Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I see people on Gio for possible doping. I wouldn't get so carried away with pointing fingers, no telling who else might be on that list! The Mets have had there share of minor league players caught.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Please let us know if, 1) You've come across a particular potent stash and 2) if you don't mind sharing.
    OF COURSE!! (Bane voice)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    I see people on Gio for possible doping. I wouldn't get so carried away with pointing fingers, no telling who else might be on that list! The Mets have had there share of minor league players caught.
    As far as I'm concerned, anyone in professional sports who is accused of doping is guilty until proven innocent. I've yet to see anyone accused who turned out to be clean. Even Ryan Braun was guilty. They just let him off with a technicality which was unfortunate.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Longtime Met fan, that finally became fed up:

I've been a Met fan for a long while and it aint been no easy ride. Being a Met fan in Alabama aint no easy task LoL. Last offseason I had my breaking point. I couldn't keep supporting the owners we have running this team. Buying Mets gear, watching the Mets, etc; all of this was making money for the clowns that run this organization SMH. I want to root for the Mets, but to me these owners just make all us look silly. It's like we are more invested in what it will take to make the Mets winners, than the owners are. With the owners we have and the guys as a whole that run this organization, what realistic expectations should I have for this organization..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    70-75 wins this year with the hope that they spend money next offseason when payroll becomes minimal.

That's where we are..

The Mets have pieces though, if they build around those pieces things can change quickly.

vCash
    I think what people forget is although we are losing, we are acquiring quality trade pieces here in all the minor league pitching depth we have.

A lot of teams in baseball have very minimal minor league depth which inhibits their ability to make deals.

The Mets should have that ability over the next 2-3 years to significantly improve their roster.

vCash
    Steadily lowering payroll, and steadily losing even more ground to the Braves and Nats. The positives are still outweighed by the negatives for this team. It's ok people wanking themselves dry over 3-4 top prospects, but i'm interested in the Mets winning, and 3-4 top prospects is nowhere near enough.

We still we haven't got a team that capable of getting to .500, never mind the post-season.

The Mets have to start spending serious money very quickly for me to alter my perception. To me, this is still all about slashing payroll, and not about winning the World Series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Longtime Met fan, that finally became fed up:

I've been a Met fan for a long while and it aint been no easy ride. Being a Met fan in Alabama aint no easy task LoL. Last offseason I had my breaking point. I couldn't keep supporting the owners we have running this team. Buying Mets gear, watching the Mets, etc; all of this was making money for the clowns that run this organization SMH. I want to root for the Mets, but to me these owners just make all us look silly. It's like we are more invested in what it will take to make the Mets winners, than the owners are. With the owners we have and the guys as a whole that run this organization, what realistic expectations should I have for this organization?
    I've often felt this way. As fans, we don't care how much money the team makes or loses, just as long as they win. As owners, they can be forgiven for caring more about how much money the team makes than about whether the team wins.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I criticize when criticism is due.

But this, in my opinion, is not the time to lose faith in this team.

If for no other reason than the young talent, specifically pitching talent, that has been amassed in the majors and high level minors, this team will have a legitimate chance in the next couple of years to be exciting to watch, and a possible contender.

A few good moves, and a couple of breaks our way, and this can be fun.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    ^^Your sig says all that needs to be said..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    My sig is the historical truth, and my own personal comic relief.

That doesn't mean I'm going to lose all faith in this team being worth watching. There is a good amount of talent on this team. I really feel they are a couple of decent players away from being able to challenge for a wildcard spot. I feel the young pitching has the chance to keep them in the hunt, and turn the organization around.

That doesn't mean I think it's ok to do nothing to improve the deficiencies on the team. Few people here have argued in favor of signing Bourn more than I have. But I think overall, for the first time in some years, I have some honest faith that this team is in the midst of something good happening.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    My sig is the historical truth, and my own personal comic relief.

That doesn't mean I'm going to lose all faith in this team being worth watching. There is a good amount of talent on this team. I really feel they are a couple of decent players away from being able to challenge for a wildcard spot. I feel the young pitching has the chance to keep them in the hunt, and turn the organization around.

That doesn't mean I think it's ok to do nothing to improve the deficiencies on the team. Few people here have argued in favor of signing Bourn more than I have. But I think overall, for the first time in some years, I have some honest faith that this team is in the midst of something good happening.
    It's over Gotta. It's all over. Yes, it's over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_08gchS8k

vCash
    I have the sudden urge to call up ex-girlfriends and break up with them again.

Good thing my wife doesn't read this forum.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I have the sudden urge to call up ex-girlfriends and break up with them again.

Good thing my wife doesn't read this forum.
    Well if you do, you might want to play this song shortly after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26J0uDIGErM

You know, I don't miss the 70s one single solitary bit.

vCash
    I think you should post a pic of yourself in your favorite perm and bellbottoms.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast