pistons fans are going to see their No. 1 wish granted.

Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe might start playing together more often.

Drummond and Monroe played together for than 11 minutes in Friday's loss at Miami and from the sounds of it, that's going to become the norm rather than the exception.

Coach Lawrence Frank is ready to pay less attention to matchups and focus more on putting his two big men on the floor at the same time, writes Keith Langlois.

"Lawrence Frank is aware that, ready or not, he's going to have to take the plunge and increasingly engage in a "game of chicken" forcing the matchups with other teams by going big while they go small required to pair Greg Monroe with Andre Drummond," Langlois wrote on Pistons.com.

" 'It will be repetition and time,' he said. 'Then you figure out the effectiveness of how it works.' It worked with mixed results in Miami, but Frank seemed to indicate that it would be given more chances against various combinations to give him and his staff something to base decisions on for the future.

" 'We will see all these things before the year is over because we need to make educated decisions based on what we've seen, not on speculation.' "
    http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...oit_pis_6.html

vCash
    Did Frank come up with this decision all by himself?

What a big boy he is, someone get this crap a cookie

How can you possibly think Maxiel is worth a starting gig in this league? He CANT GUARD A PICK AND ROLL EFFECTIVELY!
    What do you see frank??
    Jeeze!

vCash
    If the pistons have any hope of making the playoffs it's a must

vCash
    One thing i dont understand is why do we have to match up against them?

With Monroe and Drummond out there...the other teams should be worrying about matching up with us.

vCash
    Finally...

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    I can't wait to see how Monroe does at his natural pf position where he belongs!

vCash
    Is he saying hes going to start Drummond or just keep doing what hes already doing.Right now Frank gets in the game and freezes like a deer in headlights and leaves CV in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Henry View Post
    If the pistons have any hope of making the playoffs it's a must
    Agreed

vCash
    But if Drummond starts along with Monroe, who will come off the bench asa backup C?

Maxiell? He is 6'5" and he will be too undersized to play at the 5. He'll have problem defending legit Cs who are 6-8 inches taller

Kravtsov is 7ft, but still in Frank's prison and he is always in the inactive list.

I think Dumars should go for a serviceable backup C if the pistons really wanna play Drummond next to Monroe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedle9 View Post
    But if Drummond starts along with Monroe, who will come off the bench asa backup C?

Maxiell? He is 6'5" and he will be too undersized to play at the 5. He'll have problem defending legit Cs who are 6-8 inches taller

Kravtsov is 7ft, but still in Frank's prison and he is always in the inactive list.

I think Dumars should go for a serviceable backup C if the pistons really wanna play Drummond next to Monroe
    I think if they start together, Drum would come out after 5-6 minutes and Monroe would shift to Center for the rest of his rotation. Then when Monroe comes out with a minute or two left in the 1st, Drum replaces him at center. This way Frank can still handle Drummond's conditioning issue while maximizing the time the two of them are on the court.

vCash
    If Drummond starts than Bynum has to start . Knight n Drummond don't hook up so well and not having Drummond in the second unit takes away its effectiveness.. So we have a dilemma

vCash
    I'd like to see Bynum and Knight start in the backcourt, with Prince/Monroe/Drummond. The frontcourt size might neutralize the small backcourt. But then we'd be stuck with Rodney running the second unit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'd like to see Bynum and Knight start in the backcourt, with Prince/Monroe/Drummond. The frontcourt size might neutralize the small backcourt. But then we'd be stuck with Rodney running the second unit
    I just laughed at loud.. When you said stuckey running the second unit :0

He'd probably take 12 shots miss 8 and everyone else would get 3 haha

vCash
    If Knight is something that we are going to invest for the next couple of years than he needs to be starting with Drummond and getting used to him.

vCash
    If Frank starts Drummond and Monroe together then finally Slava will get minutes too then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast