Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Malone is such a douche and remains the biggest choker in the history of the NBA. The greatest PF of all-time? He's not even in my top four! Duncan is clearly better than him (not debatable), and I'd also put KG, Barkley and Dirk ahead of him. I think you could even make a case for Kevin McHale, albeit not a particularly strong one.

vCash
    Also, saying he'd rather take Pippen over Jordan? What an idiot...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    I love Karl Malone. Easily one of the most under appreciated players to have ever played the game. With that said, I would still likely take Duncan over Malone but it is a lot closer that some people may believe. Personally I do believe that Barkely is nowhere near the discussion with KG coming in the third spot all time.
    I would put Barkley just outside the top 5.

vCash

If you look closely Barkley's only 5'9.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Center's he's played with since Robinson left

Rasho Nesterovic- 7'0
    Francisco Elson- 7'0
    Nazr Mohammed- 6'10 (he's definitely not a PF despite being an inch shorter)
    Fabricio Oberto- 6'10 (could play the 4/5)
    Tiago Splitter- 6'11

Duncan is a PF who could play C if/when needed. Just as Magic could play multiple positions, Lebron, etc...

Granted he's played with Blair/Diaw the past few years in the starting lineup, but again he's capable of either.
    I have seen box scores where Duncan was listed as a PF next to Malik Rose. I have seen box scores where Rose was listed at center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    I have seen box scores where Duncan was listed as a PF next to Malik Rose. I have seen box scores where Rose was listed at center.
    I know, I was simply pointing out the Centers he's played next to in addition to someone like Rose or Blair. Also noting the fact that he's capable of either

vCash
    The people who have Dirk and KG ahead of Malone don't know **** about basketball. People want to talk about Malone's "struggles" in the playoffs but neglect to mention that KG didn't get a ring until he was put on a completely stacked team. When he was the man the T-Wolves were a joke.

And I really wish people would stop discrediting longevity like it's something that just doesn't matter. You guys know it's part of your job as a professional athlete to be in the best shape you can be and make sure you can play at your highest level for as long as you can.

And this whole Barkley stepped it up so much in the playoffs and Malone didn't. Their career playoff stats are almost identical (Malone better scorer, Barkley better rebounder) and Malone played in 70 MORE games than Barkley and played a lot of those well after his prime. So somebody is going to have to show me something that I guess isn't there for me to believe Barkley's playoff performances just blow Malones out of the water. And this talk of no rings...Malone went to one more Finals than the almighty Charles did.

Duncan is clearly the best PF to play the game. In my mind Malone is second, Barkley third, KG fourth, and nobody else is really close.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    The people who have Dirk and KG ahead of Malone don't know **** about basketball.
    Challenge accepted (just like the Rockets accepted the challenge and crushed the Jazz by 45 points last night ).

People want to talk about Malone's "struggles" in the playoffs but neglect to mention that KG didn't get a ring until he was put on a completely stacked team. When he was the man the T-Wolves were a joke.
    Good point. Oh wait... No it's not. When did KG play with arguably the greatest distributor and one of the best No. 2s in the history of the NBA? And Malone STILL couldn't win a title. His career PER dropped 12 percent and his career WS/48 dropped 32 percent in the playoffs. Sorry, bro, but choking is choking.

And I really wish people would stop discrediting longevity like it's something that just doesn't matter. You guys know it's part of your job as a professional athlete to be in the best shape you can be and make sure you can play at your highest level for as long as you can.
    Longevity does matter, but it also shouldn't be taken nearly as seriously as peak performance and postseason success. Also, it certainly helps that he played with Stockton essentially his entire career. 19 seasons, 0 titles, 2 MVPs he didn't deserve. Color me unimpressed.

And this whole Barkley stepped it up so much in the playoffs and Malone didn't. Their career playoff stats are almost identical (Malone better scorer, Barkley better rebounder) and Malone played in 70 MORE games than Barkley and played a lot of those well after his prime. So somebody is going to have to show me something that I guess isn't there for me to believe Barkley's playoff performances just blow Malones out of the water. And this talk of no rings...Malone went to one more Finals than the almighty Charles did.
    I don't understand what point you're trying to make. Of course he played in more playoff games and had more Finals appearances, because he had a superior supporting cast in Utah than Barkley had in Phoenix and his later years in Philly. But if you want to argue postseason play, Barkley's career playoff PER and WS/48 absolutely dwarfs Malone's. It's not even close.

Duncan is clearly the best PF to play the game. In my mind Malone is second, Barkley third, KG fourth, and nobody else is really close.
    Dirk won a ring with an inferior supporting cast against his era's greatest player. Malone failed twice. His postseason (and regular season) numbers also crush Malone's and he also has an MVP that he probably didn't deserve. To say he isn't anywhere close to Malone is to simply ignore his accomplishments for the sake of your argument.

vCash
    Yeah I'll go

Duncan
    Barkley
    Garnett
    Malone
    McHale

In that order.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    This has probably been mentioned quite a few times but Malone is just mad that Duncan is the greatest PF of all time.

vCash
    I always saw him as a PF

vCash
    Duncan is a center ..he is Low post. Pf are high post. he got away with it bc he was young and pop...i see him as a center ...AND NOT AS GOOD AS PEOPLE THINK...IMO HE IS EQUAL TO KG, INFERIOR TO MALONE ,JUST OFF RESUME...MALONE WAS DAMN NEAR 20 YEAR GOOD..DUNCAN HAD A TIME OF 4-5 YEARS WHERE HE WAS GOOD AND HE WASNT AS GOOD AS SHAQ WHICH IMO WHY HE WAS MOSTLY AT PF

vCash
    we got a mad malone

vCash
    1. Duncan
    2. Malone
    3. Barkley

then it gets interesting with Nowitzki, Garnett, and McHale. Hell, you can even throw Bob Pettit and Chris Webber into the argument but most people would probably put them after those 3, and rightfully so. I'm just saying it's only fair to mention them in the conversation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    Duncan is a center ..he is Low post. Pf are high post. he got away with it bc he was young and pop...i see him as a center ...AND NOT AS GOOD AS PEOPLE THINK...IMO HE IS EQUAL TO KG, INFERIOR TO MALONE ,JUST OFF RESUME...MALONE WAS DAMN NEAR 20 YEAR GOOD..DUNCAN HAD A TIME OF 4-5 YEARS WHERE HE WAS GOOD AND HE WASNT AS GOOD AS SHAQ WHICH IMO WHY HE WAS MOSTLY AT PF
    This is freakin' awesome....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast