Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Realistic Expectations

I am so tired of the assessments of our team being from a standpoint of being based on paranoid projections, as opposed to being realistically based on normal projections. DW is in his prime, he had no one on base last year still had 93 rbi, so a realistic assessment of DW this year would be 305. to .325 with 24-30hr & 100-120rbi. This is not something crazy, it's something logical. Ike, when we consider his profile, we saw the nice rookie explosion, then the big start in '11, then after a total bombast, hits 32 bombs. Realistic stat projections are 30-42 hrs, .260 & 100 plus rbi. There are people bailing out as I type here, but, this is what would be logical in the real world, not the Met world. We need to start thinking like that. God forbid I get people excited, but I think we should be. Davis is legit power, Wright is one helluva baseball player, Tejada's talents will improve because he is so fast inside and he's still growing physically. Murphy had a great year by 2nd base standards last year and maybe this will be the year where he does an Ellsbury and starts turning on fastballs and hitting for some power, even if not,.I see IMPROVED numbers from Murph and progress on defense. Duda can easily surprise with a 25/80/.260 and surprising aptitude(at best) in lf, that is all within reason. Platoons are highly underrated, they provide a strong output from each side of the plate. NY MET Icon Gil Hodges incorporated 5 platoons for the '69 Mets. It is rarely used these days because of salaries and player demands,. But when used properly it can be much more productive than a singular player. I'll stop here, we all know the pitching situation and we all know it's all about these young prospects that we've talked about for 3 years who will man our bullpen or infiltrate our rotation. If they perform up to the hype, as I see it, we're good, .How good? Not sure, but lets chill, watch and enjoy. I love this game, and can't wait to see the green grass and the diamond and the first sip of the $8.00 beer. The greatest show on earth!
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 01-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    I am so tired of the assessments of our team being from a standpoint of being based on paranoid projections, as opposed to being realistically based on normal projections. DW is in his prime, he had no one on base last year still had 93 rbi, so a realistic assessment of DW this year would be 305. to .325 with 24-30hr & 100-120rbi. This is not something crazy, it's something logical. Ike, when we consider his profile, we saw the nice rookie explosion, then the big start in '11, then after a total bombast, hits 32 bombs. Realistic stat projections are 30-42 hrs, .260 & 100 plus rbi. There are people bailing out as I type here, but, this is what would be logical in the real world, not the Met world. We need to start thinking like that. God forbid I get people excited, but I think we should be. Davis is legit power, Wright is one helluva baseball player, Tejada's talents will improve because he is so fast inside and he's still growing physically. Murphy had a great year by 2nd base standards last year and maybe this will be the year where he does an Ellsbury and starts turning on fastballs and hitting for some power, even if not,.I see IMPROVED numbers from Murph and progress on defense. Duda can easily surprise with a 25/80/.260 and surprising aptitude(at best) in lf, that is all within reason. Platoons are highly underrated, they provide a strong output from each side of the plate. NY MET Icon Gil Hodges incorporated 5 platoons for the '69 Mets. It is rarely used these days because of salaries and player demands,. But when used properly it can be much more productive than a singular player. I'll stop here, we all know the pitching situation and we all know it's all about these young prospects that we've talked about for 3 years who will man our bullpen or infiltrate our rotation. If they perform up to the hype, as I see it, we're good, .How good? Not sure, but lets chill, watch and enjoy. I love this game, and can't wait to see the green grass and the diamond and the first sip of the $8.00 beer. The greatest show on earth!
    A chance to go to the classics…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tu2eZpA4yo

vCash
    When I saw this thread title, i thought to myself, "oh good, someone's actually gonna post realistic expectations".

That turned out not to be the case here.

vCash
    Until the Mets improve the bullpen and the outfield, I don't see how any "realistic" fan can believe this team will sniff more than 80 wins. Yes our infield is very solid and only getting better. Yes, we have some great young arms coming up thru the system. Yes TDA should be an exciting player. I'm just looking forward to the development of these guys and I'm looking forward to 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    When I saw this thread title, i thought to myself, "oh good, someone's actually gonna post realistic expectations".

That turned out not to be the case here.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I guess we're making the playoffs.......
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    A chance to go to the classics…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tu2eZpA4yo
    Beat me to it.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Beat me to it.
    I just happened to be reading at the time. No need to cede your well earned crown.

vCash
    Not sure which is more concerning: Your refusal to see reality or your refusal to use paragraphs.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    In all fairness, the Mets do have some positives to drive them, such as Wright, Davis, some young arms, and heck, even Daniel Murphy has something to offer.

That's what makes it so frustrating. The talent they have will be swallowed up by their endless holes. This wouldn't have happened if Sandy Alderson would have fixed these holes. At least just a few of them anyway.

Sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0I2ZrBuFdQ

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Didnt they get rid of Manny Acosta?

vCash
    Just so happens im listening to some early, early Beatles, "Some other guy now." Raw but awesome.

vCash
    If we add Bourn and Wilson and Johan stays healthy, I like our chances to get 80-85 wins a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Not sure which is more concerning: Your refusal to see reality or your refusal to use paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast