Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1012
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    With his size, there will be someone to think of his potential.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,556
    vCash
    1500
    Walterfootball's latest mock has the Bears draft like this

    Rd1- Alec Ogletree
    Rd2- Tavon Austin
    Rd4- Oday Aboushi

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    Davis is gone. They saw his "potential" last year. There isn't a coach or GM in football that are going to be interested in him after what they saw in extended time last year.
    As long our GM sees no potential and cuts him, I'm good.
    No ideas for the moment.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,556
    vCash
    1500
    My latest mock with what I think could happen.

    Trade: CHI trade #20(Rd1) to SF for #32(Rd1), #74(Rd3) and #126(Rd4). Reasoning for CHI: Bears look to move back and grab two extra picks. Reasoning for SF: The Niners have extra picks this year and could look to move up to select someone they could be targeting. (Xavier Rhodes or Jonathan Banks)

    Bears draft:
    Rd1 (SF)- Kevin Minter LB LSU
    Rd2- DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama
    Rd3 (SF)- Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
    Rd4- Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    Rd4 (SF)- Hugh Thornton OG Illinois
    Rd5- Davonte Holloman OLB South Carolina
    Rd6- Graham Pocic OC Illinois

    Offseason:
    Cut:
    Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Devin Hester

    Resign:
    Henry Melton DT (5yrs/$41M)
    Nick Roach LB (3yrs/$7M
    Lance Louis OG (2yrs/$5M)
    Izzy Idonije DE (2yrs/$3M)
    Kelvin Hayden CB (1yr/$800K)
    Amobi Okoye DT (1yr/$800K)
    Zackary Bowman CB (1yr/$800K)
    Craig Steltz (1yr/$800K)

    Sign:
    Jared Cook TE (3yrs/$9M)
    Titus Young WR (3yrs/$10M)
    Jermon Bushrod LT (2yrs/$6M)
    Brian Hoyer QB (2yrs/$2M)
    Derek Cox CB (3yrs/$7M)

    Roster:

    QB-Cutler, Hoyer, Blanchard
    RB- Forte, Bush, Allen
    FB- E. Rodriguez
    WR- Marshall, Jeffrey, Young, Bennett, Bailey, Weems
    TE- Cook, Escobar, Adams
    LT- Bushrod, Webb
    LG- Thornton, J. Brown (competition)
    OC- Garza, Pocic
    RG- Carimi, E. Williams, L. Louis (working back from inj.)
    RT- Fluker, Webb, Carimi

    RE- Peppers, McClellan
    LE- Wootton, Idonije
    DT- Paea, Collins
    UT- Melton, Okoye
    WLB- Briggs, JT Thomas
    MLB- Minter, DeCicco
    SLB- Roach, Holloman
    CB- Tillman, Jennings, Cox, Hayden, Bowman
    FS- Conte, Hardin, Walters
    SS- Wright, Hardin, Steltz
    K- Gould
    P- Podlesh
    LS- Mannelly

    I just threw this together really quickly. I would take this team going into next year.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,802
    vCash
    785
    Titus young is and idiot

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    My latest mock with what I think could happen.

    Trade: CHI trade #20(Rd1) to SF for #32(Rd1), #74(Rd3) and #126(Rd4). Reasoning for CHI: Bears look to move back and grab two extra picks. Reasoning for SF: The Niners have extra picks this year and could look to move up to select someone they could be targeting. (Xavier Rhodes or Jonathan Banks)

    Bears draft:
    Rd1 (SF)- Kevin Minter LB LSU
    Rd2- DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama
    Rd3 (SF)- Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
    Rd4- Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    Rd4 (SF)- Hugh Thornton OG Illinois
    Rd5- Davonte Holloman OLB South Carolina
    Rd6- Graham Pocic OC Illinois

    Offseason:
    Cut:
    Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Devin Hester

    Resign:
    Henry Melton DT (5yrs/$41M)
    Nick Roach LB (3yrs/$7M
    Lance Louis OG (2yrs/$5M)
    Izzy Idonije DE (2yrs/$3M)
    Kelvin Hayden CB (1yr/$800K)
    Amobi Okoye DT (1yr/$800K)
    Zackary Bowman CB (1yr/$800K)
    Craig Steltz (1yr/$800K)

    Sign:
    Jared Cook TE (3yrs/$9M)
    Titus Young WR (3yrs/$10M)
    Jermon Bushrod LT (2yrs/$6M)
    Brian Hoyer QB (2yrs/$2M)
    Derek Cox CB (3yrs/$7M)

    Roster:

    QB-Cutler, Hoyer, Blanchard
    RB- Forte, Bush, Allen
    FB- E. Rodriguez
    WR- Marshall, Jeffrey, Young, Bennett, Bailey, Weems
    TE- Cook, Escobar, Adams
    LT- Bushrod, Webb
    LG- Thornton, J. Brown (competition)
    OC- Garza, Pocic
    RG- Carimi, E. Williams, L. Louis (working back from inj.)
    RT- Fluker, Webb, Carimi

    RE- Peppers, McClellan
    LE- Wootton, Idonije
    DT- Paea, Collins
    UT- Melton, Okoye
    WLB- Briggs, JT Thomas
    MLB- Minter, DeCicco
    SLB- Roach, Holloman
    CB- Tillman, Jennings, Cox, Hayden, Bowman
    FS- Conte, Hardin, Walters
    SS- Wright, Hardin, Steltz
    K- Gould
    P- Podlesh
    LS- Mannelly

    I just threw this together really quickly. I would take this team going into next year.
    I personally hate Titus Young and Fluker.

    I would rather wait and draft a guy like Oboushi personally.

    I would love Minter though. Ogletree, T'eo or Minter would be awesome.
    No ideas for the moment.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,556
    vCash
    1500
    Why do you hate Fluker? Fluker is a great talent with massive size. Could be a great RT in this league for many years.

    I get the Titus Young hate, and he is still a Lion, but I think he will be really looking to stick it to the Lions and what better way than to go to a division rival and get to play them 2 times a year.

    Honestly, I am about winning a damn Super Bowl. If Titus Young can come in and help do that, then I'll take him. I think the guys on this team could really help him.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    @PFF_Sam: Richard Sherman asks fans in NOLA who's better, Revis or Sherman. This is funny. http://t.co/9F161WwS

    Not going to lie, after this, I like Sherman. This was hilarious.
    No ideas for the moment.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Why do you hate Fluker? Fluker is a great talent with massive size. Could be a great RT in this league for many years.

    I get the Titus Young hate, and he is still a Lion, but I think he will be really looking to stick it to the Lions and what better way than to go to a division rival and get to play them 2 times a year.

    Honestly, I am about winning a damn Super Bowl. If Titus Young can come in and help do that, then I'll take him. I think the guys on this team could really help him.
    Fluker has high bust potential. He has good size, but so does Webb. Fluker really struggled this year, he gave up 4 or 5 sacks. In what, 4 games less than Webb? Webb was tied for the lead with 7 in the NFL.

    Just not worth the risk in the 2nd personally.
    No ideas for the moment.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34,939
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    My latest mock with what I think could happen.

    Trade: CHI trade #20(Rd1) to SF for #32(Rd1), #74(Rd3) and #126(Rd4). Reasoning for CHI: Bears look to move back and grab two extra picks. Reasoning for SF: The Niners have extra picks this year and could look to move up to select someone they could be targeting. (Xavier Rhodes or Jonathan Banks)

    Bears draft:
    Rd1 (SF)- Kevin Minter LB LSU
    Rd2- DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama
    Rd3 (SF)- Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
    Rd4- Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
    Rd4 (SF)- Hugh Thornton OG Illinois
    Rd5- Davonte Holloman OLB South Carolina
    Rd6- Graham Pocic OC Illinois

    Offseason:
    Cut:
    Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Devin Hester

    Resign:
    Henry Melton DT (5yrs/$41M)
    Nick Roach LB (3yrs/$7M
    Lance Louis OG (2yrs/$5M)
    Izzy Idonije DE (2yrs/$3M)
    Kelvin Hayden CB (1yr/$800K)
    Amobi Okoye DT (1yr/$800K)
    Zackary Bowman CB (1yr/$800K)
    Craig Steltz (1yr/$800K)

    Sign:
    Jared Cook TE (3yrs/$9M)
    Titus Young WR (3yrs/$10M)
    Jermon Bushrod LT (2yrs/$6M)
    Brian Hoyer QB (2yrs/$2M)
    Derek Cox CB (3yrs/$7M)

    Roster:

    QB-Cutler, Hoyer, Blanchard
    RB- Forte, Bush, Allen
    FB- E. Rodriguez
    WR- Marshall, Jeffrey, Young, Bennett, Bailey, Weems
    TE- Cook, Escobar, Adams
    LT- Bushrod, Webb
    LG- Thornton, J. Brown (competition)
    OC- Garza, Pocic
    RG- Carimi, E. Williams, L. Louis (working back from inj.)
    RT- Fluker, Webb, Carimi

    RE- Peppers, McClellan
    LE- Wootton, Idonije
    DT- Paea, Collins
    UT- Melton, Okoye
    WLB- Briggs, JT Thomas
    MLB- Minter, DeCicco
    SLB- Roach, Holloman
    CB- Tillman, Jennings, Cox, Hayden, Bowman
    FS- Conte, Hardin, Walters
    SS- Wright, Hardin, Steltz
    K- Gould
    P- Podlesh
    LS- Mannelly

    I just threw this together really quickly. I would take this team going into next year.
    I'd love to get Cook, but he's definitely going to cost more than 3 years 9mil considering he's probably the best TE on the market.

    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Why do you hate Fluker? Fluker is a great talent with massive size. Could be a great RT in this league for many years.

    I get the Titus Young hate, and he is still a Lion, but I think he will be really looking to stick it to the Lions and what better way than to go to a division rival and get to play them 2 times a year.

    Honestly, I am about winning a damn Super Bowl. If Titus Young can come in and help do that, then I'll take him. I think the guys on this team could really help him.
    Personally, I don't hate Fluker, but I don't think he brings anything to the line that we don't already have. For the most part, I really think the right side of our line can be fixed in-house between Louis, Webb, Carimi and Scott. LT and center are our two biggest needs on the line, and Fluker doesn't really help us with either.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tinley Park, IL
    Posts
    781
    vCash
    1500
    I would take Titus Young, but I feel that the Bears will stay away. The Bears want to make sure that their image is clean and that they don't tolerate behavior like that. I can see him landing with the Cowboys because they will take that gamble. I just have this feeling that we might be surprised on what happens this offseason. We were all shocked with the Marshal trade so I just see something potentially big happening. There was such movement with the front office the last 2 years so I feel that it is the roster's turn.


    When your closet's clean, then come clean somebody else's. But clean yours first, okay.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Personally, I don't hate Fluker, but I don't think he brings anything to the line that we don't already have. For the most part, I really think the right side of our line can be fixed in-house between Louis, Webb, Carimi and Scott. LT and center are our two biggest needs on the line, and Fluker doesn't really help us with either.
    Me personally, think every position on this OLine could be upgraded. I really think the only starter quality player you listed was Louis. He is a free agent.

    I have been an advocate to keep Carimi in a starter's spot, mainly because he was a first round pick, but in reality he isn't very good anywhere. I DON"T want Webb starting unless it is because of an injury to the player in front of him. I don't even see Scott being back on this team.

    In my scenario, Bushrod isn't the ideal LT, but he has been with Kromer for a while and should be a good deal financially. James Brown and Hugh Thornton compete to play LG, they both are good run blockers and have the ability to become good pass protecting guards. They could even end up being the starting duo in the future. Garza would be the center for next season with Pocic taking over the year after. Carimi would be the starting LG until Louis is ready. Fluker is an ideal RT who is a great run blocker with the feet to be a decent pass blocker.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34,939
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Me personally, think every position on this OLine could be upgraded. I really think the only starter quality player you listed was Louis. He is a free agent.

    I have been an advocate to keep Carimi in a starter's spot, mainly because he was a first round pick, but in reality he isn't very good anywhere. I DON"T want Webb starting unless it is because of an injury to the player in front of him. I don't even see Scott being back on this team.

    In my scenario, Bushrod isn't the ideal LT, but he has been with Kromer for a while and should be a good deal financially. James Brown and Hugh Thornton compete to play LG, they both are good run blockers and have the ability to become good pass protecting guards. They could even end up being the starting duo in the future. Garza would be the center for next season with Pocic taking over the year after. Carimi would be the starting LG until Louis is ready. Fluker is an ideal RT who is a great run blocker with the feet to be a decent pass blocker.
    I just can't agree with the sentiment of completely rebooting our O-line AGAIN. Our players have been grossly misused, but that doesn't mean there isn't some talent in this roster. Bottomline, we are devoid of an LT, and could probably use another interior lineman, but I in no way support the idea of using a pick (especially a high one) on another RT. We had too many needs as is.

    And Debo as summed up my thoughts numerous times on the idea of paying a lot for a mediocre player like Bushrod. I'd rather pay the 4th of the salary Bushrod will demand for Webb.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,556
    vCash
    1500
    But Bushrod is a huge upgrade over Webb. Webb was the worst tackle in the league over the past three years. He has shown no development.

    I understand you don't want to have to rebuild this line, but this is only Emery's 2nd year at the helm, he wants to bring in the players he thinks can build a line to protect Jay Cutler. Cutler has shown time and time again that he doesn't trust Webb at LT.

    If Carimi shows he can handle OG or Emery and Kromer think he can be the RT of the future (which doesn't look too good) then Fluker can be an impact at RG.

    So Kozel, do you not want the Bears to draft OL in the first two rounds?

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,904
    vCash
    1500
    Barrett Jones would instantly take control become the leader of the oline. No to Fluker unless we trade down.

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •