Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Not sure which is more concerning: Your refusal to see reality or your refusal to use paragraphs.
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    I think many here have forgotten what the term "Mets fan" actually means, or perhaps you've never really experienced it. And if I have to sit here and explain it, then you're totally clueless. You might as well be Yankee fans. My take is that METMANYAK has been a loyal Mets fan since long before most of you have been on this earth. You might disagree with his assessment and his enthusiasm, but don't mock him. Because as a true Mets fan, he's one up on most of you. Let's go Mets.

Thank you Voodoo child, although i'm used to being mocked I'm married with children

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Why can't our top three starters all go something like 14-11 and Marcum and Gee 12-9? Add in 3 wins from Wheeler and 3 more spot start wins from Mejia, Familia and Hefner and that's 72 wins. If the pen goes .500 the team wins 87 games and has a shot to make a July move to make a run at the wild card. If we get 25 80 .265 from Duda and 15 70 .270 25 SBs from the Nieieenhuis/Cowgill platoon and add one more solid outfielder (Bourn)? and a decent performance out of the new pen and why not contend this year?
    There is no basis for believing that a win total a pitcher achieved for one team will have anything to do with the total he'll achieve for another team unless you can argue that his new team will play on a par with his old team.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think it's a 77-80 win team right now, 82-85 wins if they add Bourn.
    And that's a pretty significant difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah that's why I'm in favor of Bourn.

Not signing him though certainly doesn't hurt the team any long term. There will be other options in 2014. I can understand there, you're better off with the draft pick, so I can understand if that's the route they want to go. But for me, signing him does make 2013 a heck of a lot more interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Significant enough to offer the guy a multiyear deal? With how tough the NL East is, I don't think that's worth it at all. I'd rather wait a year when this team can actually make a run (potentially) and spend on an OF then.

vCash
    You know, those numbers really are possible for Wright, Davis and Murphy. They're all capable of those numbers. Its the rest of the team that worries me. Like our outfield, or lack thereof

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Significant enough to offer the guy a multiyear deal? With how tough the NL East is, I don't think that's worth it at all. I'd rather wait a year when this team can actually make a run (potentially) and spend on an OF then.
    The NL east is a little overrated. The Braves and Nats are strong, but the Phillies are nothing special, and the Marlins suck.

It's hard to do it all in one year, and having Bourn would mean we have one less hole to fill in 2014.

vCash
    The people who are thinking that the Mets will fill all the holes we have next Winter and then we'll contend in 2014 are dreaming, the Mets never fill more than 1-2 holes per off-season, if that.

This team won 74 games last year, the Mets response has been to spend a whopping $4M on new talent in FA and sign 11 minor league players. Since they have had the Upton wild goose choose, and now they're after Bourn by putting two massive obstacles in their own way in doing so.

They look like a team just wasting time until P and C's. Minimal outlay on NEW talent. Job done.

vCash
    How many holes do we really have?

An OF and a bullpen?

The bullpen isn't really even an issue because we have yet to see them pitch. They have good pieces in Atchison, Edgin, and Parnell. Hawkins was still effective last year and they are looking to add a closing alternative. The Mets also have other pieces internally they can turn to as well.

I am confident D'Arnaud, Wheeler, and Harvey are the real deal, the INF is pretty good, and the rotation with those guys and what we have should be a strength.

The only definitive thing you can say about this team about this year and going forward is the OF sucks but that can be fixed.

I understand being down on ownership but this isn't a bare bones roster.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-02-2013 at 02:30 PM.

vCash
    The BP isn't an issue?

Ok.

There's 3 holes in the OF...

You talk as if this team is a challenger already. They won 74 games last year were lucky to do so. We've lost an ace, don't pretend that's losing nothing. Edgin? how many innings has he pitched? Atchison and Hawkins are really old...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The BP isn't an issue?

Ok.

There's 3 holes in the OF...

You talk as if this team is a challenger already. They won 74 games last year were lucky to do so. We've lost an ace, don't pretend that's losing nothing. Edgin? how many innings has he pitched? Atchison and Hawkins are really old...
    How is the bullpen an issue?

Atchison was very good last year, Parnell was good, Hawkins was still effective and their other pieces are young.

Are you giving up on Edgin, Familia, and Mejia already?

I am sure they will bring another closer in here before ST considering the market is drying up for RP.

I am not making them as anything, i've stated plenty of times they are exactly what they were last year (70-75 wins) but give me a break they aren't the Houston Astros. They have solid pieces both at the major league level and the minor league level with 2 potential aces and a potential perennial all star catcher.

As for the OF if they get two quality ones in the next 12 months, that issue will be mostly addressed.

Every team has weaknesses.

What are you hoping for an all star at every position?

Baseball doesn't work that way..
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How is the bullpen an issue?

Atchison was very good last year, Parnell was good, Hawkins was still effective and their other pieces are young.

Are you giving up on Edgin, Familia, and Mejia already?

I am sure they will bring another closer in here before ST considering the market is drying up for RP.

I am not making them as anything, i've stated plenty of times they are exactly what they were last year (70-75 wins) but give me a break they aren't the Houston Astros. They have solid pieces both at the major league level and the minor league level with 2 potential aces and a potential perennially all star catcher.

As for the OF if they get two quality ones in the next 12 months, that issue will be mostly addressed.

Every team has weaknesses.

What are you hoping for an all star at every position?

Baseball doesn't work that way..

They had the worst BP in baseball last year!!!

We'll see how good these arms you're so confident are...you call BP's a crapshoot, but you're sure ours will be good? a contradiction no?

You're sure they'll bring in another closer? why?

If they have 3 holes in the OF how will getting two OF'ers fix that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They had the worst BP in baseball last year!!!

We'll see how good these arms you're so confident are...you call BP's a crapshoot, but you're sure ours will be good? a contradiction no?

You're sure they'll bring in another closer? why?

If they have 3 holes in the OF how will getting two OF'ers fix that?
    They are a crapshoot but this is entirely different bullpen than last year. They aren't even finished constructing it yet either and i haven't my career evaluations on Familia, Mejia, and Edgin quite yet (unlike you).

The market is going dry for relief pitching, out of Cordero, Valverde, and K-Rod i am sure one of them will be in a Met's uniform.

Getting two solid OF can help this team dramatically.

How many teams have the Braves or Angels OF?

You keep making it like we have holes everywhere. They have a solid INF, a solid rotation, a bullpen that we have yet to see, and the only obvious weakness being the OF.

All teams have question marks that doesn't change the fact that they can significantly improve the roster if they acquire 2 quality OFs.

vCash
    and i haven't my career evaluations on Familia, Mejia, and Edgin quite yet (unlike you).

I haven't done that at all....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast