With the injuries coming in, and the team's play so far, there are a couple of needs I think the Flyers need to fix.
1) First thing they need is a mobil defenseman that can shoot and pass the puck. I thought I would never say this, but I am begining to miss Carle. But not much. PK Subban would be a perfect long-term fix, but not if the cost is too high. The Flyers should be able to get away with getting a vet like Visnozsky for the season.
2) Back-up goalie. I, along with everyone else, was puzzled when the Flyers decided Leighton would be the back-up goalie this season. He's not an NHL goalie, and he has no business on this team. We need to find someone that can fill in for Bryz for spot duty. Not Leighton, not Boucher, not some unknown goalie. Bryz has been great so far this year, for now we don't need to look for the "next" goalie like Markstrom or Bernier.
3) Scoring Winger. Way at the bottom of the list would be a scoring winger. We might have to trade some wing depth to get the above 2 needs. Knuble was a great pick-up already. Someone that goes to the net and squeeze the "pass first" pimple off these kids arsses. Sign another guy just like him. Boy I miss Jagr.
1) Trade for Visnovsky. Offer NYI the same pick they sent to Anahiem for him under the condition he comes back and plays, otherwise, drop the pick down to a 5th rouder or so. Make them take a minor leaguer to open the roster space.
2) Sign Dwayne Roloson. He is old, but he backstopped Tampa all the way to conference finals 2 years ago. He has to be better then Leighton. If he isn't good to go get Alex Auld, Marty Turco, Antero Niitymaki, or Ty Conklin.
3) Sign Petr Sykora. Last year this guy has 20+ goals and still doesn't have an NHL Job? Sign him up.
Last edited by Youarewrong; 01-28-2013 at 11:49 AM.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"