Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dez is Maturing

vCash

Dez is Maturing

While things at valley ranch seems to be all over the place. One bright spot seems to be Dez Bryant who is continuing his on field maturity to off the field. If anyone is familiar with lesean mccoy twitter feud with his baby mother, dez told lesean dont put his business or his baby moms business in the public eye and to delete his twitter account, dez has also been quoting bible quotes everymorning, getting praises from pastors and several other cowboys players, and someone also said dez called new DC Monte Kiffin to welcome him to dallas.

I know this may not seem like alot but seeing how much of a microscope is on him in the offseason, to see a lil progress like this being made is good news.

vCash
    most people don't care unless he is getting in trouble for something. They never praise a guy when he is doing good only wanting to bad mouth another man. I think he has surrounded himself with good people so good resuts will follow and I think Ray Lewis talking to him helped him alot
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    most people don't care unless he is getting in trouble for something. They never praise a guy when he is doing good only wanting to bad mouth another man. I think he has surrounded himself with good people so good resuts will follow and I think Ray Lewis talking to him helped him alot
    I love dez bryant. he irritated me badly at the beginning. but i never said i wanted to cut him. i always said he needed more time. and i was right. on all accounts.

diff. a cornerstone of this team. him, lee, carter, claiborne, tyron. diff. pieced to work around.

i think jay novecek had more to do with him then anything else.

( well, out of ray lewis and jay.)

probally the most important thing was just him staying healthy, getting older, and having that desire.

diff. a great player, and i love him. needs to do what he did this year though, several more, and have a couple offseasons with no distractions.

vCash
    That is good for Dez as a person, I suppose, but I hope it doesn't mean that he is getting side tracked or letting his good season get to his head. I hope he stays determined and focused on becoming a better player on the field. I personally don't care about his "off field" issues. I think they are non-issues the media wanted to hype up and fans wanted to cry about because they always need a reason to cry about something. If he becomes a Bible quoting leader like Ray Lewis that is fine, but I don't want him to lose his passion and voice as a leader, because right now he is really the only player like that on the Cowboys.

vCash
    My verdict on Dez hasn't come to fruition. I know people "Want" him to be matured, so much so that they'll embrace the slightest change in his demeanor as an arrival of maturity.

I'll wait to see whether or not this is truth or an act. There's far too many examples of NFL players who have had character issues that kept quiet for a period of time only to allow their true personality to come out later.

I hope he matures and becomes responsible and respectful for the opportunities he has, heck i hope all players are that way, but I'm not going to jump onto the first sign of maturity either.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    He's going to be the same player on the field, thats just who he is naturally playing with all that intensity. He proably is just trying to find balance off the field, but you will still see him trying to run over defenders on the field.

vCash
    Lets wait till the whole off season is over to see if Dez is maturing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    I love dez bryant. he irritated me badly at the beginning. but i never said i wanted to cut him. i always said he needed more time. and i was right. on all accounts.

diff. a cornerstone of this team. him, lee, carter, claiborne, tyron. diff. pieced to work around.

i think jay novecek had more to do with him then anything else.

( well, out of ray lewis and jay.)

probally the most important thing was just him staying healthy, getting older, and having that desire.

diff. a great player, and i love him. needs to do what he did this year though, several more, and have a couple offseasons with no distractions.
    Bull crap you said trade him. you listed all these young player on the team and said Dez is the one we could play without, dont make me go back and find the post

vCash
    it's a terrific start to the maturation process...

vCash
    Bull crap you said trade him. you listed all these young player on the team and said Dez is the one we could play without, dont make me go back and find the post
    i absolutly, for a 200% fact, never said trade dez bryant. i ranted on him, said he needed to straighten up, etc, etc, etc. said he was killing us, etc, etc. and then, in the same post, i said, i would still not trade him, that he was young, and still had the chance of turning it around.

you sir, are stating something that is not true. that is a lie. that would make you a.......

i dare you, dare you to find the post. it does not exist.

after you try, i expect a full apology.

vCash
    NEVER MIND, I FOUND THE POST MYSELF

there is the link, followed by the actual post i did.

sooooooo, anything to say to me?????

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...8#post24138598

ill say it. Alot of its dez bryants fault. He runs wrong routes, and doesnt always do what he is suppose to. He has had bad conditioning in the past, and made bad decisions in the offseason.

it not all dez fault. romo gets some blame, the oline, etc. plenty to go around. Im saying, the very least of our problems is romo.

that being said, under no circumstance at this point would i trade him, or cut him [dez]..
    he needs to improve, and i hope he will...

he is still worth the risk right now.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...0#post24121340
    and let me clarify something. in other post, ive been very hard on dez. he is costing us alot, in terms of his mistakes. Maybe he should be benched for a while, IDK. but in no way shape or form do i think we cut, or trade him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...5#post23461505
    dez is not a bust. he has had 2 good, not great seasons. if he doesnt have a great season this year, you can call him a bust. Lets give this 23 year old, who has been a starter last year, and will be a starter this year a chance. ok?

i was even defending the guy...

do you just say random things that make no sense, and that isnt true?

i mean, to call me out like that, its dissappointing.

ok. im ready for my apology.
    Last edited by rawz; 01-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    haha nice!

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    100% it was evident this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    NEVER MIND, I FOUND THE POST MYSELF

there is the link, followed by the actual post i did.

sooooooo, anything to say to me?????

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...8#post24138598

ill say it. Alot of its dez bryants fault. He runs wrong routes, and doesnt always do what he is suppose to. He has had bad conditioning in the past, and made bad decisions in the offseason.

it not all dez fault. romo gets some blame, the oline, etc. plenty to go around. Im saying, the very least of our problems is romo.

that being said, under no circumstance at this point would i trade him, or cut him [dez]..
    he needs to improve, and i hope he will...

he is still worth the risk right now.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...0#post24121340
    and let me clarify something. in other post, ive been very hard on dez. he is costing us alot, in terms of his mistakes. Maybe he should be benched for a while, IDK. but in no way shape or form do i think we cut, or trade him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...5#post23461505
    dez is not a bust. he has had 2 good, not great seasons. if he doesnt have a great season this year, you can call him a bust. Lets give this 23 year old, who has been a starter last year, and will be a starter this year a chance. ok?

i was even defending the guy...

do you just say random things that make no sense, and that isnt true?

i mean, to call me out like that, its dissappointing.

ok. im ready for my apology.
    Ok that wasn't you it was somebody else, my bad. Going back and looking at post though you seem to like every move we have made and think they all are good ideas though.
    But Blacknell can admit when he is wrong
    Looking back on some older post like for the 2010 draft I think Jerry Jones looked at my post because he took Dez Bryant and Sean Lee just not the rounds i picked

vCash
    Ok that wasn't you it was somebody else, my bad. Going back and looking at post though you seem to like every move we have made and think they all are good ideas though.
    But Blacknell can admit when he is wrong
    Looking back on some older post like for the 2010 draft I think Jerry Jones looked at my post because he took Dez Bryant and Sean Lee just not the rounds i picked
    i have liked a majority of the moves. maybe not going into it, but after thinking about it, they seem to make sense to me... not all, but most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast