Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Spaeth really wasn't an issue though, he performed well with his limited action. Pair him up with a TE that can actually be a concern for defenses and he'd be a great for. Pair Spaeth up with a pure receiving TE and we could have a really good combo.

vCash
    I had a dream the Bears signed Albert. Take it for what it's worth. It would be awesome if we could sign Albert at a reasonable price so we could draft a LB or even a DE in the 1st. I think with the addition of Albert with better coaching and schemes from Trestman\Kromer, the O-line is insantly upgraded. Maybe draft a OC or OG in the 4th or 5th to develop under the new regime and we would have more than a capable line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Spaeth really wasn't an issue though, he performed well with his limited action. Pair him up with a TE that can actually be a concern for defenses and he'd be a great for. Pair Spaeth up with a pure receiving TE and we could have a really good combo.
    Spaeth is good for what he is which is one dimensional AND unfortunately overpaid. Time to move on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post
    I had a dream the Bears signed Albert. Take it for what it's worth. It would be awesome if we could sign Albert at a reasonable price so we could draft a LB or even a DE in the 1st. I think with the addition of Albert with better coaching and schemes from Trestman\Kromer, the O-line is insantly upgraded. Maybe draft a OC or OG in the 4th or 5th to develop under the new regime and we would have more than a capable line.
    I had a dream that JJ Watt, Ryan Clady, and Desean Jackson came over and he left his attitude and just wanted to be a dynamic slot receiver. If Albert hits free agency you will have to redefine "a reasonable price". Stud LT never go cheap.

vCash
    Honestly Bushrod is a possibility with his coach coming over ,but he certainly not worth over paying for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Do you guys think if the Bears draft either Travis Kelce or Gavin Escobar, they could start from day 1? Another option in free agency would be Anthony Fasano. He is a top of the line blocker while playing the intermediate game very nicely. Has great hands. Would be an upgrade over Spaeth.
    I personally prefer Kelce.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Webb had only 6 less QB pressures allowed than Bushrod in over 120 less snaps. Not to mention Bushrod is the better run blocker. I would call Bushrod an upgrade over Webb. Webb is terrible.
    In 2012, J'Marcus Webb played 1073 snaps. Jermon Bushrod played 1129. That's a difference of 56. Webb gave up (per PFF) 7 sacks to Bushrod's 8. Webb gave up 5 hits to Bushrod's 4. Webb gave up 29 hurries to Bushrod's 46.

Webb graded out as the better player in pass pro (by a 4.9 margin) and worse in run blocking (by a 2.9 margin).

What does all of this say? Nothing. It says absolutely nothing because there's zero context. Numbers are fun, aren't they?

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post

LOL.. I take it you had a dream..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    In 2012, J'Marcus Webb played 1073 snaps. Jermon Bushrod played 1129. That's a difference of 56. Webb gave up (per PFF) 7 sacks to Bushrod's 8. Webb gave up 5 hits to Bushrod's 4. Webb gave up 29 hurries to Bushrod's 46.

Webb graded out as the better player in pass pro (by a 4.9 margin) and worse in run blocking (by a 2.9 margin).

What does all of this say? Nothing. It says absolutely nothing because there's zero context. Numbers are fun, aren't they?
    Ok well what I looked at on PFF had Webb graded out worse than Bushrod at pass pro. So not sure what either of us are looking at. But I guess we disagree. Yeah numbers are fun. I am to lazy to go find the page I was on, but whatever.

vCash
    Well, I'm looking at the right thing. Not sure what you were looking at.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    I don't think anyone believes Bushrod is the answer. If they do them they don't watch football.

vCash
    Speculation is fun. We have no idea how things will work out.

With that said, we need oline upgrades, a pass catching TE, and possibly a new starting LB. I anxious to see how Emery handles the roster.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Speculation is fun. We have no idea how things will work out.

With that said, we need oline upgrades, a pass catching TE, and possibly a new starting LB. I anxious to see how Emery handles the roster.
    And a deep threat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Is it weird to have faith in our GM to do the right things?
    No, not at all. I think this offseason will be a lot more unpredicatable than we anticipate.

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast