Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I don't think that's the case at all, he was the focus of other teams all season. Last night he had 1 guy on him the entire game and was lining up wider then he did for us, naturally giving him the advantage.
    Im sorry but JPPs effort was absurdly inconsistent despite the increased attention. It was painful to watch. He was not the same player as his rookie year where his effort singlehandedly won a Cowboys game that was essential to making the playoffs. I love JPP and hope he improves, he's one of my favorite players, but that will quickly fade if he follows up this seasons effort with something similar next year.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'll agree with that but I'd add Blackburn to the list. Thats about it though. Kind of embarassing
    No doubt he plays with passion and he's smarter than I give him credit for, but his play against the run (and all the LBs but Kiwi really) was pretty sub-par.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I would have to say the OC and DC are the main reason we didn't make the playoffs. We have routine coordinators...they come up with a gameplan and stick to that gameplan....no matter what. Terrible at making in game adjustments and play calling.

We have very talented players and a disciplinarian HC...I agree that we ALL had a SB hangover....BUT there is something seriously wrong that all of us...or the majority of Giants fans predicted a second half collapse when we were 6-2 and considered the best team in the league.

The D line as a unit just didn't play with the passion like in the SB year. JPP in particular...Tuck as well. We need both of these guys back to form and hungry next year if we're going to be successful.

I like Andre Brown..Stevie Brown and Hosley a lot. Obvously Wilson has the potential to be as good as Tiki if he can stay humble cuz condoms do break.

I think we should draft FB to complement Wilson so they can grow together.

Jaquan need to have a breakout year and Paysinger...we have talent at LB...the scheme was all ****ed up this year.
    Think we should move Kiwi back to DE as well.

I truly believe CWebb year was a fluke bad year....we all know dude is way better than what we saw last year.

I would be willing to trade Prince and a draft picks to try and get Revis or a bona fide CB. Prince is lacking the killer instincts IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I would have to say the OC and DC are the main reason we didn't make the playoffs. We have routine coordinators...they come up with a gameplan and stick to that gameplan....no matter what. Terrible at making in game adjustments and play calling.

We have very talented players and a disciplinarian HC...I agree that we ALL had a SB hangover....BUT there is something seriously wrong that all of us...or the majority of Giants fans predicted a second half collapse when we were 6-2 and considered the best team in the league.

The D line as a unit just didn't play with the passion like in the SB year. JPP in particular...Tuck as well. We need both of these guys back to form and hungry next year if we're going to be successful.

I like Andre Brown..Stevie Brown and Hosley a lot. Obvously Wilson has the potential to be as good as Tiki if he can stay humble cuz condoms do break.

Jaquan need to have a breakout year and Paysinger...we have talent at LB...the scheme was all ****ed up this year.

I truly believe CWebb year was a fluke bad year....we all know dude is way better than what we saw last year.

I would be willing to trade Prince and a draft picks to try and get Revis or a bona fide CB. Prince is lacking the killer instincts IMO.
    Trade our #2 CB who had a better year then Cweb, AND..I repeat, AND draft picks to get Revis, who is coming off an ACL surgery and has one year left, and then will command HUGE money(if he had a typical Revis year)..when we are already over the cap, and have holes to fill via the draft?

No thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Trade our #2 CB who had a better year then Cweb, AND..I repeat, AND draft picks to get Revis, who is coming off an ACL surgery and has one year left, and then will command HUGE money(if he had a typical Revis year)..when we are already over the cap, and have holes to fill via the draft?

No thanks.
    Thanks for addressing that for me haha

vCash

Draft a FB when we have Hynoski who had a great year....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Im sorry but JPPs effort was absurdly inconsistent despite the increased attention. It was painful to watch. He was not the same player as his rookie year where his effort singlehandedly won a Cowboys game that was essential to making the playoffs. I love JPP and hope he improves, he's one of my favorite players, but that will quickly fade if he follows up this seasons effort with something similar next year.
    I think with all the double teams and chips he was getting bottled up a lot and that can look like the effort isn't there. Idk if you've been watching SF but Smith has been struggling a lot for the same reason.

vCash
    I'll say this: Gilbride over the last couple of years has been incredibly GOOD at creating gameplans. He definitely doesn't seem to adjust much in game whether they're ahead or behind, which is frustrating, but sometimes it works out since they're wearing down an opponent or picking their spots. I put a lot of that on Coughlin too.

The downfall this last year was (1) failed execution on many levels of the offense and (2) playcalling which we all like to blame Gilbride for, but Coughlin has full say in that too AND Eli has full audible rights. There were a few times on here people were cursing Gilbride for a shotgun draw when it was clear that Eli checked into the play. The ingame calls are sometimes mind boggling (say in Philly where a run up the gut and a FG wins the game, but instead they throw 30 yds to their #4 WR for a TD) but they are to be blamed on all 3 of them.

Sometimes its as if all 3 have a different idea on what they want to do and it falls apart on field.

As for Fewell.....can't say much about his gameplan, b/c I just flat out hate his style of D. So his plan fits his style, but the whole zone and read-and-react crap giving up the length of the field in hopes of a turnover is just so awful to me. The few times it pays off just doesnt balance out for the times it gives up scores and looking at the bodies we have on D, it doesn't make sense. We need an aggressive plan. A blitz heavy plan.

vCash
    I think with all the double teams and chips he was getting bottled up a lot and that can look like the effort isn't there. Idk if you've been watching SF but Smith has been struggling a lot for the same reason.
    All good DEs get doubled, great ones break through it anyway. I really believe JPP got complacent/full of himself. I understand what you're saying, but I didn't see much effort.

Goodbye old friend.

vCash
    Fact of the matter is he wasn't getting no help what soever. Tuck was an embarrassment and lacked heart which could of resulted into JPP not giving a damn. All in all the defense as a whole alot of the times didn't play with heart. JPP has to improve, the guy can be an absolute BEAST if he gets everything down!

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash
    Cmon guys...we know that we are way to conservative on both sides of the football. We would love to have an aggressive OC to allow Eli to air it out more....hurry up offense from time to time. Same on the defensive side...more blitzes more aggressive looks...we're starving for it.

I don't get all the praise for Prince right now...he came to us injured ...held out and has not lived up to his high pick expectations yet. I think he's trade bait....I think he may get better but like I said...he's not holdout shut down corner he claimed to be. I guess the holdout then getting hurt pissed me off.

Why not draft a full back....Hynoski has been known to get injured more than his ability to block andrush. I pretty sure there's a durable ,physical FB out there that can compete for a roster spot?

Gilbride has his positives as a OC but I really sick and tired of the predictable play calls and the stupid ones like handing the ball of when the team is down by 3 ,Tds late in the 4th.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Cmon guys...we know that we are way to conservative on both sides of the football. We would love to have an aggressive OC to allow Eli to air it out more....hurry up offense from time to time. Same on the defensive side...more blitzes more aggressive looks...we're starving for it.

I don't get all the praise for Prince right now...he came to us injured ...held out and has not lived up to his high pick expectations yet. I think he's trade bait....I think he may get better but like I said...he's not holdout shut down corner he claimed to be. I guess the holdout then getting hurt pissed me off.

Why not draft a full back....Hynoski has been known to get injured more than his ability to block and rush. I pretty sure there's a durable ,physical FB out there that can compete for a roster spot?

Gilbride has his positives as a OC but I really sick and tired of the predictable play calls and the stupid ones like handing the ball of when the team is down by 3 ,Tds late in the 4th.
    Seriously?

He got injured during the combine before the draft, but he was regarded as once of the best full backs coming out of college that year.

The two years being with the Giants he's been an excellent lead blocker. Excellent.

I don't recall him having injuries when on the team itself. He's been solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Seriously?

He got injured during the combine before the draft, but he was regarded as once of the best full backs coming out of college that year.

The two years being with the Giants he's been an excellent lead blocker. Excellent.

I don't recall him having injuries when on the team itself. He's been solid.

He's Ok but I would prefer a more rounded FB with more speed and ability to catch out of the backfield.

vCash
    Ok, I don't understand the idea of replacing Hynoski. He's been incredibly solid. Dude is awesome. It seems what you want is Kuhn and there's only one of him. Or maybe an hback guy like when Pascoe was back there.

FB on the Giants is there to block and get 1-3 catches/game on a check down. that's about it. We don't do FB runs and have failed the few times they have. FBs aren't about speed and catching, they're there to block and anything else is a bonus. Hyno is a beast and only gonna get better.

Prince has been solid and on a rookie deal. He's only gotten better the more he's been out there and with Webster's decline, he might be our best CB. We're gonna be over the cap, so getting Revis and whatever monster deal he'd want from a new team is out of the question until the front office pulls off a cap miracle.

The coaching might be conservative, but as long as they have a pair of rings on their hand, nobody is gonna argue with them. This is what we got until TC decides to retire.

vCash
    I never siad replace but add depth and possibly a more versatile FB. We made a play for Kuhn last year but missed out....yeah that's exactly the type of back I want...he's out there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast