Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

"Hes a CENTER!!, they play him at PF " - Karl Malone on Duncan

http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/m/vi...arl-malone.htm

Wonder if Stockton would ever say that Magic was a Forward who happened to play PG.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Malone mad

vCash
    The game has changed you rarely see a actual PF and C playing alone each other. Its been 2 guards 3 fowards

vCash
    Wow, pretty full of himself
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Well... Malone does say afterward that he is better than Duncan, so I guess it doesn't matter what you list Duncan as, Malone will still say he's the best PF ever ;-)

I think the problem is that people have a certain perception of what define a position.

To me, SF and SG are essentially the same position, and likewise PF and C are essentially the same position. The things that differentiate those players is the versatility of the individual player. If a power player with great post up moves has range, then he's more likely to be called a power forward, rather than a center. Is a wing player has a really good post up game and rebounds well, he's more likely to be called a SF than a SG.

Coaches some times run with a single player on the blocks, two guys on the wing, and two guys in the back court, or they run with two guys on the block, two wings and a guard coming up the middle running the point. When players move from those positions they move around according to what they can do with the ball and how they can score. To me, a PF has more in common with a center than he does with a small forward, like like a SG usually has more in common with a SF than he does with the PG (obvious exceptions are applied to guys like Jordan, Pippen and LBJ who bring the ball up themselves and distribute).

As for Malone's comment, he does initially say that Duncan is a center to avoid the comparison, but when he is pressed with the direct question he does not hesitate to say he is better than Duncan, and I think he has a case there, though I would pick Duncan over Malone.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 01-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    Malone with some serious sour grapes.

KG will probably go down as a better player then Malone was, so is KG a center too?

vCash
    First off I will say that I didn't watch the video, but I do agree with the comment of He's a Center, they play him at power forward. Coach Pop just likes 2 bigs down low for his system. But in my book, if you are 7'0" or taller, you are a center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jer3miah View Post
    First off I will say that I didn't watch the video, but I do agree with the comment of He's a Center, they play him at power forward. Coach Pop just likes 2 bigs down low for his system. But in my book, if you are 7'0" or taller, you are a center.
    So in your book what's the 6'6" Charles Barkley considered as?
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Duncan is 6'11"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jer3miah View Post
    Dirk is not a Center and he's a true 7 footer.

vCash
    yo Karl Malone, I'm really happy that you think so highly of yourself; and imma let you finish, but Dirk, Duncan, and Garnett are top3 power forwards all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinattle View Post
    Duncan is 6'11"
    Maybe in College

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVille View Post
    yo Karl Malone, I'm really happy that you think so highly of yourself; and imma let you finish, but Dirk, Duncan, and Garnett are top3 power forwards all time.
    Those are my Top 3 also... Duncan, Dirk, then Garnett... then, I would probably put Barkley and thennnn Malone. He's at least Top 5.

vCash
    I love Karl Malone. Easily one of the most under appreciated players to have ever played the game. With that said, I would still likely take Duncan over Malone but it is a lot closer that some people may believe. Personally I do believe that Barkely is nowhere near the discussion with KG coming in the third spot all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVille View Post
    No offence but you must still be a teenager. Not having Malone in the conversation here is downright crazy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast