Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think so. The NFL will realize that they are jeopardizing the NFL franchise and will eventually stop with all these dumb rules and such.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...exist-30-years

Do you agree with Pollard? Or is it a little bit exaggerated? I personally can't see a game this popular not being in existence, but I think the amount of changes taking place will definitely hurt the games popularity going forward.
    Disagree. As a parent of two young boys I couldn't be happier of these changes. Many, many parents feel the same way. We all love the sport of football but if there is a way to make it safer then in the long run it will benefit football in general.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Agree with him 100% ... it will be probably in the next 10-15 years

game has changed something in almost EVERY ASPECT

special teams
    defense
    offense
    and nothing good!
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect 30 years is a reasonable prediction.
    30 years ago was 1982. Wonder if anybody predicted back then what has occurred today in any walk of life. Hard to grasp 2042.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    30 years ago was 1982. Wonder if anybody predicted back then what has occurred today in any walk of life. Hard to grasp 2042.
    Well, he made the prediction and I agreed with him. So, now you have 2 people predicting it.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Disagree. As a parent of two young boys I couldn't be happier of these changes. Many, many parents feel the same way. We all love the sport of football but if there is a way to make it safer then in the long run it will benefit football in general.
    Not every fan sees it the same way. Obviously safety is a concern, but the frustration lies in the quality of the game. In the end, it's viewed as entertainment and many fans are sick of seeing flags thrown excessively and officiating having too much power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Well, he made the prediction and I agreed with him. So, now you have 2 people predicting it.
    Doubt the lawyers are wait to cash in after they retire and the players are dead. It doesn't appear too many are grasping what is happening here so throwing shiat against the wall to see what sticks is the solution. Send it into the abyss.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    As a society we really have to take a hard look at ourselves. People will accept injuries if that's the only way they can have the violence of football. Americans will support it, but the owners don't have the stomach for litigation, so they try to eliminate it. The NFL will be dead soon - it's dying now - but it can be replaced with a league that is truer to the sport. Don't take away the collisions, make them survivable.

vCash
    Too much money is at stake, there may be changes, but it won't stop the existence of the league.

vCash
    God, I hope not. This is the best sport in the world, as far as I'm concerned. It had better not go under

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Clearly you don't even know what the lawsuits are about as most of it has to do with getting medical assistance. Do you research anything????? No
    i know they wont have strong enough consequences to make the NFL disappear is less than ten years like you said
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i know they wont have strong enough consequences to make the NFL disappear is less than ten years like you said
    lunch must be over. Glad you know.

vCash
    People don't even think that things can thing.... Go back 30 years ago and boxing was the most viewed sport in the United States and the NFL wasn't even close. Fast forward 30 years later and the NFL is nearly bigger than all the other sports combined.... Seriously.

31 of the 32 highest rated television programs in 2012 were NFL games.

More people watched the Super Bowl in 2012 than voted in the Presidential Election.

The average NFL playoff game had higher ratings than the average World Series and NBA Finals game combined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...exist-30-years

Do you agree with Pollard? Or is it a little bit exaggerated? I personally can't see a game this popular not being in existence, but I think the amount of changes taking place will definitely hurt the games popularity going forward.
    I know it's dumb to comment before you read the links but I'm sure Mr. Pollard is a bit on a nut.

vCash
    As long as there is money to be made football will not go anywhere, take a look at tobacco, how many people has it killed? Still around

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast