Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    The biggest negative about the current gen is how xboxlive killed the community feel of online games. Never again will I ever experience a game like Socom 2/3 again.
    GET REKD NERD

huehuehue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    The biggest negative about the current gen is how xboxlive killed the community feel of online games. Never again will I ever experience a game like Socom 2/3 again.
    Yeah, thats true. Everyone (me included) is a scumbag to everyone, unless you are playing with people you know.
    You either suck, or are a nerd for being so good. Depending on whats convinient.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I mean, technically games are a lot better now, but can you really beat Pokemon Red, or even Tetris? CAN TETRIS REALLY BE BEAT? Is Demon's Souls the perfect game ever, by definition making this the perfect generation? These are all questions better left to men in ties.
    I definitely felt a sense of accomplishment when I beat Zelda 1 for NES or when I finally beat Mario 3. Games nowadays are a matter of when not if when it comes to beating them, mainly because you're able to save your progress, as well as a lot of additions that help cater to the more casual gaming crowd. I'm playing Dark Souls right now and while its without a doubt the hardest game I've played in a long time, you can definitely get around the difficulty with a little bit of patience and a whole lot of time put into leveling up your character. The same can't be said about Fester's Quests or Ghosts and Goblins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Maybe it's the graphics?? I agree, especially in fighting games. A second delay in fighting games makes them completely unplayable....yet many fighting games have **** netcode. I really like the competitive aspect of them but network limitations deter me from getting into them seriously.

Agreed on Witcher 2.

Yep. RPG's have turned into action/shooting games with RPG elements. No game does turn based combat anymore out of a VERY select few. I understand it's outdated to an extent, but it still can be innovated upon as I have seen of recent games I've played.

I dont mind the graphics too much when I do go back and play older games. I can play a game from 1999 (Monster Rancher 2) and still enjoy it. Early 3D was TRASH though. I remember the 3DX or whatever it was called that had Virtua Fighter on it. Dear god....

Agreed(again). Most were designed to be quarter munchers to max profit. The babbys first videogame levels of difficulty (I'm looking at you Assassins Creed) still really turn me off, and when games try to be "hardcore" and put in a harder difficulty it's usually just doubling the HP of the same guys you just fought(Skyrim is a culprit of this). Then I play games like Dark Souls, CS:GO(when playing against legit people), P4 Golden on very hard, and Starcraft 2(again, when playing against someone good), various fighting games online, and I realize those same games ARE out there, just gotta look a bit harder.
    It shouldn't be because that information is, or should be, client side. Maybe there is more data sent now and maybe they trying to hard to normalize Ping. Or it's just often not a focus of the developers, Games that forgo dedicated servers and only run on matchmaking can also be a reason for that.

Oh I think Action-Adventures are also moving to more and more action oriented gameplay, or look at Dead Space 3, Resident Evil. It seems shooting stuff sells a lot of games

Oh i don't have much trouble with older graphics, but the early 3D stuff is just too ugly. Limbs that are made of a handfull of polygons and joints that are just loose connections between the polygon sticks, no textures to speak of, that is just ugly. A 16bit 2d game can still look beautiful today.

The issue with difficulties is not really a new problem, what did the older shooters do? You just got less ammunition, Enemies had more HP and medkits were rare. Or in RTS games the AI just cheated with resources and build times. On the other hand it's relatively easy to make a challenging platformer or 2d shooter where it's all about patterns. That's why I like XCOM:EU on the high difficulties the game really stacks the deck against you but that's okay because you have to fight a alien invasion on limited resources, add to that perma death for your squad members and a game mode where only one save is allowed with auto save on.

I really hope that a new console generation get's the studios again to experiment more with their concepts, but maybe it's just gotten to big to allow for such things on Triple AAA titles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11:25246599
    Yeah, I feel you there. There was just something about the ps2 SOCOM games man. Sorta like what others had touched on with CS is exactly what I got from SOCOM games. My friends & I had a group of random guys from Texas we would play with regularly. We weren't even in the same country as them & yet I felt a connection to them just through a game. I mean, from s2 until Combined Assault we would run together... thats a decent chunk of time. Hell, on CA we would just play Citadel 24/7 but it was a BLAST.

Maybe it was just a more mature community or something, but I can't even play a shooter on my xbox without muting the whole lobby first because people are just annoying twats online now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123