Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Alex Smith To Ask For Release

San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Alex Smith is expected to ask for his release before the free agent signing period begins on March 12, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com reports.
    Smith opened the 2012 season as the 49ers' starting quarterback, completing over 70 percent of 218 pass attempts for 1,737 yards with 13 touchdowns and five interceptions before sustaining a concussion in a Week 10 tie with the St. Louis Rams. Smith was inactive the following week against the Chicago Bears and was replaced in the starting lineup by 2011 second-round pick Colin Kaepernick.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9034--nfl.html

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Bills would be a nice fit

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    If we can get something back in a trade he won't get his release.

vCash
    He's under contract for 2 more years. They don't necessarily have to trade or release him, regardless of what he asks for. He's a great backup for Kaepernick.

If I'm the 9ers GM I demand equal (or better) value in a trade or I just hang onto him until his contract is up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If we can get something back in a trade he won't get his release.
    nvm
    Last edited by rocket; 01-28-2013 at 12:54 PM.

**** you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    You will only pay 1 mill of his salary if you release him. 6 mill if you trade him.
    If this is true he's getting cut unless somebody gives us something ridiculous for him.

vCash
    He'll get released. Even though the Cardinals need a QB so I could see him going there to play the 9ers twice a year. That team is still bad enough it shouldn't matter and it isn't the best possible situation for him either. Guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    But what I was trying to get at is the 9ers may not release him if it's going to help a division rival. But that the Cardinals are bad enough it wouldn't even matter if he went there it wouldn't be enough to propel them in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    He's under contract for 2 more years. They don't necessarily have to trade or release him, regardless of what he asks for. He's a great backup for Kaepernick.

If I'm the 9ers GM I demand equal (or better) value in a trade or I just hang onto him until his contract is up.
    This is the exact reason he's gonna ask for his release.

vCash
    I think he ends up in Cleveland, he's way better than the trash the Browns have now and they have tons of cap space, second only to the Bengals, and with the salary cap floor they have to spend the money, so why not go out and get an above average QB and maybe draft one to develop in the later rounds of the draft this year...
    "What is dead may never die."

Browns - Cavs - Indians - Buckeyes - Cardinals - Bills - Sabres

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    You will only pay 1 mill of his salary if you release him. 6 mill if you trade him.
    What?

What clause says that?

If he is traded, his new team should be on the hook for his entire 2013 salary unless there is some clause to the contrary.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    And he will be released due to salary obligations as others have pointed out, Browns would overpay to get his services too...

vCash
    not surprising.

vCash
    he wont get relased but he will get traded
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    What?

What clause says that?

If he is traded, his new team should be on the hook for his entire 2013 salary unless there is some clause to the contrary.
    Its pretty simple, only 1mil is guaranteed, and unless the 9ers want to pay their backup QB 6 mil a year, he gets cut, it is unlikely he gets traded IMO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast