Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

DMC: Devil May Cry

Being a pretty big fan of the original series, I was pretty skeptical when i first heard about the reboot. Actually, upset is a more accurate description. Im about 3 hours in and gotta say i made a big fuss for nothing because this game is great so far. Im loving the re-invented DMC universe and the visuals are incredible. They stayed true to a lot of the DMC basics (Combos, etc) and refined everything else. Anyone else a DMC fan and had a chance to give this a try yet? thoughts?

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Huge fan of DMC original series, and I've heard many negative things about this reboot from sites I trust far more than reviewers.

Seems short and simplistic/streamlined. Odds are I'll try it eventually but my enthusiasm is non-existent for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Huge fan of DMC original series, and I've heard many negative things about this reboot from sites I trust far more than reviewers.

Seems short and simplistic/streamlined. Odds are I'll try it eventually but my enthusiasm is non-existent for it.
    What are some of the negatives out of curiousity?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    What are some of the negatives out of curiousity?
    Easy difficulty, length (8hours including cutscenes), simplified combos, relaxed scoring system, and try-hard plot thats only mediocre

vCash
    Game was amazing. Love the variety of weapons and the presentation is amazing. Especially the club level. Story was alright, Dante is still a badass. Three complaints: Bosses were too easy, Too short, and the prevalence of enemies that need a certain weapon to beat them. Other than that, great game. I mean cmon its pretty sick to have 10 weapons at your disposal.

Credit to BurnOutBrighter from NeoGAF for the pic.

vCash
    Easy difficulty, length (8hours including cutscenes), simplified combos, relaxed scoring system, and try-hard plot thats only mediocre
    Easy Difficulty : Cant Comment too much on it cause im not that far yet. Could be a legitimate gripe. Ill let ya know once i switch to playing on the hardest level.

Length: Never really been a strong point of DMC in my opinion as far as main stories go. The real value for them has always been the replayability imo (harder difficulties, side missions, high scores, etc)

Scoring System: Not sure but i have heard the score is scaled differently depending on what difficulty you use? Will have to look into it.

Plot: Not gonna lie, Im really liking the plot so far. But i admit fully im easily entertained.

Some definite positives i can give you are the visuals and level design. you can also control the camera which is a huge plus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Game was amazing. Love the variety of weapons and the presentation is amazing. Especially the club level. Story was alright, Dante is still a badass. Three complaints: Bosses were too easy, Too short, and the prevalence of enemies that need a certain weapon to beat them. Other than that, great game. I mean cmon its pretty sick to have 10 weapons at your disposal.
    Story has never really been a huge highlight of these games imo. They have been solid but its not like they went from a FF7 quality story down to a pacman story line.

vCash
    Loved the demo. Especially the boss fight.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    His hair isn"t white

vCash
    Easy Difficulty : Cant Comment too much on it cause im not that far yet. Could be a legitimate gripe. Ill let ya know once i switch to playing on the hardest level.

Length: Never really been a strong point of DMC in my opinion as far as main stories go. The real value for them has always been the replayability imo (harder difficulties, side missions, high scores, etc)

Scoring System: Not sure but i have heard the score is scaled differently depending on what difficulty you use? Will have to look into it.

Plot: Not gonna lie, Im really liking the plot so far. But i admit fully im easily entertained.

Some definite positives i can give you are the visuals and level design. you can also control the camera which is a huge plus.
    Thanks for the info.

On the scoring system....I've heard it way way too easy to score high and SSS combos are a piece of cakes compared to DmC's of past.

I'll see when I play it myself eventually....

vCash
    Story has never really been a huge highlight of these games imo. They have been solid but its not like they went from a FF7 quality story down to a pacman story line.
    Completely agree they aren't the highlight, doesn't mean they can just mail it in though.

Again....ill have a better opinion when I play it myself

vCash
    Thanks for the info.

On the scoring system....I've heard it way way too easy to score high and SSS combos are a piece of cakes compared to DmC's of past.

I'll see when I play it myself eventually....
    Completely agree they aren't the highlight, doesn't mean they can just mail it in though.

Again....ill have a better opinion when I play it myself
    Just go into it with an open mind. I feel like a lot of the negativity towards the game so far is because people have gone into with their mind already made up. It is a reboot and VERY different in a lot of ways. But i feel like they stayed true to a lot of the main things that people loved about the original series.