Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 317

Thread: Flyer's Needs

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,671
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by #14 View Post
    The Flyers need a legitimate number 1 d man.
    I dunno which games you have been watching but Luke Schenn for JVR was a STEAL....that kid is all over and now hes scoring too......oh man! Im not saying hes a #1 or anything like that but he sure is doing a damn good job.

    Oh yeah and a side note... piss on all of you that mocked me for wanting Keith Yandle...and saying no way you want to take on that 5.2 mill cap hit and hes not worth it. Wow so far hes carrying his team. Look like a nice 10 goal 30-40 assist season for him here, even in a short season damn.....

    Wish we could of got him on draft day last year ahhhhhh well.

    Listen in this league now a days all you need is just to get INTO THE PLAYOFFS....look at the Devils, FLA, LAK look at half of those teams last year that "upset" its not an upset.... Look what we did to Pittsburgh. We took out their at the time #1 player and pretty much owned them that whole series. 1 great defensive forward as a rookie got in the head of arguably the best player in the league.

    You need what I feel we have, a solid good of very good players. But I feel more of a LEADER on defense rather then a NO 1. I mean Kimmo is Kimmo, man of few words... Pronger talked then walked his talk too....we need that.

    And Giroux paired with Bobby Ryan / Getz / Perry gives me some serious chubb..

    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    If they do buy out Bryz I hope they make a run at Thomas Greiss
    ^^^ yes i like this idea if the Bryz buyout is an option

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    I dunno which games you have been watching but Luke Schenn for JVR was a STEAL....that kid is all over and now hes scoring too......oh man! Im not saying hes a #1 or anything like that but he sure is doing a damn good job.

    Oh yeah and a side note... piss on all of you that mocked me for wanting Keith Yandle...and saying no way you want to take on that 5.2 mill cap hit and hes not worth it. Wow so far hes carrying his team. Look like a nice 10 goal 30-40 assist season for him here, even in a short season damn.....

    Wish we could of got him on draft day last year ahhhhhh well.

    Listen in this league now a days all you need is just to get INTO THE PLAYOFFS....look at the Devils, FLA, LAK look at half of those teams last year that "upset" its not an upset.... Look what we did to Pittsburgh. We took out their at the time #1 player and pretty much owned them that whole series. 1 great defensive forward as a rookie got in the head of arguably the best player in the league.

    You need what I feel we have, a solid good of very good players. But I feel more of a LEADER on defense rather then a NO 1. I mean Kimmo is Kimmo, man of few words... Pronger talked then walked his talk too....we need that.

    And Giroux paired with Bobby Ryan / Getz / Perry gives me some serious chubb..
    The Flyers lack a PMD which they need.

    Luke Schenn is not a #1 d man 6 games doesn't change who he is.

    Timonen looks bad and could be leaving after this season.

    LOS ANGELES KINGS
    #1 d man - Doughty... Top 10 d man
    #1 center - Kopitar... Top 10 center
    #1 goalie - Quick... Top 10 goalie (top 3)

    Top 6

    Brown
    Kopitar
    Williams
    Richards
    Carter
    Penner

    Outside of the lazy Penner, that's a pretty good top 6.

    They have a top 5 defense in the league with a Norris candidate leading the way and a Vezina caliber goalie in net.

    The Kings underperformed during the regular season anyway. They should have made the playoffs a lot more easily.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    639
    vCash
    1500
    Everyone take a breathe. Were 6 games into the season only. Give the team time to skate together. Everyone knew we weren't going to win the division. As some people said, just get into the playoffs and go from there.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    624
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    I dunno which games you have been watching but Luke Schenn for JVR was a STEAL....that kid is all over and now hes scoring too......oh man! Im not saying hes a #1 or anything like that but he sure is doing a damn good job.

    Oh yeah and a side note... piss on all of you that mocked me for wanting Keith Yandle...and saying no way you want to take on that 5.2 mill cap hit and hes not worth it. Wow so far hes carrying his team. Look like a nice 10 goal 30-40 assist season for him here, even in a short season damn.....

    Wish we could of got him on draft day last year ahhhhhh well.

    Listen in this league now a days all you need is just to get INTO THE PLAYOFFS....look at the Devils, FLA, LAK look at half of those teams last year that "upset" its not an upset.... Look what we did to Pittsburgh. We took out their at the time #1 player and pretty much owned them that whole series. 1 great defensive forward as a rookie got in the head of arguably the best player in the league.

    You need what I feel we have, a solid good of very good players. But I feel more of a LEADER on defense rather then a NO 1. I mean Kimmo is Kimmo, man of few words... Pronger talked then walked his talk too....we need that.

    And Giroux paired with Bobby Ryan / Getz / Perry gives me some serious chubb..


    I agree and I've always like Yandle. Also got bashed for saying we should make a push for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by #14 View Post

    Luke Schenn is not a #1 d man
    .
    Learn to read. See above in bold.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    My Solutions:
    1) Trade for Visnovsky. Offer NYI the same pick they sent to Anahiem for him under the condition he comes back and plays, otherwise, drop the pick down to a 5th rouder or so. Make them take a minor leaguer to open the roster space.

    2) Sign Dwayne Roloson. He is old, but he backstopped Tampa all the way to conference finals 2 years ago. He has to be better then Leighton. If he isn't good to go get Alex Auld, Marty Turco, Antero Niitymaki, or Ty Conklin.

    3) Sign Petr Sykora. Last year this guy has 20+ goals and still doesn't have an NHL Job? Sign him up.

    Read-Giroux-Simmonds
    Schenn-Briere-Knuble
    Sykora-Couturier-Voracek
    Redotenko-Talbot-Rinaldo/McGinn/Wellwood

    Timonen-Schenn
    Grossmann-Coburn
    Visnovsky-Gervais/Foster
    If he would come back and play, That might be the best idea I have ever heard.

    lol bryz

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by #14 View Post
    The Flyers lack a PMD which they need.

    Luke Schenn is not a #1 d man 6 games doesn't change who he is.

    Timonen looks bad and could be leaving after this season.

    LOS ANGELES KINGS
    #1 d man - Doughty... Top 10 d man
    #1 center - Kopitar... Top 10 center
    #1 goalie - Quick... Top 10 goalie (top 3)

    Top 6

    Brown
    Kopitar
    Williams
    Richards
    Carter
    Penner

    Outside of the lazy Penner, that's a pretty good top 6.

    They have a top 5 defense in the league with a Norris candidate leading the way and a Vezina caliber goalie in net.

    The Kings underperformed during the regular season anyway. They should have made the playoffs a lot more easily.
    If he plays like he did in the playoffs's he's a great top 6 FRWD

    lol bryz

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    If he plays like he did in the playoffs's he's a great top 6 FRWD
    True but at this moment he seems completely lazy and has been scratched several times.

    LA has one of the best top 6 in the league. There are a few better but they are so complete. They weren't your typical 8th seed an were projected to go deep into the playoffs before the season started. Underperforming and sneaking in is a lot different than having major holes and sneaking in.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,671
    vCash
    1500
    Listen I'm not here to not read what you write, quote you on it then bash you for arguing on something that you were agreeing with all along because you were reading what I wrote wrong....just seems pretty immature....we're all Flyers fans are we not?

    We know our holes and our weakness's. I'm simply saying we're not as bad as what your making it seem...we're not desperate. Or at least that's the feeling I'm getting. Again like I have said before and like another said. We're only 6 games in...we went out and signed Webber to and OS isn't that telling enough. We tried to inquire in Perry...that's tells me that Homer knows what he's doing....and I'll do what I do best...cotinue to gossip about it and root for them all the way to hopefully another flyers post season

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,535
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Thank you for translating my post for the ADD readers.
    if i'm the flyers ... and if kimo doesn't resign for cheap, i'm getting out of the Hartnell contract (5million per ... and it ends when he is 36/37 ... oh brother that is going to hurt us)

    Kimo comes off the books this season
    Mez comes off the books after next season
    Briere comes off the books after the 2014/2015 season (i might try to buy him out after this season, but if we keep him this off-season ... he is ours until the end of his deal, b/c you have to keep briere in a contract year)
    Last edited by castan_b; 01-29-2013 at 12:38 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,671
    vCash
    1500
    Why are we talking about who's coming off next year? I've waiting a long time to talk about CURRENT hockey! Lol

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    2,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I don't know....this amnesty buy out this summer offers us a unique opportunity to re-tool the team. The fact that Briere's actual salary is not even 1/3 of his cap hit makes him an ideal candidate to get bought out. I know all the love for Danny and his playoff performance and yadda yadda.........but the test is this........Given the last 5 years on his body of work would you give Briere a 6.5 million contract to play for the next 2 years here? .....I'd like to think that as much as we like the guy that would be a NO. The same situation for Bryz....sure he can prove he's a good goaltender this year.....but again, do you really want to risk the next SIX years of being locked into his cap hit regardless of WHAT he does? Maybe he can play goal, but the fact he's nuttier than a squirrel turd makes that a risky venture...........

    Buyout Briere, Buyout Bryz and Kimo's contract expires at the end of this year...............that's 18 MILLION in cap space to spend.....You can do a lot with that. Granted some of that will get burned up with raises to other players, but spend that remainder wisely and you can pick up a bona fide stud of a player......
    Here is the key. You don't have to buyout either player next year. You can wait till the following year to buy them out. So you dont have to buy these guys out until you have a solid plan or replacement for them. Since the best UFA goalies next year are Backstrom and Nabakov then keep Bryz 1 more year until Lundquist, Miller, Kiprusoff, Halak, Crawford, Vokoun, and Hiller are UFA's. Unless you are going to make a major run at Semin, Getzlaf, Perry, or Iginla next year, wait to buyout Briere for 2014 when you need to resign Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Read, and Meszaros. And if you ahve any money left over you can target Phaneuf, Thornton, Malkin, Heatley, Gaborik, or Vanek.

    2014 is definately the year to save your money for. So no need to buy them out now.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    2,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Why are we talking about who's coming off next year? I've waiting a long time to talk about CURRENT hockey! Lol
    I dont know about you, but I have been waiting 3 years for Jody Shelly's contract to run out.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,535
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    I dont know about you, but I have been waiting 3 years for Jody Shelly's contract to run out.
    amen

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,671
    vCash
    1500
    Matt Walker??? Lol

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Matt Walker??? Lol
    Andreas Lilja? Michael Leighton?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •