Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    If we add Bourn and Wilson and Johan stays healthy, I like our chances to get 80-85 wins a lot
    Don't most people expect us to currently be about a 70 win team? I don't see how Bourn and Wilson will add 10-15 wins. Maybe if we add Bourn this yr and someone like Pence next yr, and fix that bullpen, then we'll be talkin.

vCash
    I think many here have forgotten what the term "Mets fan" actually means, or perhaps you've never really experienced it. And if I have to sit here and explain it, then you're totally clueless. You might as well be Yankee fans. My take is that METMANYAK has been a loyal Mets fan since long before most of you have been on this earth. You might disagree with his assessment and his enthusiasm, but don't mock him. Because as a true Mets fan, he's one up on most of you. Let's go Mets.

vCash
    We all have expectations, its just that some of them are lower then others. By the way, did you see the outfield Atlanta has, or wow look at the pitching Washington has. Hence the expectations, being realistic. Writers last year were pretty much spot on about the Mets. I'm saying middle of pack and thats optimistic!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    I love this game, and can't wait to see the green grass and the diamond and the first sip of the $8.00 beer. The greatest show on earth!
    I could of sworn beers at Citi were $10?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    I think many here have forgotten what the term "Mets fan" actually means, or perhaps you've never really experienced it. And if I have to sit here and explain it, then you're totally clueless. You might as well be Yankee fans. My take is that METMANYAK has been a loyal Mets fan since long before most of you have been on this earth. You might disagree with his assessment and his enthusiasm, but don't mock him. Because as a true Mets fan, he's one up on most of you. Let's go Mets.

Are you really suggesting that those of us who regularly post during the winter on the meassage board of what is likely a 70 win team are not real Mets fans? C'mon man. Being a fan does not mean you have to be delusional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Until the Mets improve the bullpen and the outfield, I don't see how any "realistic" fan can believe this team will sniff more than 80 wins. Yes our infield is very solid and only getting better. Yes, we have some great young arms coming up thru the system. Yes TDA should be an exciting player. I'm just looking forward to the development of these guys and I'm looking forward to 2014.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

vCash
    Mets signed Red Sox Reliever Scott Atchison RHP to a minors deal. He was pretty solid last year before an elbow injury. He says he is throwing pain free after electing to not have surgery and let it heal.

Sox fans loved this guy. Who knows?

vCash
    My expectations are the most realist , nothing fake about em.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Don't most people expect us to currently be about a 70 win team? I don't see how Bourn and Wilson will add 10-15 wins. Maybe if we add Bourn this yr and someone like Pence next yr, and fix that bullpen, then we'll be talkin.
    I'd say that adding Marcum makes the drop from Dickey bearable. We inproved the team just by getting of Bay, and many of our players are coming off down years.

Adding Bourn adds at least 5 wins, and if Wilson pitches close to vintage Wilson he will help out a lot. Probably around an 80 win team with the chance for more or less.

vCash
    Gio Gonzalez is linked to a PED clinic.. i hope he's found doping

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ami-ped-clinic
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    Gio Gonzalez is linked to a PED clinic.. i hope he's found doping

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ami-ped-clinic
    Yeah if they find any tangible evidence he bought from that clinic, he can be suspended the first 50 games as they don't need a failed drug test to do so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hancing-drugs/

Hialeah-native Gonzalez appears less specifically, mentioned five times in Bosch’s notebooks, according to the report, including a specific 2012 annotation that referred to an order of “Zinc/MIC/…and Aminorip” for $1,000. It’s immediately unclear which of those substances is banned and what ingredients they contain. According to the report, Aminorip is a muscle-building protein.
    It's going to be tough to prove though with just notebooks as evidence.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah if they find any tangible evidence he bought from that clinic, he can be suspended the first 50 games as they don't need a failed drug test to do so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hancing-drugs/

It's going to be tough to prove though with just notebooks as evidence.

Yea, but i would love to see this come to fruition. Gio a cheater would be great news. That rotation would suffer losing a 15+ game winner for a 1/3 of the season. It would be Stras + Zimmerman and an aging/ineffective Haren holding the fort down.

The Mets starters could definitely match up well against the Nats rotation, as I think they do currently anyways. Just add Bourn to the lineup, and breakout year from Duda, and the 2013 Mets can be competitive.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    We're all true Met fans, even if we have as many different ways to express our emotions as we have opinions ourselves.

Yes, I was guilty of mocking the poster but I hope it was taken in the spirit it was intended: just a nonsensical remark.

But here's the thing: When you offer an opinion that most feel to be radical and far fetched, you open yourself for ridicule. Early in 2010 i suggested Jose Reyes bat 8th for a while. The very next game, batting leadoff, he got 4 hits and ther entire room had a field day at my expense. That's just how it goes.

The poster set himself up for ridicule by suggesting this team that most of us feel is about a 70-75 win team might actually be competitive.

If he's wrong, he'll take a hit. If he turns out to be right, he'll have the last laugh on all of us. But here's the the thing: I guarantee you there isn't one person in this room who wouldn't mind taking that hit if it means the Mets will win.

Sigh.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    We're all true Met fans, even if we have as many different ways to express our emotions as we have opinions ourselves.

Yes, I was guilty of mocking the poster but I hope it was taken in the spirit it was intended: just a nonsensical remark.

But here's the thing: When you offer an opinion that most feel to be radical and far fetched, you open yourself for ridicule. Early in 2010 i suggested Jose Reyes bat 8th for a while. The very next game, batting leadoff, he got 4 hits and ther entire room had a field day at my expense. That's just how it goes.

The poster set himself up for ridicule by suggesting this team that most of us feel is about a 70-75 win team might actually be competitive.

If he's wrong, he'll take a hit. If he turns out to be right, he'll have the last laugh on all of us. But here's the the thing: I guarantee you there isn't one person in this room who wouldn't mind taking that hit if it means the Mets will win.

Sigh.
    Something tells me I'll be taking lots of hits of something this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Something tells me I'll be taking lots of hits of something this summer.
    Please let us know if, 1) You've come across a particular potent stash and 2) if you don't mind sharing.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast