Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

WWE: Did CM Punk Make The WWE Title Important Again?

When cm punk won the wwe title at survivor series the raw after cm punk said and I quote

"I want to make the wwe title meaningful again. I want the wwe title to be the most important thing like it used to be"

Did CM Punk make the wwe title important again?

Good ole jr think so

Jim Ross commented on last night's WWE Royal Rumble and CM Punk's WWE Title run. Here are the highlights…

"I enjoyed @WWE Royal Rumble on PPV. Road to WM will be revealing. Several talents stood out. I pd retail & have the flu & I'm happy. You?

@steveaustinBSR used 2 preach about the importance of #WWE Title & what it meant to the champion & the @WWE. @CMPunk restored that feeling."

What about you? What do you think?

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    Somewhat. It's still not super important. When it becomes a draw again it will be.

They need to go down to one belt for it to become more significant.

vCash
    I don't see how it was any different from when Cena ran with it for almost a year. When you have more than one championship it kind devalues both titles.

And for a good chunk of his run it wasn't even the most important match on the card.

WWE needs to make the belt the focus and not everything else for it to be important.

vCash
    ^What those 2 said. Having 2 titles is kind of redundant and for a chunk of his title run, he wasn't the main event. Its not like he has been closing out shows since he got the belt, that started with his heel turn.

Overall, he did a good job with it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Out of both titles, I feel that Punk made the WWE title more valuable than the WHC, but that's not really saying too much. With brand extension officially ending, they should get rid of one of the titles, but WWE won't get rid of its own belt and the Big Gold Belt has too much history to just get rid of it.

vCash
    But it is important again .. they've centered their biggest storylines over the last few months around the title.. It's why Rock comes back and says he wants the belt. It's why Cena rambles about 2013 being his year .. b/c they've built the title to be important again...and Punk had a huge role in that happening. He talked incessantly about it as both a face and heel. His promos going into RR were all about how he had to have the title b/c it meant he was the best. It will be interesting to see how he reacts without it... but is it more relevant now than when ADR and Cena were hot potating it around? Most definitiley..

vCash
    It is important but it'll always be second billing to John Cena....Unless Cena holds the belt.

vCash
    Not really but it isn't his fault at all. Every single time he stepped in the ring with the belt on the line we had at worse a 4 star match. Punk showed he can be one of the top guys in the company and is now the 2nd guy only behind Cena. His feud with Rock-Cena-Ryback towards the end really helped the title alot to me....

Ryback - You had a new monster trying for the title that was unstoppable. He stopped him

Cena - well he is Cena. How many times did Punk beat Cena in his run 3 4 times? For every saying "Cena always wins he never puts anybody over blah blah".... John Cena was basically Cm Punks ***** the last 2 years

Rock - one of the greatest of all-time and beat him on the mic in this feud but sadly VKM loves Rocky...

For everyone saying Rock should've never beat him blah blah... Then question who do you have beat him ? Bryan? Ziggler? Ryback ? Cena? Boreton ? Bore Lesnar ? WHO? Punk beat everybody on the roster and it took one of the greatest guys of all-time to come in and beat him who also beat John Cena at maina last year.... So just because Punk didn't win doesn't mean it killed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    I don't mind 2 belts but they have to be more strict with the brand splits if they want the top titles to become relevant. With guys jumping from show to show it's pointless having 2 titles. I also think they should just roll with one title if they dont wanna be specific with the brand split anymore

I thought the run meant more to Punk than it did to the belt. I still think the wwe title has the same value as it did the last number of years...so no.

vCash
    I agree with Stone Cold.

vCash
    One thing Punk did do though is show wwe that you don't have to be a bodybuilding juicebag to be on top... Ziggler/Bryan/Cesareo all owe Punk alot for breaking that sterotype. I really hope that Punk loosing the belt doesn't mean were going to back to guys like Cena/Ryback types always having the belt.... Maybe its time to start a new era and move away from that and let guys like Bryan/Ziggler/Rollins/Cesareo/Kofi/Wade/Adr guys that can ACTUALLY WRESTLE and cut decent promos ahev there chance int he lime light. Im all for Cena getting his win back and the title at maina but I don't want him to go back to being spoon fed everyone and same goes for Punk. You had 430 plus days as champ now its your turn to put someone over who needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    The belt won't be relevant again until they change the look of it. It's gross.

vCash
    nope, cean is still more important
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    The belt will never be importent untill they get rid of the WHC and make it look have way decent. It looks like a childs toy right now, it's imbarassing. It really is. Could u imagine Austin, Bret Hart or Undertaker walking around with that thing, hell no. It's a horrible title. They should go back to the old school eagle belt. It was a classy looking belt and the best they have ever had.

The WWE championship should be the most importent thing in wrestling and up untill about the last 3 months it wasn't even the most importent part of Raw.

WWE has the chance right now to climb out of the pit there in and really make things awesome again. They really do have some decent young latent, new faces but they refuse to move away from old reliable.

vCash
    Not really

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast