Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Link doesn't work.

Anyways, if Nash is 39 and still playing, Allen Iverson could definitely still play. He's quicker, stronger, and can draw a huge fan base even if he sucks. He will sell merchandise and tickets. A team like Bobcats or Phoenix could use him.. He can put up 15 PPG and at least 3 rebounds/5 assists per game. Still one of the quickest and elite scorers in NBA history. It's unfortunate that the only reason he's not playing in the NBA is because of his attitude. Coaches and management don't want a player who doesn't practice and has a negative aura. Let's just hope he grows up.
    Iverson relied heavily on athleticism to be great...and that's why assuming he's still got it is foolish. Nash doesn't rely on his athleticism as much. Nash's shooting, IQ and passing aren't diminishing as much with age as most of Iverson's abilities that made him great. Iverson relied upon athleticism a tremendous amount...that's why his falloff isn't stunning. Nash didn't.

Who cares if he was one of the "quickest" players in NBA history? He isn't any more, and that's a big reason why his play fell off (that and his ego). He wasn't much of an asset in 08-09 or 09-10.

The jersey sales argument is moot too: the money generated from jersey sales is evenly distributed among the league, with a small portion going to players. Iverson's team doesn't get all the money for Iverson's jersey sales. Financially, unless it boosts attendance, it's not gonna make a damn difference.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eibbor View Post
    wow with the lame mike james posts.... was a long time ago guys... more lame than, "u mad?"
    Says the guy with a "do not hit fire extinguisher" sig.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    u really need to figure out what really happened with AI before you ever comment about him again..
    IM al Ears.

I love hearing the most baffling excuses in the world.

vCash
    fixed the link

vCash
    its cool Hellcrooner. i dont talk to haters. letm hate.. but u dont see me in lbj or kobe threads bashing them in front of their fans..

Where Hoping AI Comes Back Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

vCash
    He shouldn't have to go to the D-League to be back in the NBA.

To the people saying he was all athleticism, how many extremely athletic players dominated a game like him? He might be a top 3 ball-handler of all-time, a very skilled passer, great at steals, etc. He'd still sacrifice his body. That would lead and fire up his teammates.

Jordan was still very athletic (not by NBA youth standards, but still) at the end of his career, I guess he was all athleticism too right? Iverson is a mix of high athleticism and high skill just like him.

Calling someone done is one of the most annoying things to read. People called Stackhouse done before he played this season even though when he was on the Bucks in 2010 he showed he could still play in the Playoffs.

Keep on dreaming that Iverson still can't play. I don't know if some of you even dislike him. You just like calling players that age done.
    Last edited by NetsPaint; 01-29-2013 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NetsPaint View Post
    He shouldn't have to go to the D-League to be back in the NBA.

To the people saying he was all athleticism, how many extremely athletic players dominated a game like him? He might be a top 3 ball-handler of all-time, a very skilled passer, great at steals, etc. He'd still sacrifice his body. That would lead and fire up his teammates.

Jordan was still very athletic (not by NBA youth standards, but still) at the end of his career, I guess he was all athleticism too right? Iverson is a mix of high athleticism and high skill just like him.

Calling someone done is one of the most annoying things to read. People called Stackhouse done before he played this season even though when he was on the Bucks in 2010 he showed he could still play in the Playoffs.

Keep on dreaming that Iverson still can't play. I don't know if some of you even dislike him. You just like calling players that age done.
    1. He did rely on athleticism and speed more so than Nash, and more so than most. It is what it is. Maybe he can still play, but he's not gonna be a tremendous asset.
    2. He played poorly in his waning years in the NBA.
    3. Jerry Stackhouse had a few good games, but is probably the worst player on his team. He sucked in the 2010 playoffs...I have no idea what you're talking about. Using Stack to suggest that AI can still contribute probably wasn't the best motive.

Maybe I'm wrong. I think ability is a big reason why he isn't in the NBA. Ego might be playing a role too.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Says the guy with a "do not hit fire extinguisher" sig.
    Notice how you get no response from him when you mention this

On topic: I'm not sure how I feel about Iverson playing again in the NBA. Part of me believes he can still ball, but I also feel like his time is up in the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    he made it clear he didn't want to be on someones bench few years ago. but now maybe....
    He made it clear he wanted to be on someones bench the year atfer that

2012 allstar

vCash
    Please AI, leave it alone. Don't tarnish your career by playing when you're too old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Are people actually comparing ai to mj?
    No-one did that.

1 person mentioned both that he loved watching the NBA for but ZERO comparison was made

vCash
    im sure he could still score 20+ on the bobcats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phlp_bj View Post
    im sure he could still score 20+ on the bobcats
    I doubt that. Hes done.

He still gets a sh~t ton of fan demand to come back and play ball but yeah its over imo

I could maybe see a scenario though where he comes of the bench for a few minutes a game when a team needs a perimiter threat or some additional offense but def not a premier starting job or heavy minutes
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 02-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Nuggets 2014-15 motto: Return to mediocrity

Hall & Oates - Melo come back
    Melo come back, any kind of intelligent fan could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Melo come back, you can blame it all George Karl
    He was wrong and I just can't live without you

vCash
    The fact is this: Iverson, today, is still better than a solid 10 percent of the NBA. Take a teams' 10 best players and Iverson might be better than one of them.
    If Iverson would not be the worst in a league or on a team then he can still play.

He's officially done when he's not better than the average 3rd string pg.

Iverson vs prigioni... I'd actually watch that.

vCash
    AI has obviously been blackballed from the league. There are scrub players that continue to make rosters all the time because their "good guys." With AI's rep nobody wants to touch him. I'd love to see him get another shot...

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast