Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1012
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,246
    vCash
    1500
    Spaeth really wasn't an issue though, he performed well with his limited action. Pair him up with a TE that can actually be a concern for defenses and he'd be a great for. Pair Spaeth up with a pure receiving TE and we could have a really good combo.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,519
    vCash
    1800
    I had a dream the Bears signed Albert. Take it for what it's worth. It would be awesome if we could sign Albert at a reasonable price so we could draft a LB or even a DE in the 1st. I think with the addition of Albert with better coaching and schemes from Trestman\Kromer, the O-line is insantly upgraded. Maybe draft a OC or OG in the 4th or 5th to develop under the new regime and we would have more than a capable line.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Spaeth really wasn't an issue though, he performed well with his limited action. Pair him up with a TE that can actually be a concern for defenses and he'd be a great for. Pair Spaeth up with a pure receiving TE and we could have a really good combo.
    Spaeth is good for what he is which is one dimensional AND unfortunately overpaid. Time to move on

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post
    I had a dream the Bears signed Albert. Take it for what it's worth. It would be awesome if we could sign Albert at a reasonable price so we could draft a LB or even a DE in the 1st. I think with the addition of Albert with better coaching and schemes from Trestman\Kromer, the O-line is insantly upgraded. Maybe draft a OC or OG in the 4th or 5th to develop under the new regime and we would have more than a capable line.
    I had a dream that JJ Watt, Ryan Clady, and Desean Jackson came over and he left his attitude and just wanted to be a dynamic slot receiver. If Albert hits free agency you will have to redefine "a reasonable price". Stud LT never go cheap.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,763
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly Bushrod is a possibility with his coach coming over ,but he certainly not worth over paying for.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Do you guys think if the Bears draft either Travis Kelce or Gavin Escobar, they could start from day 1? Another option in free agency would be Anthony Fasano. He is a top of the line blocker while playing the intermediate game very nicely. Has great hands. Would be an upgrade over Spaeth.
    I personally prefer Kelce.
    No ideas for the moment.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,616
    vCash
    1750
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Webb had only 6 less QB pressures allowed than Bushrod in over 120 less snaps. Not to mention Bushrod is the better run blocker. I would call Bushrod an upgrade over Webb. Webb is terrible.
    In 2012, J'Marcus Webb played 1073 snaps. Jermon Bushrod played 1129. That's a difference of 56. Webb gave up (per PFF) 7 sacks to Bushrod's 8. Webb gave up 5 hits to Bushrod's 4. Webb gave up 29 hurries to Bushrod's 46.

    Webb graded out as the better player in pass pro (by a 4.9 margin) and worse in run blocking (by a 2.9 margin).



    What does all of this say? Nothing. It says absolutely nothing because there's zero context. Numbers are fun, aren't they?

    NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post
    I had a dream the Bears signed Albert. Take it for what it's worth. It would be awesome if we could sign Albert at a reasonable price so we could draft a LB or even a DE in the 1st. I think with the addition of Albert with better coaching and schemes from Trestman\Kromer, the O-line is insantly upgraded. Maybe draft a OC or OG in the 4th or 5th to develop under the new regime and we would have more than a capable line.

    LOL.. I take it you had a dream..

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,594
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    In 2012, J'Marcus Webb played 1073 snaps. Jermon Bushrod played 1129. That's a difference of 56. Webb gave up (per PFF) 7 sacks to Bushrod's 8. Webb gave up 5 hits to Bushrod's 4. Webb gave up 29 hurries to Bushrod's 46.

    Webb graded out as the better player in pass pro (by a 4.9 margin) and worse in run blocking (by a 2.9 margin).



    What does all of this say? Nothing. It says absolutely nothing because there's zero context. Numbers are fun, aren't they?
    Ok well what I looked at on PFF had Webb graded out worse than Bushrod at pass pro. So not sure what either of us are looking at. But I guess we disagree. Yeah numbers are fun. I am to lazy to go find the page I was on, but whatever.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,616
    vCash
    1750
    Well, I'm looking at the right thing. Not sure what you were looking at.

    NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,763
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think anyone believes Bushrod is the answer. If they do them they don't watch football.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,690
    vCash
    1500
    Speculation is fun. We have no idea how things will work out.

    With that said, we need oline upgrades, a pass catching TE, and possibly a new starting LB. I anxious to see how Emery handles the roster.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,908
    vCash
    785

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Speculation is fun. We have no idea how things will work out.

    With that said, we need oline upgrades, a pass catching TE, and possibly a new starting LB. I anxious to see how Emery handles the roster.
    And a deep threat

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Is it weird to have faith in our GM to do the right things?
    No, not at all. I think this offseason will be a lot more unpredicatable than we anticipate.

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •