Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    1. Duncan
    2. KG
    3. Malone
    4. Dirk
    5. Barkley

vCash
    I completely agree with him and have said it numerous times. Duncan is a versatile Center. Malone is the best true PF in the history of the game.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah I'll go

Duncan
    Barkley
    Garnett
    Malone
    McHale

In that order.
    perfect list for me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    Duncan is a center ..he is Low post. Pf are high post. he got away with it bc he was young and pop...i see him as a center ...AND NOT AS GOOD AS PEOPLE THINK...IMO HE IS EQUAL TO KG, INFERIOR TO MALONE ,JUST OFF RESUME...MALONE WAS DAMN NEAR 20 YEAR GOOD..DUNCAN HAD A TIME OF 4-5 YEARS WHERE HE WAS GOOD AND HE WASNT AS GOOD AS SHAQ WHICH IMO WHY HE WAS MOSTLY AT PF
    This is just wildly inaccurate and ignorant. Duncan't numbers, postseason success, defense and every other possibly feasible measure of him as a player completely dwarfs Malone's to a point where it's absolutely no contest. But hey... Malone was a better free throw shooter. So there's that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah I'll go

Duncan
    Barkley
    Garnett
    Malone
    McHale

In that order.
    I love the list, but I'm not sure how Dirk doesn't crack the top five. Defensively, he's certainly not winning any DPOY awards, but neither did Barkley. If Barkley is No. 2 despite being an atrocious defender, how can Dirk be left off this list?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I completely agree with him and have said it numerous times. Duncan is a versatile Center. Malone is the best true PF in the history of the game.
    Guys like Duncan and KG could play either position, but the bulk of their time came as true PFs. They have range, but can also score inside, defend around the rim or in the perimeter against bigs with range. Calling them merely "power forwards" doesn't do them justice, but they're certainly not just centers either. People who claim Duncan is a C playing PF are just nitpicking because the guy is tremendously talented and versatile. In fact, I would argue that someone calling Malone a "true PF" is pretty much an insult. If he was half the player Duncan was, he could have defended opposing 5s, but in the 90s he would have absolutely been slaughtered by Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Zo, etc.

Bottom line, Tim Duncan has spent most of his career at C and no matter how you chose to classify him, he absolutely crushes Malone in every fathomable way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This is just wildly inaccurate and ignorant. Duncan't numbers, postseason success, defense and every other possibly feasible measure of him as a player completely dwarfs Malone's to a point where it's absolutely no contest. But hey... Malone was a better free throw shooter. So there's that, right?

I love the list, but I'm not sure how Dirk doesn't crack the top five. Defensively, he's certainly not winning any DPOY awards, but neither did Barkley. If Barkley is No. 2 despite being an atrocious defender, how can Dirk be left off this list?
    I somewhat agree, if you replace Dirk over McHale, I can live with it. But the list itself was right on. I think the 4-7 spots at PF are so subjective, its not even worth arguing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm ok with Dirk over McHale. Top "whatever" list are difficult and usual can be alter slightly. I would have Dirk right after McHale so if you have him ahead of Kevin that's totally understandable.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    [QUOTE=mightybosstone;25255562]This is just wildly inaccurate and ignorant. Duncan't numbers, postseason success, defense and every other possibly feasible measure of him as a player completely dwarfs Malone's to a point where it's absolutely no contest. But hey... Malone was a better free throw shooter. So there's that, right?

You can say what you day about my oppinion, but centers are low post, of are high post. Do you want Duncan shooting the 15 footer or posting? He could do both, but he is and ess mainly low post esp.when it came to Shaq. KG. high post. Pf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockice_8 View Post
    Malone is one of the more overrated guys to ever play. He played the PnR with one of the best PG's of all time. He's a fringe top 3 PF.

No rings and played with a top 3 PG. He was a great player but not an all time great like some want to think. I'll take Duncan and KG easily over him and maybe Barkley too. Dirk could make a case too.
    Well it took kg many years to win his one and only ring... And the main reason he got it was of the 2 hof's he played along side with
    Last edited by THE_FLASH_21; 01-30-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    WE BELIEVE... TILL THE LAST SHOT, TILL THE LAST REBOUND, TILL THE LAST WHISTLE "WE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I somewhat agree, if you replace Dirk over McHale, I can live with it. But the list itself was right on. I think the 4-7 spots at PF are so subjective, its not even worth arguing.
    My top three would be the same, but I would put KG ahead of Barkley because of defense. I'd also put Dirk at No. 4 ahead of Malone and then McHale at 6. But I definitely think those are the six best.

vCash
    interesting argument:

If (insert player) was on (insert team), would that player still be able to carry that team to the finals/win the championship?

duncan
    dirk
    kg
    malone
    barkley

spurs
    mavs
    celtics
    jazz
    suns

duncan is the best. i have no qualms with that. but i think dirk deserves more credit as well.

if you gave each pf above the mavs roster when they went to the finals twice, only duncan at his peak would've been able to replicate or best what dirk did imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvana View Post
    interesting argument:

If (insert player) was on (insert team), would that player still be able to carry that team to the finals/win the championship?

duncan
    dirk
    kg
    malone
    barkley

spurs
    mavs
    celtics
    jazz
    suns

duncan is the best. i have no qualms with that. but i think dirk deserves more credit as well.

if you gave each pf above the mavs roster when they went to the finals twice, only duncan at his peak would've been able to replicate or best what dirk did imo.
    I actually think Barkley and KG could have accomplished that in their primes. Barkley was an offensive force and placing him between Marion and Chandler would have hid a lot of his defensive struggles. And imagine a defensive frontcourt of prime KG with Tyson Chandler.

Malone, however, I struggle to see winning a title with that squad. Aside from a couple of solid postseasons, he regularly hid from the big moments. As a huge underdog against the almighty Miami Heat trio? No way that Mavs team with Malone wins that series.

vCash
    He is right i have been saying this for years Duncan is a center and always has been.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    Duncan is a center ..he is Low post. Pf are high post. he got away with it bc he was young and pop...i see him as a center ...AND NOT AS GOOD AS PEOPLE THINK...IMO HE IS EQUAL TO KG, INFERIOR TO MALONE ,JUST OFF RESUME...MALONE WAS DAMN NEAR 20 YEAR GOOD..DUNCAN HAD A TIME OF 4-5 YEARS WHERE HE WAS GOOD AND HE WASNT AS GOOD AS SHAQ WHICH IMO WHY HE WAS MOSTLY AT PF
    Ingles? No Bueno

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast