Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flyer's Needs

vCash
    flyers NEED to let walker, lilja, leighton, boucher, shelley, sesito, rinaldo, fedotenko, timonen (unless we sign him for a reasonable cap hit), and knuble walk.

they NEED to free up some cap room via trade and buyout

need to add a top line scorer

a number 1 stud Dman

a Dman that can carry the puck

easier said then done.

vCash
    Yeah....we'd all love a million dollars, too. If we're not going to make a move for a top-tier player, we need to start drafting either a scorer or a defenseman.

On another note, Dougie Hamilton looks awesome for BOS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Yeah....we'd all love a million dollars, too. If we're not going to make a move for a top-tier player, we need to start drafting either a scorer or a defenseman.

On another note, Dougie Hamilton looks awesome for BOS.
    i dont think the fix of this team would be to hard.

this offseason will be crazy for all teams.....the way the buyout works is pretty cool...before you become a freeagent teams get to bid on the player and the highest bidder gets the player, now if no one bids on him then they become a free agent.

that could change though

vCash
    We need to figure out what scoring a goal looks like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    i dont think the fix of this team would be to hard.

this offseason will be crazy for all teams.....the way the buyout works is pretty cool...before you become a freeagent teams get to bid on the player and the highest bidder gets the player, now if no one bids on him then they become a free agent.that could change though
    I'd like to know where you heard this. That is how the NBA amnesty clause worked, but I haven't heard this for the NHL. As a matter of fact, I believe a player is put on waivers, not bid on, just as Gomez and Redden were. If the player passes waivers he is UFA, but I am not sure if the waivers was just used because they can't technically be bought out until next year or what.

I just can't see the NHLPA allowing player's contracts to be picked up by just anyone. For example. If the Flyers Buyout Briere, who has a NMC, then a team like Columbus who would have no chance to sign him, could claim him at his current salary, and Briere would have no choice but to play for them.... I just don't see that happening.

As a matter of fact, if that were the case, the Flyers could tell Briere or Bryz or whoever, "We plan to buy you out next season, you will have to pass through waivers and you can be claimed by any team, most likely the worst team in the league. Or we can set up a trade with a team you would be willing to go to today." So I just don't see this happening.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Flyers really need to address some changes to this team. I wonder if the Islanders would entertain on offer of Voracek for Okposo, Visnovsky, Nabakov, and thier 2nd rounder.

The idea, Voracek is better then Okposo, but Okposo could be the net front, shoot first forward this team needs. He is also half the cap hit of Voracek. You also get Visnovsky that Islanders can't even use, and Nabakov, while they have Dipietro. I know it would be tough to give Voracek up, but Okposo would help with that.

Read-Giroux-Okposo
    Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
    Talbot-Couturier-Fedotenko
    Sestito-Wellwood-Rinaldo

Timonen-Schenn
    Visnovsky-Coburn
    Grossmann-Gervais/Foster

Bryzgalov
    Nabakov

When Hartnell and Mez are back:

Briere-Giroux-Okposo
    Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
    Talbot-Couturier-Read
    Fedotenko-Wellwood-Rinaldo

Timonen-Schenn
    Visnovsky-Meszaros
    Grossmann-Coburn

Bryz
    Nabakov
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    I don't see much of a reason the Isles do that. Okposo isn't really any worse than Voracek, Viz ain't coming to America, and Nabokov is just more of the same issue we've had. He's also proven he's not always the "good soldier" when he's the backup. On top, they don't have a 2nd round, they gave it up for Viz to start.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Yeah NYI wouldn't do that lol...

We need to wonder why our team isn't playing the way it did last year....I mean Jagr and Harts accounted for a lot of points no doubt but not a hit like this.....take away the Florida game and we avg 1 goal a game....horrible.

Not to mention 2nd to last in face offs, dead last by a long shot on zone face offs, as well as setting a record all time for opposing team out shooting US WHEN WE'RE ON A FLIPPING POWER PLAY. that's just absolutely absurd.

We need a defensive point man so bad. Oh Pronger how I miss you on the pp even though it was short lived...

vCash
    Agreed 'faceoffs are so important and we have not addressed this problem in years...Oh and a point d-man and a sniper wouldnt hurt.Giroux is really the only real puck carrier we have and he has been having his own problems with turnovers.
    Last edited by FLYER-FAN; 01-30-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    I'd like to know where you heard this. That is how the NBA amnesty clause worked, but I haven't heard this for the NHL. As a matter of fact, I believe a player is put on waivers, not bid on, just as Gomez and Redden were. If the player passes waivers he is UFA, but I am not sure if the waivers was just used because they can't technically be bought out until next year or what.

I just can't see the NHLPA allowing player's contracts to be picked up by just anyone. For example. If the Flyers Buyout Briere, who has a NMC, then a team like Columbus who would have no chance to sign him, could claim him at his current salary, and Briere would have no choice but to play for them.... I just don't see that happening.

As a matter of fact, if that were the case, the Flyers could tell Briere or Bryz or whoever, "We plan to buy you out next season, you will have to pass through waivers and you can be claimed by any team, most likely the worst team in the league. Or we can set up a trade with a team you would be willing to go to today." So I just don't see this happening.

redden and gomez still count on their cap this season they allowed them to buy them out early. their hit still counts this season

http://capgeek.com/rangers
    http://capgeek.com/canadiens

the buyout rules are still going to be tweaked but this is the blueprint, but they are rumored to work almost identical to the NBA.
    Last edited by johnnyonthespot; 01-30-2013 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    see above
    Last edited by johnnyonthespot; 01-30-2013 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Flyers really need to address some changes to this team. I wonder if the Islanders would entertain on offer of Voracek for Okposo, Visnovsky, Nabakov, and thier 2nd rounder.
    That was a joke right? Okposo alone is better than Voracek. You seriously think the Islanders wouldn’t laugh Homer into retirement if he was serious offering that?!?!?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    That was a joke right? Okposo alone is better than Voracek. You seriously think the Islanders wouldn’t laugh Homer into retirement if he was serious offering that?!?!?!?
    Well then again they DID sign DiPietro to one of the worst contracts in sports history......sooooooooo...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    Was it a bogus offer, absolutely...Is Okposo better than Jake??? im not going to say a resounding yes...Okposo has struggled mightily at times and was the subject of many trade rumors due to his struggles. The kid is 24 and had 45 points last season...Jake had 49...two different kinds of players, but Jake has actually been more productive overall and is a year younger...So Im going to say Jake is the better player...but thats my opinion.

vCash
    I think the team could really use Rinaldo back in the lineup. Sure he doesn't bring scoring but he plays every shift with all the energy he has. The spark he brings could get the whole team moving and playing better. He even plays good defensive hockey too and will drop the gloves to get his team excited and wake them up when needed.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast