Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    He's better than that...I would say more like Matt Schaub
    Really...it's a little early to be hitting the pipe
    Last edited by Broncogixxer; 01-28-2013 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    I Guarantee you the 49ers will not release Alex Smith.. Based on his contract they would take a 1 million dollar cap hit and no compensation.

Plus they would not want Alex Smith to go to a Division Rival Arizona Cardinals.

vCash
    I don't think they will send him to the the cards but they almost have to trade/release him or a bunch of other people they are up there in the cap num...they only have like 3.5M in cap space as of right now.
    Last edited by Broncogixxer; 01-28-2013 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_color_finn View Post
    Its pretty simple, only 1mil is guaranteed...
    agree

...and unless the 9ers want to pay their backup QB 6 mil a year, he gets cut, it is unlikely he gets traded IMO
    That wasn't my question.

It is my understanding he is due $9.75 mil for 2013. see link

I was questioning the posters number of $6 mil. Now, if you and the previous poster are privy to some information that the rest of us are not, please share it.

link
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    a 3rd is all i would offer for a QB with a long history of injuries and who looks like he is just a system quarter back, and will the 9ers really want to have their back up making nearly 9 mill. I don't think so.
    Agree......3rd at most. And despite being a weaker draft, a lot of young qbs are having success these days.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    Damn, I saw the title of this thread and thought Alex Smith was in trouble with the team's massage therapist for asking for his release.

vCash
    He will be traded. Will probably ask for a 2nd rounder but settle for a 3rd and a 5th, something of that nature. Niners have a lot of picks in the draft to move up and get a player that they like as it is.

vCash
    smith with net a conditional pick based on his play
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    This is TERRIBLE Timing...

Alex, you should fire your agent if he leaked this without your knowledge... you're a week away from the SuperBowl and a Hard Hit on Kaepernick away from getting back in the game. Just ANOTHER Dumb Distraction for the Media to BLOW UP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    This is TERRIBLE Timing...

Alex, you should fire your agent if he leaked this without your knowledge... you're a week away from the SuperBowl and a Hard Hit on Kaepernick away from getting back in the game. Just ANOTHER Dumb Distraction for the Media to BLOW UP.
    hes not saying anything we didn't already know.

and more importantly, he doesnt owe san fran a damn thing. they take away his job due to injury, they lost any chanc eof him owing them

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    It sure is fun to speculate, isn't it?

I think Smith is probably at a New Orleans voodoo doctor right now trying to put a root on Kap, so that Smith can somehow play and win the Super Bowl. I think he only wants to be a Niner. After all, he was with the team when they were crappy, now that they're contenders once more, why give that up willingly?

But that is the key word: willingly.

If Kap finishes the Super Bowl on two legs, Smith is as good as gone. He's too expensive to keep around holding a clipboard. And Jim Harbaugh is going to want to draft his next project just to keep his own juices flowing. Line 'em up, and he'll knock 'em down. Either way, it's curtains for Smith. Curtains.

The Niners will release him. No trade, just a thanks and a swift kick in the hind parts out the door.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Its pretty simple, only 1mil is guaranteed, and unless the 9ers want to pay their backup QB 6 mil a year, he gets cut, it is unlikely he gets traded IMO
    Well that's not what Rocket said, that's why he deleted his post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    hes not saying anything we didn't already know.

and more importantly, he doesnt owe san fran a damn thing. they take away his job due to injury, they lost any chanc eof him owing them
    Maybe, but without the current staff and GM his career is worth less than nothing. People here are saying they'd see a 3rd rounder, turn back the clocks to before Harbaugh and you'd have people in stitches if you said he's worth a 7th.

vCash
    Smith and a 2013 first/2014 second for Darrelle Revis?
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Maybe, but without the current staff and GM his career is worth less than nothing. People here are saying they'd see a 3rd rounder, turn back the clocks to before Harbaugh and you'd have people in stitches if you said he's worth a 7th.
    well with conditional picks the issue of what round isnt as big,. im sure it will be something along those lines.

and my point was more towards the distraction element to person i quoted mentioned. the 49ers made that distraction by benching him (not saying they shouln't have, just syaing they did). he doesn't have to be quite about his future plans. if they wanted hgim not to brign attention to this, they shouldnt have benched him

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast