Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ok, I don't understand the idea of replacing Hynoski. He's been incredibly solid. Dude is awesome. It seems what you want is Kuhn and there's only one of him. Or maybe an hback guy like when Pascoe was back there.

FB on the Giants is there to block and get 1-3 catches/game on a check down. that's about it. We don't do FB runs and have failed the few times they have. FBs aren't about speed and catching, they're there to block and anything else is a bonus. Hyno is a beast and only gonna get better.

Prince has been solid and on a rookie deal. He's only gotten better the more he's been out there and with Webster's decline, he might be our best CB. We're gonna be over the cap, so getting Revis and whatever monster deal he'd want from a new team is out of the question until the front office pulls off a cap miracle.

The coaching might be conservative, but as long as they have a pair of rings on their hand, nobody is gonna argue with them. This is what we got until TC decides to retire.
    Just too add to this..because I completely agree, as I had shown above in my post.

This was tweeted from Andre Brown, a short while ago..

Andre Brown (@drebrown35) tweeted at 4:04 PM on Tue, Jan 29, 2013:

Sorry if I m all over the place today but look at film from last year now but when I was follow @HenryHynoski I was avg 6 yrs a pop

6 yards a run following a FB, that's pretty damn solid if you ask me.

As far as a guy to catch out of the backfield, we have that already. David Wilson, he has speed and ability to make guys miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I never siad replace but add depth and possibly a more versatile FB. We made a play for Kuhn last year but missed out....yeah that's exactly the type of back I want...he's out there.
    so carry 2 FBs?

I dunno, I'm going by the Gilbride system. FBs block and anything else is a fluke or broken play. I don't see that changing much. For this run game all we need is a FB who can get to the second level.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Trade our #2 CB who had a better year then Cweb, AND..I repeat, AND draft picks to get Revis, who is coming off an ACL surgery and has one year left, and then will command HUGE money(if he had a typical Revis year)..when we are already over the cap, and have holes to fill via the draft?

No thanks.
    We don't know that...he's with the Jets...He should break the bank on them. He's the best player since Joe Namath. Maybe he would welcome a trade to a winning franchise at this point in his career.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    We don't know that...he's with the Jets...He should break the bank on them. He's the best player since Joe Namath. Maybe he would welcome a trade to a winning franchise at this point in his career.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/23/16...ten-years-jets

That's what he wanted in 2010, a 10 year 162 million dollar contract. I'm sure his demands have gone down a bit since 2010 and an ACL injury. He will still ask for over 100 million dollars in his next contract.

Will he get a 100 million? Probably not. But Giants already have cap issues, so I don't see ANY chance, the Giants even consider going after him.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/23/16...ten-years-jets

That's what he wanted in 2010, a 10 year 162 million dollar contract. I'm sure his demands have gone down a bit since 2010 and an ACL injury. He will still ask for over 100 million dollars in his next contract.

Will he get a 100 million? Probably not. But Giants already have cap issues, so I don't see ANY chance, the Giants even consider going after him.
    For that money he's not worth it ever ... Too many CBS in f/a , draft and for us on our team to waste anything on a guy who holds out half the time plays well of course but he's just a CB not even delay , he'd help tremendously but he's no prime time .

I think I'd take cromartie over him depending on his salary length and baggage.

vCash
    Revis is set to recover well from teh injury. He might be the best CB ever and is worth a lot of money. A lot of money that we can't afford.

vCash
    Here's an evaluation:

Every damn player on this team played like they just won the Super Bowl. Like they were waiting for good things to happen instead of playing with fire and passion and making them happen. Even some of the guys who weren't on the team for the SB played like that, showing its a mentality that spread.

Only exceptions to me were:
    Wilson and Randle (obviously....high round rookies trying to earn a starting spot)
    Locklear
    Beatty - Not the greatest LT in the league but he's gotten at least a little bit better every year in the league. Hope it doesnt change once he gets paid.
    Hixon - He doesn't get a lot of opportunities but he damn sure makes the most of ALL of them.
    Weatherford - The most consistent guy on the team right now.
    Hynoski - The 2nd most consistent guy on the team.
    Prince - I dunno if he'll ever progress to a shutdown type, but he sure played full throttle this year while the rest of the secondary took a step back. Especially in run support.
    Snee - Considering he was fighting some nasty injuries, pretty damn impressive work.
    what about the Browns? Stevie and Andre? Stevie made the most of his opportunities as well, even though some of his picks where the "right time, right place" the guy played decent as a back-up and as a starter...same goes for Andre before he got hurt....he was the most consistent runner we had in the time he was playing for us...
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Im sorry but JPPs effort was absurdly inconsistent despite the increased attention. It was painful to watch. He was not the same player as his rookie year where his effort singlehandedly won a Cowboys game that was essential to making the playoffs. I love JPP and hope he improves, he's one of my favorite players, but that will quickly fade if he follows up this seasons effort with something similar next year.
    it was his sophomore year, not rookie year, just saying lol, put I think he'll bounce back...this was kind of like a "junior sophomore" / superbowl hangover as well, so i think JPP will be back to normal in 2013
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Completely disagree with some of you guys about Prince. Sure he's not a topnotch CB (yet) but I have the feeling that some of you guys see him as our #1 CB and evaluate him as such (and therefore compare him to guys like Revis, Woodson or Tillman). Webster should be our #1 CB and be treated as a shutdown corner, even though he wasn't able to come through this season.

You shouldn't look at Prince this way, the guy basically just had his rookie-season after missing more than half of his actual rookie-season and for a rookie he did pretty well. I actually still believe that if he's able to improve again next season the way he did this season, he's gonna be pretty awesome for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Completely disagree with some of you guys about Prince. Sure he's not a topnotch CB (yet) but I have the feeling that some of you guys see him as our #1 CB and evaluate him as such (and therefore compare him to guys like Revis, Woodson or Tillman). Webster should be our #1 CB and be treated as a shutdown corner, even though he wasn't able to come through this season.

You shouldn't look at Prince this way, the guy basically just had his rookie-season after missing more than half of his actual rookie-season and for a rookie he did pretty well. I actually still believe that if he's able to improve again next season the way he did this season, he's gonna be pretty awesome for us.
    Stiff hips are a smaller problem now for him than previously so perhaps you're evaluation of Prince is correct and he progresses we could still use another CB next to him when prince leaves .

vCash

Stiff hips are a smaller problem now for him than previously so perhaps you're evaluation of Prince is correct and he progresses we could still use another CB next to him when prince leaves .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    what about the Browns? Stevie and Andre? Stevie made the most of his opportunities as well, even though some of his picks where the "right time, right place" the guy played decent as a back-up and as a starter...same goes for Andre before he got hurt....he was the most consistent runner we had in the time he was playing for us...
    Agreed. Forgot about the Brown boys......hmmm.....that sounds racist.

vCash

Yup. You don't take a CB talent that high in the draft without expecting him to be your #1 CB one day though. Webster will get phased down and Prince will get more #1WR work and it should make for a good transition.

vCash
    Agreed. Forgot about the Brown boys......hmmm.....that sounds racist.
    Lmao literally.. Yea it does o well now I have to report you G

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Lmao literally.. Yea it does o well now I have to report you G
    I'll go ban myself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast