Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Maybe, but without the current staff and GM his career is worth less than nothing. People here are saying they'd see a 3rd rounder, turn back the clocks to before Harbaugh and you'd have people in stitches if you said he's worth a 7th.
    Honestly, with the exception of possibly Norv Turner I think this is precisely why most teams won't trade for him. Smith's history is well-documented and most suspect that his emergence as a quality QB has more to do with Jim than it does Alex. Fair or not, that is the gamble with bringing in Alex to any team.

Further, you have to wonder whether Smith will be damaged goods. Sure, he's saying all of the right things on camera, but whether Jim made the right decision or not, that had to have left a deep gash in Smith's psyche. You can only say "It's a business" for so long until you realize just how personal the pain of betrayal is. And make no mistake, the way that Jim stroked Smith's ego before games tells you that Smith clearly believied that his coach was 100% sincere and in his corner come hell or highwater. Well, now he knows that the temps in Jim's version of hell are closer to lukewarm, and the water not much higher than ankle deep.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Well that's not what Rocket said, that's why he deleted his post.
    I went back and read the exact figures, looks like its even more, all I was saying is you won't pay your backup the kind of money Smith stands to make, makes much more financial sense to release him, I doubt a team will trade for him when they can grab him for free as it's a no brainer the 9ers will release him rather than pay him...whether its 6, 7 or 9 mil, Smith wont be back
    "What is dead may never die."

Browns - Cavs - Indians - Buckeyes - Cardinals - Bills - Sabres

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If we can get something back in a trade he won't get his release.
    You never know. We can do something classy for what he's done for the organization and overcome. Give him a chance to pick the best situation instead of trading him to the highest bidder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    Nobody will trade the 9ers a draft pick when they know they'll have to release him anyways. They aren't going to pay him that salary to sit the bench. Think about it, Kaep would be getting paid less to be the starter. Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_color_finn View Post
    I went back and read the exact figures, looks like its even more, all I was saying is you won't pay your backup the kind of money Smith stands to make, makes much more financial sense to release him, I doubt a team will trade for him when they can grab him for free as it's a no brainer the 9ers will release him rather than pay him...whether its 6, 7 or 9 mil, Smith wont be back
    Well if multiple teams want him, they will fight for his services and one team will get him while others are left with nothing. By not being left with nothing, you trade for him. That way you get him and move on. It just depends how many teams want him. I can see the Bills, Chiefs, Browns and Jaguars wanting him and be willing to trade for him. Highest pick I see the 49ers getting is a 3rd rounder tops
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    This sure came out of nowhere

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Made a thread about this before I saw this one, I apologize, mods you can merge or delete it, thanks.

I think the Raiders, Bills, and Jets present the best fit for Alex.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Put him with Reid in KC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    a 3rd is all i would offer for a QB with a long history of injuries and who looks like he is just a system quarter back, and will the 9ers really want to have their back up making nearly 9 mill. I don't think so.
    a long history of injuries? He had a few shoulder separations because his absolutely horrific offensive lines (pre-harbaugh era) got him destroyed. Other than that, he's been pretty durable. He started running a lot more when Harbaugh took over and he proved to be pretty durable like he was in college running the option out of the spread. If Smith does indeed get released and has the option to choose where he's going, he better use his brain and go to a team that at least has some hope/potential of giving him time to throw. Not sure which one of those possible suitors (cleveland, nyg, arizona, kc, philly, etc) will have the best o-line after the draft and free agency. Not exactly the best options for Smith's camp, especailly philly. R.I.P. Mike Vick behind that o-line. That eagle o-line just might be ALMOST as bad as the o-line Smith played behind in his earlier years in SF.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Itd be fun to see him in Clevelan back with Turner. Get to see what might've been with that duo. Turner loved Smith when he was with SF

vCash
    The teams will orchestrate a deal for Smith, maybe even to Smith's preferred team. It's clear Frisco wants to go with the option offense and they'll need to bring in running QBs as backups.

vCash
    Earlier today on NFL.com, there was an article saying Smith's $8.5 million dollar salary is guaranteed if he is on the roster on April 1st. If they can't find a team to trade him to that's willing to take on that $8.5 million, the 49ers will be stuck paying it. It's a risk to find a team willing to take the contract and give up a draft choice. They might be better served to release him and owe nothing. GMs are also aware of this and may decide to wait until April to see what happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-his-release

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    This is TERRIBLE Timing...

Alex, you should fire your agent if he leaked this without your knowledge... you're a week away from the SuperBowl and a Hard Hit on Kaepernick away from getting back in the game. Just ANOTHER Dumb Distraction for the Media to BLOW UP.
    I really don't think this is going to distract anyone... Especially since knew before that that he wasnt going to be on the team next year. No one is going to be thinking "OMG ALEX WANTS TO BE RELEASED? **** I CANT CONCENTRATE!!!"

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    hes not saying anything we didn't already know.

and more importantly, he doesnt owe san fran a damn thing. they take away his job due to injury, they lost any chanc eof him owing them
    His injury was the opportunity, not the reason. The better QB is starting right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Smith and a 2013 first/2014 second for Darrelle Revis?
    lol no way in hell.

vCash
    C'mon over, Alex. We chew up quarterbacks faster than any other franchise in NFL history. If you can survive one season here, you can go anywhere you want.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast