Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, a deep threat would be sweet. Damn, Emery has his work cut out for himself. Tagging Melton and trading him to the 'boys for picks may not be a bad idea. Dallas has a reputation for overpaying for players. The extra picks could sure help out.

Where's Dallas picking this year?

vCash
    Ok, I see Dallas has the 18th pick.

What's Melton's value?

vCash
    I am very curious to see what this offseason brings. I am hopefully for the best but I am naturally suspicious of the unknown. The unknown in this case is knowing what Emery will do.

I hear much being said about our locker room and how we can take chances on some people because of a strong locker room. Unfortunately, our once strong locker room isn't so strong any more and it would become worse if Urlacher isn't resign. Outside of Tillman there is no other real strong force in the locker room. Cutler is moody, Marshall has had his issues, Briggs is strong only when next to Urlacher, and Peppers never has had a strong voice and chances are he won't be here next year anyway so his voice wouldn't carry much wait. Garza doesn't command respect and probably won't make the roster if we draft B. Jones and Melton is a season or two of Pro Bowl caliber play from becoming a leader in our locker room.

This is not a I love Lovie post or an I hate Trestman post. Fact is Lovie commanded respect from his players and for the most part they acted the part of professionals and our locker room was at peace. Lovie fell short on the offensive side of the ball and that was proven. However the intangible thing that he brought and that hasn't been said is how he kept our locker room and team playing together well and as good team mates without throwing each other under the bus.

I am hoping that Trestman can keep that going, but it isn't a guarantee and it is not something to take for granted. While we all as Bears fans should be excited for a new beginning and getting some things right that were wrong, I am cautiously optimistic.

Change is upon us and I hope that it is for the better. And I hope this new regime gets us to the promise land.

vCash
    ok we dont have a strong locker room

vCash
    What makes so strong now? It isn't as strong as it was. Losing Urlacher would make it weaker. Therefore we couldn't keep taking risky players with volitile personalities.

vCash
    That's such a stupid and cliche statement... The locker room is fine with or without urlacher

vCash
    Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeerp.

vCash
    It's the offseason. We don't know what our locker room will or won't be. Is Urlacher coming back? Garza? can we play the tuba using only our butt cheeks? Will Santa finally come out and admit things to T'eo? We have no idea whats gonna happen but I think your forgetting a lot of leaders in a vet locker room this isn't Dallas

vCash
    And Garza is a cut or keep you don't pay back up centers that well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729:25287274
    I don't see Lane Johnson being available when the Bears pick at 20. Carimi, Louis, Webb and Scott are not the run blocker that Fluker is. And yes, this regime may think it is the right thing to do to somewhat give up on Carimi and move him to OG. They didn't draft him and he isn't connected to them.
    (a) Considering the fact that Carimi graded out as one of the best run blockers in the NFL, that is QUITE a statement to assume Fluker is better at that department.

(b) And this regime has already given hints multiple times that they aren't going to just totally give up on talent because it doesn't fit their mold or philosophy. To this regime, fortunately, talent is talent so I don't buy this argument for a second. Carimi is talented. That is a fact. You don't give up on a player who only just finished his second season just because you have no connection to him. That is asinine and impatient evaluating.

vCash
    Hahahahaha

vCash
    That was a good explanation jpro.

My fault, I forgot, I am not suppose to have my own opinion.

Seriously...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    And Garza is a cut or keep you don't pay back up centers that well
    Who said to pay him as a reserve?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    That was a good explanation jpro.

My fault, I forgot, I am not suppose to have my own opinion.

Seriously...
    Your opinion is fine to have, but I feel like your judgement is a little skewed
    Last edited by jp611; 02-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    (a) Considering the fact that Carimi graded out as one of the best run blockers in the NFL, that is QUITE a statement to assume Fluker is better at that department.

(b) And this regime has already given hints multiple times that they aren't going to just totally give up on talent because it doesn't fit their mold or philosophy. To this regime, fortunately, talent is talent so I don't buy this argument for a second. Carimi is talented. That is a fact. You don't give up on a player who only just finished his second season just because you have no connection to him. That is asinine and impatient evaluating.
    Yes I would still say Fluker is a better run blocker than Carimi. Carimi graded out as one of the worst OL in football this season.

I am not saying that they are or should going to give up on him, but it has happened before. He has a shorter leash. He has been terrible when he has been on the field. Look back I am all for letting Carimi have first shot at the RT. I want him to be the RT of the future, but the Bears can't just sit back and hope he works out. If there is a guy that is there for them to get, like Fluker or anyone else, then you do it.

This offensive line is overall terrible. It could use an upgrade across the board. I am hoping and I am sure the Bears are as well that they have 2 starters for the future in Brown and Carimi and 3 if they resign Louis, but that shouldn't stop them at all of bringing in guys who could take their jobs from day 1. It is not like anyone is making huge money and is bad.

If they think Carimi is better suited for OG, then do it now and if you get a guy like Fluker to play RT, then you have a very good run blocking right side that I am sure Forte and Bush will love to run behind.

You say they have given multiple hints about not give up on talent because it doesn't fit their scheme or philosophy, yeah nobody would give up on talent, but they would give up on BAD and he has been bad, injured or not. If he is bad, then he is bad. I hope they are like that, or else he is just like Angelo who tried to force bad players down our throats because he drafted them high.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast